+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Finally Landed at Etobicoke office on 02-Mar-2018,
Application received June 27, 2016
started processing application on July 14, 2016.
Sponsorship Application Status updated to decision made on June 23, 2017
Decision made on January 26, 2018, Interview request came on 26-Feb-2018 and on 02-Mar-2018 interview done.
There was one twist i would like to share with you. We already booked vacation outside Canada from 02-Feb-2018 to 27-Feb-2018 and on 26-Jan-2018 we received email for decision made and they will going to schedule interview soon. We generate one IRCC web from and informed them that we are going on vacation so schedule our interview after 27-Feb-2018 and guess what they schedule after that only.
Also there was no issue while traveling back, people might comment now that it was your fortune and bla bla bla but honestly as far you have valid work permit and multiple entry visa they are not stopping you at the airport regardless you put file spouse in Canada.
Anywayz i would like to share this info for the friends who wants to travel outside Canada.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The last update here.
Got a letter about scheduling a phone interview on Jan 23rd
The interview was scheduled on Feb 14th
They just asked if I committed any crimes, confirmed the entrance dates and dependants . Asked the sponsor if he understands the conditions of sponsoring a spouse. Then they ask you to sign the form that they emailed me .
I had to mail the form along with 2 pictures to Etobicoke. They received it Feb 20 and that's when I got another update that I became a PR on Feb 20 in Etobicoke. Now my application changed from DM to complete. Hurray.
They said the PR card usually takes up to 2 months to arrive.

Can't believe it's over. It's surreal !
P.S. Aug applicant .
so in total it took me 18 months . But my own fault that I didn't update my phone numbers with them, otherwise I could have done it sooner. but on the other side I became a PR on my anniversary with my husband. A magical date!
And I had the phone interview on Valentine's day. Ha
So the form that you received in email, is that the CoPR ?

Do they return this signed form back to you ? How do you get your CoPR with a telephone interview ?

ferrod

Nov 6, 2017
So the form that you received in email, is that the CoPR ?

Do they return this signed form back to you ? How do you get your CoPR with a telephone interview ?
I had the same case, and they email you the CoPR. You have to print 2 copies and send them initialed and signed after the phone interview. As soon as they receive it they sign it, correct any mistakes on the form that were discussed on the interview and send it back to you within the same day.

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
profiler
Yeah, I am a PR now. The thing is during my landing interview, there was something wrong with Foss so I didn't get COPR. I linked the PR card application said it is submitted today and under applicant says primary. Any idea when would i get PR card? 2 months after today or Feb 1st
Hello all,
Hi Lily44,
I saw that you succeeded in linking your PR card application to your account.
I have been trying to do that for days with no succes, keep saying we do not found your application.

Any tips to make it work ?

Thanks

Last edited:

HGGSS

Mar 6, 2018
Hello there, I have a question I hope somebody can help me out. I am sponsoring my husband (NOV 2016inland application). Last week we received a pre arrival letter and we got a decision made on sponsorship side and in progress under PR application. No SA/AIP. What does this mean.
Thank you

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hi everyone,, I Have a Question,,

CIC sent my wife an email requesting 2 letters to be sent in and to use that IRCC WEBFORM site,, Can we send both together ? and SHOULD we write our Application Number and the UCI number somewhere on each letter ??.. thanks for any help in this matter !!!

Hiya Profiler my OLD buddy lol How are ya ?

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
This message is directed at people who have already been through the process and have received their PR card
I have planned a trip to be taken just after the 2 month mark and was wondering if people were able to share with me how long it took to get your card in the mail? Please only positive answers allowed haha trying to keep my spirits up here!

Reactions: abcdmud

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,

Best of luck to you in all you endeavors.

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- My husband received a letter stating that he's eligible to sponsor;
- After months I received my open work permit;
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Good afternoon everyone,

Best of luck to you in all you endeavors.

Please advice as best as you can with whats the hell is on going on with my application.

- My application was received on April, 2017 (Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship with OWP) - (I was out of status);
- My husband received a letter stating that he's eligible to sponsor;
- After months I received my open work permit;
- I later received a letter that my file was transferred from CIC Mississaugs to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment;
- A week ago I received a call from CIC Etobicoke asking to verify information about my relationship with my husband, his family, family, our future together, etc.;
- The next day I received a letter stating that I am eligible to apply as a permanent residence and I need to medical examinations for myself and any other family members that stated in the application (these documents was submitted with the application and I had to redo the medical examination in November as it was expired) - My online status says that my application started processing in date provided;
- I called CIC and the automated voice (never get to talk to a live person) says that my background check is currently in process, I do not need an interview, I passed my medical examination, they will contact me if additional information is required.

Can someone please explain to me what going on with my application? What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance!

I know how you feel, I know they don't get in any hurry to do anything,, We mailed all our stuff to CIC last March 2017.. processing started March17 2017 We are just now seeing that they just started processing my Application for inland PR in Feb 2018 and my wife who is my sponsor is still waiting for approval and we just sent more Documentation for her to CIC.. and I thought this was all suppose to be done now within a 1 year time limit...

Can I ask what number you called to get the automated voice with all your case info??.. I tried calling and there are so many prompts I got lost lol

GOODLUCK to yall ,, They people here are very very helpful, Profiler is like the KING of information... Just be patient with CIC ,, they say all good things come to those who wait ,, yeah ok im tired of waiting lol

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I wanted to ask,,, when you upload Documents thru the IRCC WEBFORM, how do you know 100% that they received the documents..?? Can you look some where to see if they did ??

Thanks again !!

GOODLUCK to you all !!

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi WOLFHAWK,

I called 1-888-242-2100. Yes there is many prompts, and I never spoke to a live agent. Its seems that they're always too busy to talk my call. I hope you hear something soon.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK and jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
[QUOTE="melissaj, post: 6773739, member: 668051
I tried to call cic too . But couldn’t reach to the agent. They r way busy I guess. I sent application on November 20,2017 for work permit but till now no news .:(

Mov190

Mar 8, 2018
How come everyone has so many updates? I tried to check online tool every week but just application received for the whole year. And suddenly descion made. Was is because I sent medical and police stuff with my application at first? Also I am scared to call them lol. Couple years ago I applied for Canada tourism visa in USA, I sent an email requesting when can I know the result and couple days later i was refused.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Looking around,, hmmm I wonder where Profiler is? He is always on here during the day helping people with there questions, such an awesome caring guy and truly seems to love helping us all when he can... Hope he is A-Okay and on a nice warm Vacation lol

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hi WOLFHAWK,

I called 1-888-242-2100. Yes there is many prompts, and I never spoke to a live agent. Its seems that they're always too busy to talk my call. I hope you hear something soon.

I have called 2 times.. I hit 1 then I just keep hitting a 0 and I get in the hold pattern and wait,, usually about 40 min wait, but both time I got an agent,,, 1 was very helpful and 1 was like ,, he couldn't wait to go home lol ,, I never heard a way to hear an recorded update like you did..

Are we having fun Yet ??