Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Anyone happen to know the time limit to bring your personal household items into Canada after becoming a PR and not have to pay tax and Duty fees?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Anyone happen to know the time limit to bring your personal household items into Canada after becoming a PR and not have to pay tax and Duty fees?
Can't says I do. My wife had her stuff shipped in smaller boxes by her parents to me. Most of her kit, she was leaving in Moscow anyway.

Did you ask CIC about "Goods to follow" (I think I suggested that?)?

I have heard you cannot from inland.... but if you could, it will likely be:
https://discuss.settlement.org/topic41902-time-limit-to-bring-items-on-goods-to-follow-form.aspx

And

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/i-am-immigrating-to-canada-how-do-i-bring-my-belongings-with-me/

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Can't says I do. My wife had her stuff shipped in smaller boxes by her parents to me. Most of her kit, she was leaving in Moscow anyway.

Did you ask CIC about "Goods to follow" (I think I suggested that?)?

I have heard you cannot from inland.... but if you could, it will likely be:
https://discuss.settlement.org/topic41902-time-limit-to-bring-items-on-goods-to-follow-form.aspx

And

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/landing-in-canada/i-am-immigrating-to-canada-how-do-i-bring-my-belongings-with-me/
Yes I asked, she said it was free of Tax and Duty for a limited length of time , but had no idea how long..... ill click those 2 links,,, thanks Sir

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes I asked, she said it was free of Tax and Duty for a limited length of time , but had no idea how long..... ill click those 2 links,,, thanks Sir
mmmkay

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I am thinking she was referring to my wife being a returning Canadian Citizen,, I think im screwed,,, man no matter what ya do its a pain
Call the info line for CBSA. Tell them you landed as an inland PR and you want to import your possessions..

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Call the info line for CBSA. Tell them you landed as an inland PR and you want to import your possessions..
Hello both,
I'm glad profiler is still active
Congratulations WOLFHAWK. I'm a 2017 applicant and I have the same question in mind. Could you please share the answer once you get it.
Thank you

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
any one here from July 2016 still?
application on process since July 24,2016.....on sponsor side it shows in process / in process
done the medical on may 2017 and file was transferred to etobicoke on October 2017 for further processing
applicant(sister) was a refugee claimant for 8 years so we weren't able to submit police record for her from home country/letter of explanation sent!!
since October 2017 no movement on her file

Can some one shed some light on this?

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Folks, I need some perspectives as to how we should proceed in regard to recent communications from IRCC.
I am a Canadian citizen currently working outside of Canada. I am sponsoring my wife, who currently works in Canada (after finishing her studies).
My wife received a communication from IRCC to provide proof of relationship/cohabitation, which is what spooking me. Are they looking for proof of cohabitation or proof of relationship? I have also received communication from IRCC to provide updated address, tax info etc.

I thought it is not necessary for Canadian citizens to co-habit with his/her spouse in order to process spousal sponsorship application. Is my understanding correct?

Any suggestion/info on how to address these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Folks, I need some perspectives as to how we should proceed in regard to recent communications from IRCC.
I am a Canadian citizen currently working outside of Canada. I am sponsoring my wife, who currently works in Canada (after finishing her studies).
My wife received a communication from IRCC to provide proof of relationship/cohabitation, which is what spooking me. Are they looking for proof of cohabitation or proof of relationship? I have also received communication from IRCC to provide updated address, tax info etc.

I thought it is not necessary for Canadian citizens to co-habit with his/her spouse in order to process spousal sponsorship application. Is my understanding correct?

Any suggestion/info on how to address these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
They want both. This should be easy to do. Prove you live with your wife when you return to Canada. Lease/Deed to property or apartment with a civic address attached to it. Then you can use bills that either of you get (or any correspondence really). Statements of account from a doctor/dentists office, a vet perhaps? Anything that can show you both have a life attached to that address.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Thanks profiler for your quick reply!
The problem is that I'm not her current rental lease nor we have any joint bank accounts (we should have thought about it beforehand). However, we visit each other almost every month and have pictures, air tickets etc. Will these be enough?
I am concerned that we don't have genuine proof of cohabitation, because we don't currently live together. But we can provide other documentations to show that our marital relationship is still valid and ongoing.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
I found one of my bank accounts has her Canadian address on the recent statements, I guess this should help?