Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Someone in the whatsapp group was able to link owp app using the option "family member of a foreign national who obtained a permanent residence through spouse or common law or something like that" (option 5). Instead of applied for permanent resident as spouse or common law.

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
1) That's right, you do not need to provide a Canadian PCC, regardless of how long you've lived here, because IRCC is able to perform a Canadian-relevant background check internally. Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

2) The issue is, IRCC provides updated information in the request letter they send you which contradicts the information you wrote here. In the request letter they say "Where you have spent most of your adult life" I believe they say this now as a vague statement so that you do not have to provide PCCs for countries where you've been going on and off for short vacations and haven't actually lived there properly. They say that if there's a country they need it from, they will ask you specifically. i.e You don't have to follow the 6 month rule as of right now. BUT, from a practical standpoint, it depends on the procedure and time I guess. If that country's PCC is extremely easy to obtain quickly, I would just add it in case. If it'll take a while, then you can go without it and see if they ask for it later.
Thank you s much for your reply.
So I guess I don't need to submit any PCC for now. Do I need to write anything to explain that or just leave it empty?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi, thanks a lot for keeping this forum so updated.
My application was received on Sep19, still waiting for AOR. But I am hopeful because I read they are working on Sep09 applications.

Do you know if they work during the weekends or can I only get the AOR during week days?

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone!
I've heard of people getting AORs on the weekends too, it's possible! Also, officially, IRCC now refers to days as calendar days and not business days anymore, so whenever they talk about days, it means any day. I know some of their departments work night shift and also weekend too. Like mailroom processing, sorting etc. Maybe once they scan it takes a while for the AOR to be automatically generated and sent out which might be like on a Saturday.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi Everyone, Happy Friday!

So I was able to link up the PR application and WP and also saw the request for SA and PC which were attached online soon after. My query is, even after sharing the attachment, the message still says "your action is required" but when I open it, it says the documents have been uploaded so is this normal or am I missing something here? Thank you for your help!

Yes, it is normal. You don't have to worry.

Reactions: hmk

ShannonP

Oct 2, 2017
Hi, when did you apply?
I'm in the same situation and I do not know what to do, I guess I'll wait to hear from CIC
I applied on September 25
I applied in August. And I just got the letter returning my OWP applicaiton on Tuesday. Honestly, It doesn't say much from the letter about what you should do next. It was a page long about why they returned my OWP apllication. I also submitted a EE PR application. so I am doing BOWP instead now, since my current OWP is goning to expire soon. Maybe try to call CIC and see if what you can do.

ShannonP

Oct 2, 2017
Hi ShannonP ! Thank you so much for replying. That makes me feel better. I was worried they would send my whole application back. Did you get your OWP back yet? How long did it take after you sent your OWP back did you get your OWP?
I totally get how you feel. they should've been more clear about the fees. And we are not along. I have seen quite a few people made that same mistake.

I also applied PR through EE, and my OWP is going to expire soon. So now I am doing BOWP instead. maybe try to call CIC and ask them what you can do.

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hi, thanks a lot for keeping this forum so updated.
My application was received on Sep19, still waiting for AOR. But I am hopeful because I read they are working on Sep09 applications.

Do you know if they work during the weekends or can I only get the AOR during week days?

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone!
It's pretty much 7 days a week. I saw people getting AOR on Saturdays and Sundays

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Is there anyone on here who has lived in canada and didnt get a canadian police check at the time of schedule A and police check request, and then got a request for it after??

If so how long after did they request it?

I am trying to work out of i need to do it in preparation.

Reactions: polar25

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
I totally get how you feel. they should've been more clear about the fees. And we are not along. I have seen quite a few people made that same mistake.

I also applied PR through EE, and my OWP is going to expire soon. So now I am doing BOWP instead. maybe try to call CIC and ask them what you can do.
Yeah I think I will do that. Thanks so much! And good luck!

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I read on another site that after the immigration plan was announced it came with extra bodies and employees to help the backlog and ramp up for the next phase of 300,000. So I will be watching this closely as I feel that AOR’s May start coming in an influx and that we will be getting ours in 4-6weeks instead of 6-8 weeks...

Our application was recieved October 16th via Canada post!

Reactions: marvz21

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Is there anyone on here who has lived in canada and didnt get a canadian police check at the time of schedule A and police check request, and then got a request for it after??

If so how long after did they request it?

I am trying to work out of i need to do it in preparation.
I got a Canadian PCC. You go and get your fingerprints done at an RCMP-Accredited Fingerprinting Agency, and they send it electronically to RCMP. In 3 days it is generated and mailed out, and you get it in your mail in about a week or so. So it doesn't take very long.
I sent it in with Schedule A because I didn't have any other PCC to provide.