+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Well, if it was inland, and she's not inside Canada, it would be refused.

Canada's the second largest country in terms of territory size in the world. CIC isn't tracking where applicants are. They will know by querying passports if the person may still be in Canada. But, there is no magic beacon that people have to carry....

With that in mind, it is up to you to complete the appropriate application package and submit with details whether the applicant is residing in Canada or not.

What did you tell CIC? What does your AOR letter, or any response from them at all say? I cannot comment further, since I didn't complete the application or receive any mail regarding it. Sorry about that..
they approved my sponsor request and now in process for her (its in process for her since 2 weeks)
she cant come to canada shes from venezuela and twice we asked the tourist visa and was refused
AOR June 9th
we did our file with a lawyer
can we talk in private ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
new update :

they transfered the file in bogota office for the visa

good news ? anybody with a timeline ?
If your file was transferred to an office outside of Canada, that means for absolute certainty you applied outland. Inland PR's are handled by CPC's and local CIC offices only.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
If your file was transferred to an office outside of Canada, that means for absolute certainty you applied outland. Inland PR's are handled by CPC's and local CIC offices only.
I know now but before every file they asked pcc and medical was transfered to mississuaga office

good news you think now ? any timeline ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I know now but before every file they asked pcc and medical was transfered to mississuaga office

good news you think now ? any timeline ?
Every file is sent to CPC-M, irrespective of inland or outland. It's their job to pre-screen and determine which files they have enough detail on to start processing. Inlands remain at CPC-M unless they are transferred inland for review/interview. Outland is transferred once SA has been reached.

It's 'good news' that there is movement. Absolutely impossible to nail down a time line.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Every file is sent to CPC-M, irrespective of inland or outland. It's their job to pre-screen and determine which files they have enough detail on to start processing. Inlands remain at CPC-M unless they are transferred inland for review/interview. Outland is transferred once SA has been reached.

It's 'good news' that there is movement. Absolutely impossible to nail down a time line.
ok i understand we will see they just asked us a proof of legal statut in the country for one year

I hope after this its done no more thing.....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ok i understand we will see they just asked us a proof of legal statut in the country for one year

I hope after this its done no more thing.....
If they have all the information they need, you won't hear from them at all, until it's done. In my wife's case, the information vacuum was soo loud (to me), that I kept submitting more proofs (images, proofs of bills and mail coming in her name, etc).

We didn't hear anything until they asked for her to redo her medical, and 3 days after they received it, a landing invitation.

This is the reason I don't like immi lawyers/consultants. It's totally possible to submit all of what's required. Why don't they do that? Well, it could be the client doesn't have the proofs, or doesn't want to hand them over....OR that the lawyer/consultant is making work for themselves later.

Either way...

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
If they have all the information they need, you won't hear from them at all, until it's done. In my wife's case, the information vacuum was soo loud (to me), that I kept submitting more proofs (images, proofs of bills and mail coming in her name, etc).

We didn't hear anything until they asked for her to redo her medical, and 3 days after they received it, a landing invitation.

This is the reason I don't like immi lawyers/consultants. It's totally possible to submit all of what's required. Why don't they do that? Well, it could be the client doesn't have the proofs, or doesn't want to hand them over....OR that the lawyer/consultant is making work for themselves later.

Either way...
I understand after they knew she was in colombia when they asked us the background 2 months ago and we paid since long time the lawyer he didnt ask us more so I just hope its over after this .....

thanks profiler to always take the time to answer us

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I am a September 2016 applicant. I called CIC today, and was told my file is in process in Etobicoke office now. I am not living in that city. Does anyone know what does that office do? Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys,

I am a September 2016 applicant. I called CIC today, and was told my file is in process in Etobicoke office now. I am not living in that city. Does anyone know what does that office do? Thanks.

Local CIC offices are assigned based on the radius from the postal code you gave for your address. ItsI the closest office to you.

That is a full service office, like most. They do interviews, refugee claims, etc.

ChanChan

Mar 26, 2018
Local CIC offices are assigned based on the radius from the postal code you gave for your address. ItsI the closest office to you.

That is a full service office, like most. They do interviews, refugee claims, etc.
Thanks for quick response.

That is absolutely not the closet office for me. I searched that online, that is in west side of Ontario and I am living in south Ontario. I would say Mississauga office is much closer. My file was transferred from Mississauga to local office, and now Etobicoke...I am a little confused...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for quick response.

That is absolutely not the closet office for me. I searched that online, that is in west side of Ontario and I am living in south Ontario. I would say Mississauga office is much closer. My file was transferred from Mississauga to local office, and now Etobicoke...I am a little confused...
Mississauga is not an office. It's a Case Processing Centre (CPC).

The public cannot visit.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.