Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello @profiler ,

I went to the MP office last Tuesday and today I received an email from the MP office.

"CC confirmed that Criminality and Security assessments are in progress on the file.The Eligibility review was started on March 1st and an update on the Eligibility is expected at some point this month. They mentioned the Eligibility assessment includes review of a non-accompanying child. "

Can you help me to understand this..?
ECAS (In Process / In Process)

Thanks in advance!
It means they're likely delayed because the overseas non-accompanying child. It should be done quickly after.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
Hi profiler. I’m Oct/16, I got AIP four months ago, medical passed, criminality passed but security still in progress. Do you have any idea how long this security screening takes? I don’t understand why this process is taking too long. Cic hasn’t asked for any additional documents. I have no dependents, not many trips. Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi profiler. I’m Oct/16, I got AIP four months ago, medical passed, criminality passed but security still in progress. Do you have any idea how long this security screening takes? I don’t understand why this process is taking too long. Cic hasn’t asked for any additional documents. I have no dependents, not many trips. Thanks
Minutes to 6 months. It doesn't have to be anything to do with the details of the case that can slow things down. Trouble with communications with the countries you've lived in can cause it. They also assess your whole immediate family for admissibility at the same time. So, that could be the delay. It can also be caused by the tens-of-thousands of Trumpugees that crossed the border...who knows?

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
Minutes to 6 months. It doesn't have to be anything to do with the details of the case that can slow things down. Trouble with communications with the countries you've lived in can cause it. They also assess your whole immediate family for admissibility at the same time. So, that could be the delay. It can also be caused by the tens-of-thousands of Trumpugees that crossed the border...who knows?
Hahaha I like the term “Trumpugees”. Thanks profiler!!!

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Dear friends
Today I received my PR card.thank you all of you especially mr profiler I hope everyone will be fine
See you after 2 years in the citizenship forum
Congrats! Just remember to track your time in and out of Canada using the physical presence calculator (free CIC tool online). It will save you the headache later of justifying your time in/out of Canada

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
Hello there, my husband just had his landing interview. For those who are waiting for an interview, it took us 4 weeks after the decision made letter to receive a landing interview.
He landed in Etobicoke office.

Quick tip: when you arrive there, they give you a number and you wait to be called. There are many people waiting. Even if on the letter says a specific time, if you get there earlier its perfectly fine because is on the base first come first serve. Just like when you go to those government buildings and you wait your number to be called.

Good luck everybody

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hello there, my husband just had his landing interview. For those who are waiting for an interview, it took us 4 weeks after the decision made letter to receive a landing interview.
He landed in Etobicoke office.

Quick tip: when you arrive there, they give you a number and you wait to be called. There are many people waiting. Even if on the letter says a specific time, if you get there earlier its perfectly fine because is on the base first come first serve. Just like when you go to those government buildings and you wait your number to be called.

Good luck everybody
I will be going to the same office, when I Google a satellite image the place is huge,, I have to walk with a cane did you notice any handicap parking ? where do you go in at.. Side closest to the big parking lot?? is it easy to find ?... Thanks and Congrats to you guys

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
:|

Should they just give it to you immediately? Then you decide to move to another province before that 3 months? With an OWP and an employer letter, they will waive some or all of the wait... That's about proving where you reside...
Yep they told me since I had a OWP if id had a FULL time job I would have Got OHIP almost immediately As long as your working FULL time it becomes much easier...

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Remain in Ontario for 5 of the first 6 months after you apply.

Bring your DM and AIP letters. With just AIP, they may only start a temp account.

Also, make sure Barrie is a "full service" Service Ontario location. Only "full service" locations can open new OHIP accounts. We encountered an office that does DL's, vehicle registrations, etc. We were directed to another local office that was "full service". I think you can call ahead to ask...
Yep down by downtown Barrie lake Simcoe that office is full service, I had to really push for them to sign me up,, The DM letter says (your have met the requirements to APPLY for Pr)) That word APPLY was like a anchor,,, they wanted to say I had not applied yet,, took them 3 phone calls, Our rental lease my OWP and power bill to finally hear her say ok we will sign you up... I have no idea what you mean by temp account,, they said nothing about any certain types of accounts,, other than ill get my card around the 8th of Aug. and gave me a conformation letter....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yep down by downtown Barrie lake Simcoe that office is full service, I had to really push for them to sign me up,, The DM letter says (your have met the requirements to APPLY for Pr)) That word APPLY was like a anchor,,, they wanted to say I had not applied yet,, took them 3 phone calls, Our rental lease my OWP and power bill to finally hear her say ok we will sign you up... I have no idea what you mean by temp account,, they said nothing about any certain types of accounts,, other than ill get my card around the 8th of Aug. and gave me a conformation letter....
PR is permanent. OWP/WP is temporary. Make sure the expiry is 5 years when your card comes. If not, bring your COPR into the office to correct it.

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
I will be going to the same office, when I Google a satellite image the place is huge,, I have to walk with a cane did you notice any handicap parking ? where do you go in at.. Side closest to the big parking lot?? is it easy to find ?... Thanks and Congrats to you guys
Hey There, yes the building is huge but don't worry. The parking is underground and yes there is handicap parking. Once you take the elevator and you exit on the ground floor you will be right where you are supposed to go! You will see a room full of people who are waiting. This will be the place.
Good luck and don't worry. The process is pretty straight forward.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK