+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

VarVarvara

Apr 16, 2017
Pearl1 said:
I am not sure if the reason for your previous file return was correct. only a proof of marriage registration is required (they do not accept signed licence copy).

we also submitted my spouse's application with the long form of marriage licence (ordered online) and our application confirmation has been received. We have received the AOR and file is under process.

Did your previous file reach this stage ?
I guess you're just lucky or maybe they didn't notice. The checklist says no marriage license will be accepted as a proof of marriage. We ordered online a certificate but maybe we didn't pay attention and it was actually the long form. I find everything on the immigration website either very confusing or not enough information, but I think I'm not the only one :)
anyway, after we re-submitted the application, we got the AOR so I assume everything is fine.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
haps22 said:
Hi! Fellow March 2017 applicant. So far only AOR with details of my husband's (sponsor) UCI and file number as well as my UCI and file number; emails received on April 8, 2017. No requests for Schedule A or Police Checks yet. Have you gotten any messages in your CIC account after the initial AOR?
Good luck with everything:)
Hi,

I got this on ECAS " We sent you correspondence on April 6, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required"
I did not received the correspondence , so I call CIC and they were requesting Schedule A and PC.

Good Luck!!!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VarVarvara said:
I guess you're just lucky or maybe they didn't notice. The checklist says no marriage license will be accepted as a proof of marriage. We ordered online a certificate but maybe we didn't pay attention and it was actually the long form. I find everything on the immigration website either very confusing or not enough information, but I think I'm not the only one :)
anyway, after we re-submitted the application, we got the AOR so I assume everything is fine.

hmmm, this sounds weird. the LONG FORM OF MARRIAGE REGISTRATION is accepted as a proof. we did submit it and got the AOR.

still don't understand why exactly was your initial application returned. but good luck for the new one. :D

VarVarvara

Apr 16, 2017
profiler said:
You have to apply again.

You can try to reach someone to notify of the passport renewal, so they can attach a message to the OWP application, but I don't think it will work. If you're trying that, call in as early as possible as soon as possible. If they haven't processed it, it may work out...

This is a common issue -- folks forget their travel passport expiry when they apply...you're not the first.
Thank you, profiler!
Well, I have 2 citizenship and both passports were expiring almost same time. I was aware of the fact they will expire, I just didn't know what I should do once I will get the new passport.
Ok, so I guess when I apply again for OWP it will take same time to get it, approx 4 months?!
I was hoping to get it soon, but I guess the waiting game will just get extended :)
What about my status? do I have to apply for Visa as soon as I get my passport?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did anyone apply for Canadian police clearance (fingerprint check with RCMP) yet ? how long does it take ?

we applied 17 days ago, and despite of processing time being 72 hours, we have not received any response yet. anyone else who has applied for it and received it in a shorter time frame ?

VarVarvara

Apr 16, 2017
Pearl1 said:
hmmm, this sounds weird. the LONG FORM OF MARRIAGE REGISTRATION is accepted as a proof. we did submit it and got the AOR.

still don't understand why exactly was your initial application returned. but good luck for the new one. :D
hi Pearl1,

it is weird, because that was the reason they returned my app but yours was accepted lol.
When they sent my app back, this particular thing was highlighted, that we didn't provide the right proof of marriage.
Is there anyone else on this forum who applied with the long form and got accepted?
haha thank you, best of luck to you, guys, too! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
VarVarvara said:
Thank you, profiler!
Well, I have 2 citizenship and both passports were expiring almost same time. I was aware of the fact they will expire, I just didn't know what I should do once I will get the new passport.
Ok, so I guess when I apply again for OWP it will take same time to get it, approx 4 months?!
I was hoping to get it soon, but I guess the waiting game will just get extended :)
What about my status? do I have to apply for Visa as soon as I get my passport?
If CIC tries to issue the OWP on the old passport, it will likely fail (they issue for the shortest of: passport validity end date - 1 month, or 2 years). So, if you are not able to reach them, or get a resolution on the use of a new PP instead when they issue the OWP, then you will need to immediately apply for the OWP again. As I am not sure when your visitor status runs out (when did you last enter Canada? Did you get an extension on your visitor status since you entered?), you should be aware that you can fix status troubles by:

- Extend your visitor status: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
OR
- Restore your status on the new OWP application (as long as you are out of status less than 90 days) by selecting the "Restore my status as a worker" option at the top of the first page of the application form. Include a $200 addition to the payment for restoration of status.

If you make the new OWP application before your present visitor status (assuming it's still valid), then don't try to restore your status.

VarVarvara

Apr 16, 2017
profiler said:
If CIC tries to issue the OWP on the old passport, it will likely fail (they issue for the shortest of: passport validity end date - 1 month, or 2 years). So, if you are not able to reach them, or get a resolution on the use of a new PP instead when they issue the OWP, then you will need to immediately apply for the OWP again. As I am not sure when your visitor status runs out (when did you last enter Canada? Did you get an extension on your visitor status since you entered?), you should be aware that you can fix status troubles by:

- Extend your visitor status:
OR
- Restore your status on the new OWP application (as long as you are out of status less than 90 days) by selecting the "Restore my status as a worker" option at the top of the first page of the application form. Include a $200 addition to the payment for restoration of status.

If you make the new OWP application before your present visitor status (assuming it's still valid), then don't try to restore your status.
Last time I entered Canada was in September and we did get an extension to my status at the end of February - we went to the borders and entered the country again. But even in this case, my status will be valid only till my passport is valid.
My passport will expire on May 10th 2017 and Visa expires on May 9th.
So, as soon as I get my renewed PP, which I hope will be in a week or 2, I will have to extend my visitor status, which is the 1st option you suggested, OR restore the status applying for the new OWP. Maybe it;s just better to wait till my visa expires and restore my status/apply for the new OWP at the same time?!
I am kinda confused :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
VarVarvara said:
Last time I entered Canada was in September and we did get an extension to my status at the end of February - we went to the borders and entered the country again. But even in this case, my status will be valid only till my passport is valid.
My passport will expire on May 10th 2017 and Visa expires on May 9th.
So, as soon as I get my renewed PP, which I hope will be in a week or 2, I will have to extend my visitor status, which is the 1st option you suggested, OR restore the status applying for the new OWP. Maybe it;s just better to wait till my visa expires and restore my status/apply for the new OWP at the same time?!
I am kinda confused :)
(re)apply for the OWP, and make sure that CIC's mailroom has the application for the OWP BEFORE May 9th. If you do this, you have implied status and no need to restore or extend.

VarVarvara

Apr 16, 2017
profiler said:
(re)apply for the OWP, and make sure that CIC's mailroom has the application for the OWP BEFORE May 9th. If you do this, you have implied status and no need to restore or extend.
ok, so just to re-apply for the OWP.
thank you once again, profiler for your time and help :)
best of luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
VarVarvara said:
ok, so just to re-apply for the OWP.
thank you once again, profiler for your time and help :)
best of luck!
You bet, and thanks, you as well. Our journey is finished -- just waiting for landing.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
You bet, and thanks, you as well. Our journey is finished -- just waiting for landing.
congrats..

my representative told me that for spousal cases you can do inland landing only. is that true ? or are you going to cross the border ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Pearl1 said:
congrats..

my representative told me that for spousal cases you can do inland landing only. is that true ? or are you going to cross the border ?
Thanks. We filed on our own. And yes, inland is landing at a CIC office only. That's where you get your COPR (and it's signed by the officer there). Outlands get a COPR in the mail, and they have to take it to a port of entry to have it signed.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VarVarvara said:
hi Pearl1,

it is weird, because that was the reason they returned my app but yours was accepted lol.
When they sent my app back, this particular thing was highlighted, that we didn't provide the right proof of marriage.
Is there anyone else on this forum who applied with the long form and got accepted?
haha thank you, best of luck to you, guys, too! :)
so this is what we ordered and submitted - Certified Copy of Statement of Marriage (Long Form 8.5” x 14”).

this certified copy was accepted and we got the AOR. now since I read your post, i am worried if we can be questioned during the processing.

did anyone here submit the application with "Certified Copy of Statement of Marriage (Long Form 8.5” x 14”)" ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Pearl1 said:
so this is what we ordered and submitted - Certified Copy of Statement of Marriage (Long Form 8.5” x 14”).

this certified copy was accepted and we got the AOR. now since I read your post, i am worried if we can be questioned during the processing.

did anyone here submit the application with "Certified Copy of Statement of Marriage (Long Form 8.5” x 14”)" ?
We submitted that. But not certified. A PDF of the original from the Registrar General of Ontario.