+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I don't think you can, because you didn't technically initiate it. I can't say for sure, because we didn't bother -- the wife just planned her trip for 90 days after landing. She had her card for a comfortable amount of time before leaving.
Profiler, surprisingly I tried one more time just now and it worked. This is my first PR card after landing this month. It is now being linked to MyCIC account. Eligibility is in progress.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
anyone got issues with linking their PR card application to their mycic account? I can't seem to figure that out :(
I used my First name and date of birth. Using the UCI/PR card application number did not work. I got the PR card application number when I called IRCC call center

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alright. To be fair, we are talking last year. So, things could very likely have changed...

Whimsical04

May 15, 2017
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-06-2016
Med's Request
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hi, I got my landing interview letter for February 7th, in Winnipeg.
App received May 25th, 2016
SA and AiP Dec 19th, 2017
DM on Jan 20th, 2018
No dm letter just the landing interview letter on Jan 25th, 2018.
Thanks to everybody on this forum!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi, I got my landing interview letter for February 7th, in Winnipeg.
App received May 25th, 2016
SA and AiP Dec 19th, 2017
DM on Jan 20th, 2018
No dm letter just the landing interview letter on Jan 25th, 2018.
Thanks to everybody on this forum!
Congrats!

Reactions: Whimsical04

Navidpour

Jul 5, 2017
Hello All,

I applied for spouse sponsorship, inland, and I just get the final Etobicoke interview for February 2nd, I have to leave Canada on March 1st for a vacation. Can anyone help me with the processing time after the interview? Do I get the PR before that March 1st?
If not, can I still travel with my visa?

Thanks,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello All,

I applied for spouse sponsorship, inland, and I just get the final Etobicoke interview for February 2nd, I have to leave Canada on March 1st for a vacation. Can anyone help me with the processing time after the interview? Do I get the PR before that March 1st?
If not, can I still travel with my visa?

Thanks,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/ says 61 days. No your visa will be invalid as soon as you sign your COPR at your landing.

You can ask to reschedule, if you know when your trip is over. Or delay your trip.

If neither of those options work, then you can ask the landing officer about the steps to getting a PR Travel Document (PRTD). It's more money, paperwork, and not as easy to do. But it's the only other possibility. Unless traveling to the US by means other than air. Then you can just use your COPR document to pass the border.

Last edited:

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Congrats! You'll have a landing letter sent to you (hopefully) soon!

No SA/AIP is common -- they picked your file up, looked at the whole thing (it was complete enough), and so they didn't have any requests. It's been approved.
I got a letter today, it was my AIP.
Now I have to pay the RPRF.
Since my eCAS shows Decison Made on both side,does it mean is it done and I should get the landing letter in couple of days?? Or the wait still going ?
Thanks @profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I got a letter today, it was my AIP.
Now I have to pay the RPRF.
Since my eCAS shows Decison Made on both side,does it mean is it done and I should get the landing letter in couple of days?? Or the wait still going ?
Thanks @profiler
Congrats!

Impossible to say. Every landing office is different.

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hello all! I just wanted to update for those who would like to follow timeline. I got my AOR yesterday and a request to complete Schedule A and submit police report. I submitted my application on November 28th, 2017. I was able to link my file using the application number and the UCI number provided in the email.

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
anyone got issues with linking their PR card application to their mycic account? I can't seem to figure that out :(
I was able to link mine today. I made a mistake the first two times, but the mistake was that I answered incorrectly one question at the end. It's the one that asks how many applicants are on this application and I put one, but it's really two. My sponsor and I. Don't know if you figured it out yet, but thought I would post about it for someone else to learn from at least.

Jan 11, 2018
URGENT!!. We got a landing date (Feb 2nd) at Etobicoke but we have a trip plan in the mid of Feb. We are thinking to call to get the landing interview rescheduled. Does anyone has experience on rescheduling the interview?

Reactions: abcdmud

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I was able to link mine today. I made a mistake the first two times, but the mistake was that I answered incorrectly one question at the end. It's the one that asks how many applicants are on this application and I put one, but it's really two. My sponsor and I. Don't know if you figured it out yet, but thought I would post about it for someone else to learn from at least.
They're talking PR Card. That's end of process. AOR is the very beginning.

This is the 2016 thread. There is a 2017 thread that may have more time-sensitive posts... Just an FYI :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
URGENT!!. We got a landing date (Feb 2nd) at Etobicoke but we have a trip plan in the mid of Feb. We are thinking to call to get the landing interview rescheduled. Does anyone has experience on rescheduling the interview?
Send return date in a reply to the email. I have come to learn they do view and respond to those on replies.