+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

snowcat0116

Mar 29, 2018
@profiler I have been checking ECAS everyday since last post (last friday); however, nothing has been updated. Again, I called IRCC to confirm my status because the automatic machine told me I got approved but the ECAS was same as before.
The rep told me my application looking great and both my sponsor and I passed eligibility, but not yet made a decision for landing.
She could not specifically tell me which background check has not been done yet, but it should be done shortly.
I do not know which one is holding back my application.
Would it be criminality since they requested FBI background check?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler I have been checking ECAS everyday since last post (last friday); however, nothing has been updated. Again, I called IRCC to confirm my status because the automatic machine told me I got approved but the ECAS was same as before.
The rep told me my application looking great and both my sponsor and I passed eligibility, but not yet made a decision for landing.
She could not specifically tell me which background check has not been done yet, but it should be done shortly.
I do not know which one is holding back my application.
Would it be criminality since they requested FBI background check?
Did you submit the FBI clearance? It's security, and it's been requested of CSIS from the CBSA on behalf of CIC. It will take 3-6 months to complete from the day it starts. I cannot tell you when it started. You can order your GCMS notes to find out when it started...but that will likely take a month to get.

snowcat0116

Mar 29, 2018
Did you submit the FBI clearance? It's security, and it's been requested of CSIS from the CBSA on behalf of CIC. It will take 3-6 months to complete from the day it starts. I cannot tell you when it started. You can order your GCMS notes to find out when it started...but that will likely take a month to get.
I did send the FBI clearance on Mar 2nd.
in your opinion, would the check started before mar 2nd or after?
Also, I tried to order GCMS notes but I could not figure out how to order. Could you help me on this?

Last edited:

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Just got an email from cic that open work permit application has a new message. It reads: “your application to stay in canada as a temporary resident has been approved. Your permit has been mailed”
My wife who applied on Dec2,16 was out of status and her ecas still has “in process” on sponsor side.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
@profiler
Hi profiler. I felt like to share with you I got call from Cbsa removal officer today after I had my interview with them in March and she told me to do pre risk assemment and if I don’t do that then they gonna give cic 60 days to expedite my file. Let see what my lawyer suggest. If my file get negative result then they gonna remove me. I am so worried now this Cbsa thing is stressing.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler
Hi profiler. I felt like to share with you I got call from Cbsa removal officer today after I had my interview with them in March and she told me to do pre risk assemment and if I don’t do that then they gonna give cic 60 days to expedite my file. Let see what my lawyer suggest. If my file get negative result then they gonna remove me. I am so worried now this Cbsa thing is stressing.

Sorry, remind me of your situation?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I did send the FBI clearance on Mar 2nd.
in your opinion, would the check started before mar 2nd or after?
Also, I tried to order GCMS notes but I could not figure out how to order. Could you help me on this?

Sure, shoot me a PM about it, and when I am home, I will give you steps.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just got an email from cic that open work permit application has a new message. It reads: “your application to stay in canada as a temporary resident has been approved. Your permit has been mailed”
My wife who applied on Dec2,16 was out of status and her ecas still has “in process” on sponsor side.
That's AIP. Congrats

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: goteborg

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
wow and here I am complaining about the same thing we applied Feb 2017 and wife still has not got SA... good luck to you!
Now now. Don't make me bust out the cranky...

Relax. It's coming.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
@profiler
I was called by Cbsa becos out of status and my sponsorship file is in process since 2017 nov. I talked to u before . Cbsa said we can push cic to speed up process in 60 days but only if I don’t apply for risk assessment thing. And my lawyer said we will apply for pre risk assessment thing it will buy us 6 more months. 60 days nothing to get result . It’s confusing but I hope one day my story will help others. What m going through now

Last edited: