+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
March 2017 applicant.

Meds submitted/passed around June/July 2017. Background process initiated around late October.

Since then, there is a pin drop silence :confused:. really hope they process some files since holidays are over now.

Hello,

Same here, I am March 2017 applicant.
Meds submitted and passed in Nov and in progressing of background check.

My application status still have " We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." Do you have the same ?
Do IRCC start review eligibility at the very final stage or after background check?

Good luck to everyone

Reactions: polar25

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you for you reply! I am a March 28, 2017 applicant, AOR received April 7, Background check etc completed in May 2017. I still haven’t received a medical request; however in my CIC account, it’s been “we are processing your background” for the past 2 months. Hoping for positive updates soon! Good luck with your application.
If I was you I would call cic and see what’s going on because they are already sending medical request to people from may!

travel2017ar

Jan 2, 2018
Long time reader, first time poster...

Today received letter asking for current lease agreement. Haven't heard anything for a while. Submitted, I think it's because we've moved provinces since filing. Any thoughts? Fingers crossed it's a sign that things are close...

App received: January 31, 2017
AOR received: February 16, 2017
Sched A & PCC sent: March 2017
OWP approved: April 2017
Med request: June 2017
Meds done and approved: July 2017

Nothing since then until today!
Checked ECAS today and it says "Decision Made" for sponsor but nothing when I clicked the underlined portion, and then for PA it says they are waiting to receive reply to correspondence from Jan 2, 2018...

No other correspondence, wondering if we have SA?

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
OWp will help as a supporting document when you re entry canada along with your valid Temporary Resident visa (tRV) but ofcourse its not a`100% guarantee that they will allow to enter canada since you are not a PR yet.. I called cic for this matter few months ago since im planning to go for a vacation this year while waiting for my pr application.. it might not be a 100% guarantee but they said as long as you satisfy the immigration officer in the airport with your answer and with your valid documents then you are good to enter canada ..
I just travelled home to London and back for Xmas. I'm inland applicant 3 months in. The cbsa guys were v friendly, actually gave me 12 month visitor record saying I'm entering with dual intent so I can travel without worry next time.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Same here, I am March 2017 applicant.
Meds submitted and passed in Nov and in progressing of background check.

My application status still have " We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." Do you have the same ?
Do IRCC start review eligibility at the very final stage or after background check?

Good luck to everyone
Yes have the same status.

and no idea how cic is processing files (i mean what steps they take first)

Reactions: wolforever

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
If I was you I would call cic and see what’s going on because they are already sending medical request to people from may!
Thank you. I will definitely phone them tomorrow. I do have the “your action is required” alert in my account, but there is no message. I phoned them few months back about it and they said to ignore it. My CIC account was also part of their glitch earlier this year, so I didn’t recieve the background check request until I got in touch with them, same thing could be happening again. Good luck with your application!

Last edited:

shane21

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
I just created an account with CIC and then use my personal information to search for my application with them .. ( family name , date of birth and passport number )