CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
What's going on?
Nothing really,, just sitting here waiting so very Patiently (wink) ,,, I need to stop reading post by others,, I see where some applied after us and have Git SA and AIP,, so its like to CIC hey yall IM OVER HERE cant ya see me ? lol

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Nothing really,, just sitting here waiting so very Patiently (wink) ,,, I need to stop reading post by others,, I see where some applied after us and have Git SA and AIP,, so its like to CIC hey yall IM OVER HERE cant ya see me ? lol
You have kids in the US, ya? If so, that is the delay. They process their backgrounds as well (in case you are to sponsor them later.. I know unrealistic..but it's policy to clear them for any other visas).

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
You have kids in the US, ya? If so, that is the delay. They process their backgrounds as well (in case you are to sponsor them later.. I know unrealistic..but it's policy to clear them for any other visas).
Nope No children,, they are all grown up and happy in Fl or Ga,,, not even on our Application

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Nope No children,, they are all grown up and happy in Fl or Ga,,, not even on our Application
They still assess them. Regardless of being on the app or not.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
oh really ? that's a huge waste of time,, and I have plenty for them to check out ll
They do it in the context of your app. That way, they're already preassessed any time they seem to visit or stay.

Could save time later.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
They do it in the context of your app. That way, they're already preassessed any time they seem to visit or stay.

Could save time later.
I remember I had to fill a Page about my family so did Fran when we wee doing The applicaton,, we had to put all 17 kids on it with B-dates and where they live,,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I remember I had to fill a Page about my family so did Fran when we wee doing The applicaton,, we had to put all 17 kids on it with B-dates and where they live,,
Yup. It takes time now. But citizenship is dead simple.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
after PR like in the states is there a waiting period if you want your Canadian citizenship??, its 5 years in the states if your not marrried
1095 days in Canada, and your days in Canada as a Visitor, Worker, Student; so pre-PR; all count as 1/2 days to a max of 365. When My wife landed on May 5th last year, she would be eligible for citizenship on May 9th 2019. Just saying :).

The citizenship paperwork....is 6 pages. Mostly true/false questions. Some short answer -- like your name. A 12 month processing time, and you must free 630 oppressed Canadian dollars from your wallet for the application, and 100 for "Right of Citizenship" fee.

At the end, you will be given the "decision" (unless they need more proof of your residency times in Canada) and told a date and time to attend for swearing in. There is a 20 question multiple choice test that you must get 75% (15/20) right. It is usually written, but CIC can chose to conduct an oral test if they wish..

EDIT: They have a quick quiz to see if you can apply. It says that my wife "May be eligible to apply" now. But I know that with the 1/2 rule it's another 380 days or so.
Quiz: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/check-eligibility.asp

Physical Presence Calculator (for those interested): https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

Last edited:

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hi there, I am an early December 2016 applicant. I have been trying to reach IRCC to find out the status of my application for months. Every time I call them, an automatic voice of some lady just doesn't let me speak to alife person. I noticed that there are some people on this forume that actually manage to reach someone on the IRCC side.
Could you share what kind of magic you use to get through this nasty automated woman and get more information about your applications. I am starting to worry as I hear people are getting their applications sorted out from the end of November to beginning of December of 2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello, June 2016 applicant.
Got a decision made and landing interview. After the long wait, it’s finally over. All the best to those who are still waiting and hope you hear something positive real soon.
Congrats.

Reactions: Mr U

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
I recently received an update saying I was all clear for a landing interview. How long does it usually take them to contact you regarding a landing interview time?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I recently received an update saying I was all clear for a landing interview. How long does it usually take them to contact you regarding a landing interview time?

Depends on the landing office. It can be an hour, or 11 weeks.