+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Shawn17

Apr 1, 2016
Hello Friends,

I just started my application. I have a couple of questions, hope anyone of you can help me out.

1. We just got married 3 weeks ago in Ontario, Canada. At the moment, I have Record of Solemnization (white Document) as a proof of marriage, Can I go ahead and submit this document with the application? Also, I heard that we can submit this Record of Solemnization as it is valid for 3 months, is this true?

2. I have a birth certificate from India, which has both English and regional language in it. Do i need to submit a completely translated document in English with certified translator and Notary signature on the document or can I go ahead and submit the existing birth certificate which I currently have?

Please do reply, your immediate help on the above questions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Shawn17 said:
Hello Friends,
1. We just got married 3 weeks ago in Ontario, Canada. At the moment, I have Record of Solemnization (white Document) as a proof of marriage, Can I go ahead and submit this document with the application? Also, I heard that we can submit this Record of Solemnization as it is valid for 3 months, is this true?
Hi Shawn,

I would apply online right now for a marriage certificate. Ours took 5 weeks to come, and I sent it 5 days after our wedding.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-get-copy-ontario-marriage-certificate-online

Reactions: mcrystald

Shawn17

Apr 1, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean, you send your Record of Solemnization along with the application ? \

Thanks,
Shawn

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018
Shawn17 said:
Hello Friends,

I just started my application. I have a couple of questions, hope anyone of you can help me out.

2. I have a birth certificate from India, which has both English and regional language in it. Do i need to submit a completely translated document in English with certified translator and Notary signature on the document or can I go ahead and submit the existing birth certificate which I currently have?

Please do reply, your immediate help on the above questions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn
I think you have to submit a copy of the marriage certificate so I would go ahead and order one. As for the birth certificate, as long as it has everything also in English then you shouldn't need to have it translated. So a regular copy should be fine. This is my understanding at least.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Shawn17 said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean, you send your Record of Solemnization along with the application ? \

Thanks,
Shawn
Hi it has to be the marriage certificate it can't be the record of solemnization. Good luck!

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
No I meant to say apply online for the marriage certificate, it will take about a month to arrive.

Sorry i should have been more specific. Do not send the record of solemnization. They will not accept your application.

Apply for the marriage certificate online through the link I provided earlier.

Reactions: mcrystald

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Hi you have to send the marriage certificate .. do apply urs asap .. i got my marriage certificate within 1 week .. i requested to do the rush service for the certificate though ... good luck :)

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Tajnuba said:
Hi you have to send the marriage certificate .. do apply urs asap .. i got my marriage certificate within 1 week .. i requested to do the rush service for the certificate though ... good luck :)
What reason did you give for it being rushed?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi everyone! I submitted our spousal sponsorship with OWP application on February 10th, 2017. I'm currently on a study permit expiring next month and also pregnant! :eek: So yeah, no pressure right? ;D Just waiting for now.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tajnuba said:
Hi Tajnuba

did you request the marriage certificate in Ontario ?
If yes, what reason did you give to expedite the request ? we applied for our certificate more than two weeks ago but can't find any record with Service Ontario yet. :(

we are running low on time and need to have our cert as soon as possible.

SNisha

Aug 16, 2015
browning911 said:
Since you are passed the four months for processing of OWP you should contact IRCC 1 888 242 2100 to inquire about why it is taking so long. Did you pay the OWP fee of CAD$255.00?
Yes, I did pay the fee.

Andddddd.... Today Feb 14th we received the OWP. Exact 4 months and 2 weeks after applying the PR & Work permit together.

Thanks for all your info guys.

We'll be now work towards getting TRV. I have 2 questions if anyone could update on them:-

1. How long does it take to get the TRV once you send the Passport?
2. Once TRV has arrived, can we travel outside canada? Is there any problem while re-entering back in Canada on TRV?

SNisha

Aug 16, 2015
Jeffuk88 said:
What reason did you give for it being rushed?

When we started with the application, we applied for the Marriage certificate with the rush service and it does work, I beleive we got it in about a week. You can sublit one application form stating you need it urgently for the immigration purpose(detailed reason). Our marriage officiant was helpful and she suggested we could go for rush service instead of regular one that takes about 4-5 weeks.

Carlvr88

Jan 19, 2017
Inland with OWP. Sent ours Feb 9th and waiting for whatever happens next. Not sure I want to join this thread, I might find out about all the things i did wrong! :eek:
Whats a normal amount of time to wait for a reply after sending the package?

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
SNisha said:
When we started with the application, we applied for the Marriage certificate with the rush service and it does work, I beleive we got it in about a week. You can sublit one application form stating you need it urgently for the immigration purpose(detailed reason). Our marriage officiant was helpful and she suggested we could go for rush service instead of regular one that takes about 4-5 weeks.
I didn't think immigration was a reasonable reason to them?