IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I wish I had cancelled my application and re-submitted 5 days later on Dec 7th, 2016.
And to everyone else still waiting too...

This type of thinking is wrong. Here is why:
- If you applied on or after December 7th, you'd still face the same problem everyone is facing -- Trumpugees. They have caused significant strain on the background and security check processes that are required by law to be completed.

- Even folks who applied after are not landing in 12 months. Most are 13+.

- It may be easy to lose sight of the fact that there is 1/2 million PR cases being processed by CIC every year. You see a handful from the forum or other messaging platforms. Literally there is ~100,000 Family Class PR applications in CIC's inventory at any given point in time. There is only so many people who work for CIC....

Have patience.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
And with that, I'm out everyone. Thanks for the memories -- it's been a slice.

Good luck to all those waiting!

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018

- If you applied on or after December 7th, you'd still face the same problem everyone is facing -- Trumpugees. They have caused significant strain on the background and security check processes that are required by law to be completed.

- It may be easy to lose sight of the fact that there is 1/2 million PR cases being processed by CIC every year. You see a handful from the forum or other messaging platforms. Literally there is ~100,000 Family Class PR applications in CIC's inventory at any given point in time. There is only so many people who work for CIC....

Have patience.

I do understand that we need to have patience.

I just cannot understand how people that are around my timeline got stuck on background check considering the fact that Trumpugees keep coming constantly throughout the years. They weren't just coming October-December 2016. To me, everyone would have been hurt by long processing times but this is not what I see.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018

Thank you, profiler, for all your help. You helped a lot of people on this forum! I wish you good luck on your life journey with your family.

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017

Have patience.
I agree, patience is the key here.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and helping everyone out here!

Wishing you the best for your journey ahead.

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hello profiler,
Today i went thrue relationship intervew and so far its good. The officer keep on intervewing us for 4 consecutive hrs. Somehow she is a kind of serious and fault finder ,like she asks about my refugee hearing and make sure i don get married to get status in canada but she seem good person. She said she will send me her decision on mail.
I hope its positive.
I would like to say thank you profiler for undesrved help and guidance.

rhapsodyy

Apr 18, 2017
I don't understand why they haven't started your sponsor side yet when people from July 2017 got DM already. That seems so unfair. Just because we applied right before December 7th now we are basically at the end of the line. I don't understand how an application from Dec 2/16 can take longer than an application from Jan 2/17 (assuming that both applications have no issues).

I called them a couple of times and was told that they are doing a background check. When did you receive the notes?
Yeah, it's frustrating, but I guess all we can really do is wait unfortunately. Received the notes earlier this week.

zain1291

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Hello profiler,
Today i went thrue relationship intervew and so far its good. The officer keep on intervewing us for 4 consecutive hrs. Somehow she is a kind of serious and fault finder ,like she asks about my refugee hearing and make sure i don get married to get status in canada but she seem good person. She said she will send me her decision on mail.
I hope its positive.
I would like to say thank you profiler for undesrved help and guidance.

Hey, i had my interview today at etobicoke as well (9am). It went pretty fast, i was actually done in less than an hour and the officer said everything looks ok to me by end. FYI- I had problems with my marriage certificate from india. My nikah namah wasnt registered. So cic called me an year later stating i submitted invalid cert. I explained ill try to get it done from india. But instead what i did was got remarried here in court (toronto) and submitted the new marriage cert. So the officer just wanted to clarify this wasnt staged. He was very nice and friendly, myself being in IT he even went to the extend of talking about these outsourcing internet providers lol.

The best part... in less than 12 hours i received the email on mycic

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class. Please note that a
final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for
you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are
not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until
you and all your family members have met these requirements. Please refer to the attached
correspondence for further information on the additional requirements.

I had already submitted my medical and criminal checks (fingerprints) last year so hopefully next will be landing interview.

My timeline:
Appl received: 2016 April
Medical: May 2017
Fingerprint: june 2017
Marriage cert call: september 2017
Transfer to local: november 2017
Interview spousal: June 2018
Eligibility: june 2018

Goodluck hope u hear back soon.

Zain

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017

I hate to see you go, your a awesome Guy who has helped many on here, including me.. Thank you my Friend and I do consider you a Friend !!!

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
hello @profiler
i am july 11, 2017 . i received SA last night and this morning ecas sponsership side changed to DM. and pr side still in process buy they ad a third line saying we start processing ur app on june 7, 2018. but i did not received AIP. my cic account this morning to we reviwing if yoy meet the eligibility. my question is i saw all pepople receive SA and AIP ? i dont know what is wrong .
thank u in advanced

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I am applying for an OWP. In the guide it is mentioned that the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409) must be notarized to be valid. I dont remember anyone here mentioning that they notarized this form. Do I have to notarize it?

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I am applying for an OWP. In the guide it is mentioned that the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409) must be notarized to be valid. I dont remember anyone here mentioning that they notarized this form. Do I have to notarize it?
Yes! commissionaire of oath is valid too and cost cheaper than a notary,I paid 5$ for it

Reactions: DariaZ

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Yes! commissionaire of oath is valid too and cost cheaper than a notary,I paid 5$ for it
Are you in Ontario? Do you know if they stamp the IMM form from CIC or there is another form they have. I remember when I had to go there one time, I had to use their legal size paper.

Also we have sent the declaration whenever we applied for sponsorship, do I have to give CIC the same copy from December 2016 (and notarize that old copy) for OWP or we can sign let's say today's date?