Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I believe its 4 months from the date IRCC received your application and not necessarily the AOR
^ Yep! The trend tends to be 3 - 4 months from when IRCC receives your application by mail, not when IRCC sends out AOR.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
So did you apply via spousal sponsorship or not??
Well yes, like everyone else on this forum I believe.

I did it via Common-Law.
I was also coming off an IEC program which might have been the reason why I got my OWP in 2 and a half months

Last edited:
Reactions: Will_PA

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
I received my AOR on September 15th, is this mean I will receive my OWP around 4 months after September 15th?
I don't really understand how they process the applications but it seems it can vary at every levels. I got told it's anywhere between 2 and 4 months. I was ready to wait for 4 months, glad and surprised it took less. I really hope they truly have more people processing so we can all get everything faster!

Reactions: MDch

rbobalex

Sep 26, 2017
Update!
I Applied in April,2017 and Gov, CIC received my file on 22nd of April. Submitted Background in May and Got OWP in June.
I got Medical Request on last Week and I got done at Panel Physician and submitted receipt to CIC.

I was wondering now how long it's gonna take for Sponsorship Approval (SA)???
Did March or April Applicant got SA already?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Update!
I Applied in April,2017 and Gov, CIC received my file on 22nd of April. Submitted Background in May and Got OWP in June.
I got Medical Request on last Week and I got done at Panel Physician and submitted receipt to CIC.

Feb applicant still waiting for SA or DM as the case may be

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Update!

Hey, I'm March here. I am waiting for February ones to start getting their SAs :) So far, I think there was just one case of a March Applicant to receive SA @KandyK

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Quick question about medicals:

-Any way I could do them or even just book it in advance, before they request it? I just got my OWP a couple of days ago and once they'll request the medicals I obviously wanna do them ASAP but am kind of scared it could take a while to book an appointment with a doctor then.

Once you guys received the medicals request, how long did it take you to submit them?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Quick question about medicals:

-Any way I could do them or even just book it in advance, before they request it? I just got my OWP a couple of days ago and once they'll request the medicals I obviously wanna do them ASAP but am kind of scared it could take a while to book an appointment with a doctor then.

Once you guys received the medicals request, how long did it take you to submit them?
you can check on the list of panel physicians in your area and call them one by one and ask who can accommodate you asap. some clinics are booked weeks ahead and some can accommodate you right away. so you really have to call.

mrshung

Nov 24, 2017
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I applied inland this year early Jan with my husband as my sponsor. When we applied, my agent has already asked us to get the police certificates from Canada (I have lived in Canada since 2014) and USA (I studied high school and university there), and I provided her these documents later on. Yesterday, my agent got a letter from CIC requesting a police certificate from Hong Kong (I was born and lived there for a while after university), and now I'm sending my application for it.

The thing is - my agent asked me to get the Canada & USA police certificates again now just in case CIC would ask for them later. On the letter from CIC, it says I need to provide "Police Certificate from (Hong Kong):...." but it didn't ask for Canada and USA. What is the chance do you think that CIC will ask for police certificates from Canada and USA again later as the one I submitted are already 11 months old?

Thank you all. Best of luck to your applications.

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I applied inland this year early Jan with my husband as my sponsor. When we applied, my agent has already asked us to get the police certificates from Canada (I have lived in Canada since 2014) and USA (I studied high school and university there), and I provided her these documents later on. Yesterday, my agent got a letter from CIC requesting a police certificate from Hong Kong (I was born and lived there for a while after university), and now I'm sending my application for it.

The thing is - my agent asked me to get the Canada & USA police certificates again now just in case CIC would ask for them later. On the letter from CIC, it says I need to provide "Police Certificate from (Hong Kong):...." but it didn't ask for Canada and USA. What is the chance do you think that CIC will ask for police certificates from Canada and USA again later as the one I submitted are already 11 months old?

Thank you all. Best of luck to your applications.
It doesn't hurt but seems like a waste of money.