Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler
I was called by Cbsa becos out of status and my sponsorship file is in process since 2017 nov. I talked to u before . Cbsa said we can push cic to speed up process in 60 days but only if I don’t apply for risk assessment thing. And my lawyer said we will apply for pre risk assessment thing it will buy us 6 more months. 60 days nothing to get result . It’s confusing but I hope one day my story will help others. What m going through now
CBSA will defer using an administrative deferral to get CIC to speed your case up. That's what they mean, I believe...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So what the purpose to apply for pre risk assessment then it’s little confusing
No idea.. did you have a refugee claim or asylum request in?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
@profiler
I was called by Cbsa becos out of status and my sponsorship file is in process since 2017 nov. I talked to u before . Cbsa said we can push cic to speed up process in 60 days but only if I don’t apply for risk assessment thing. And my lawyer said we will apply for pre risk assessment thing it will buy us 6 more months. 60 days nothing to get result . It’s confusing but I hope one day my story will help others. What m going through now
ok so now i understand what u were telling me in the other thread. And this is what i meant when I said cbsa can request ur app be processed faster. but I don't understand why a lawyer wouldn't want that. chances of being approved for PRRA are slim anyways and ur ultimate goal us to get sponsorship approval , so wouldn't speeding up application be better ? I'm only asking cuz we r in same situation and I'm trying to understand myself

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
ok so now i understand what u were telling me in the other thread. And this is what i meant when I said cbsa can request ur app be processed faster. but I don't understand why a lawyer wouldn't want that. chances of being approved for PRRA are slim anyways and ur ultimate goal us to get sponsorship approval , so wouldn't speeding up application be better ? I'm only asking cuz we r in same situation and I'm trying to understand myself
Yes this is what I understood too but my lawyer wants more time he said cic is not bound to give result in 60 days

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Dec 2, 2016 applicants here.
My wife received a letter that her OWP was approved on April 11, she was out of status since Nov’16.
They also sent new approved ETA even thou she did not apply for one and her old one was still valid. On ECAS there are no changed - Sponsorship is “in process”

Bahamaboy

Mar 6, 2018
Hi,

Seems CIC is speeding up a bit.
My PR card application have been received on february 28, yesterday received an update throught MyCIC saying that it has been approved then I received the card on the mail today April 5th so took 36 days !!

I am totally done with this journey.
My best wishes for all that still waiting.
Nov 2016 applicant
Approved:Feb 15 2018
Landing in fredricton:feb 28 2018
PR card arrived April 9 2018
Less then 60 days but I'm happy!
Too all still in process ...keep your head and fingers cross...patience is #1 key

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi,

I’m having a landing interview next week. Just a quick question, does my sponsor need to bring 2 photographs ?

Thank you in advance :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Nov 2016 applicant
Approved:Feb 15 2018
Landing in fredricton:feb 28 2018
PR card arrived April 9 2018
Less then 60 days but I'm happy!
Too all still in process ...keep your head and fingers cross...patience is #1 key
Congrats!

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
Looks like I'll be having my interview soon! It's been quite a wait since November 2016, but I'm glad the moment is finally about to arrive.

One thing that occurred to me is that when I submitted my documents initially my wife was pregnant with our son. We submitted all the correct paperwork for that. When I called up CIC after his birth they said I didn't need to do anything because he was born in Canada. Is this correct? Upon reading the letter I received today it seems to suggest I should have notified CIC regarding the matter.

Reactions: dprince20

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Looks like I'll be having my interview soon! It's been quite a wait since November 2016, but I'm glad the moment is finally about to arrive.

One thing that occurred to me is that when I submitted my documents initially my wife was pregnant with our son. We submitted all the correct paperwork for that. When I called up CIC after his birth they said I didn't need to do anything because he was born in Canada. Is this correct? Upon reading the letter I received today it seems to suggest I should have notified CIC regarding the matter.
Any child born in Canada immediately has Canadian citizenship. So, yes, it's correct. As long as they knew of the birth (it's a dependent of yours), that's all that matters. For that, an updated IMM 0008 and birth certificate is enough. If you didn't submit that, it's a bit late to worry now. Bring it with you when you land, and explain you had spoken with the call centre.

dprince20

Apr 28, 2016

Congrats Looks like Nov seems to be moving; when did you apply?