IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
what goona make a difference if sponsor is PR or citizen? My spouse is PR and his application for citizenship is under process. when i called to CIC call center they said that chances are there that they can reject port of entry, now this is confusing us as we are going for 3 weeks and our tickets and vacations are already booked, bz of that reason only we applied for multiple entries too.
Canadian citizens can sponsor people while being abroad. PR's cannot. IP-8 and IRPA state that a PR must remain in Canada while the application is in progress. Also, search this forum -- others have had PR applications for their spouses/CL partners refused because they left Canada while it was in progress.

As I said above, there is always a chance they could refuse at a port of entry -- it's up to CBSA. Bring the latest CIC communication with respect to your application. If they know there is a PR in process, they can also confirm it in GCMS (their computers).

WRT "multiple entries" -- CIC tries to issue them by default. You do not need to request them. They won't issue anything else, unless there is some reason to.

Reactions: Snigs and KandyK

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Canadian citizens can sponsor people while being abroad. PR's cannot. IP-8 and IRPA state that a PR must remain in Canada while the application is in progress. Also, search this forum -- others have had PR applications for their spouses/CL partners refused because they left Canada while it was in progress.

As I said above, there is always a chance they could refuse at a port of entry -- it's up to CBSA. Bring the latest CIC communication with respect to your application. If they know there is a PR in process, they can also confirm it in GCMS (their computers).

WRT "multiple entries" -- CIC tries to issue them by default. You do not need to request them. They won't issue anything else, unless there is some reason to.
Thank you so much because now i am very tensed and i dont know if i cancel my tickets or i go?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Thank you so much because now i am very tensed and i dont know if i cancel my tickets or i go?
Hey, relax! As profiler said the PA can travel but not the PR sponsor. You are good to travel. I traveled three time in a year while my PR application was in progress. Each lasting for minimum of 3 weeks. CBSA only asked me who I work for and that is it in Canada. It was always easy coming back. One thing I can advise of is, just make sure you have a job. They always ask when you have work permit. But might not be a big deal.

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Hey, relax! As profiler said the PA can travel but not the PR sponsor. You are good to travel. I traveled three time in a year while my PR application was in progress. Each lasting for minimum of 3 weeks. CBSA only asked me who I work for and that is it in Canada. It was always easy coming back. One thing I can advise of is, just make sure you have a job. They always ask when you have work permit. But might not be a big deal.
well than in this case we both are going on vacation for 3 weeks,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The instructions clearly stated, as part of the sponsorship application. CIC IP8 and IRPA all state that a PR sponsor cannot leave. This forum has threads where PR sponsors thought they could leave, to tie up loose ends or whatever -- even a short 5 day trip was met with a procedural fairness letter, and cited regulations, and demanded proof the sponsor didn't leave Canada.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but IMHO, if you wish to remain in Canada, delay your trip, or withdraw and reapply. That's the best solutions. I wouldn't leave it to chance that CIC wouldn't find out your partner left -- when returning, they scan they examine the PR Card/Passport.

Sorry.

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Good morning!!
I just opened my ECAS and it shows DECOSION MADE in both sides.
Until yesterday it was showing on the sponsor side "in progress" and on the applicant side "application received".
When I click on applicant it shows the following:
1. Appication received September 27th,2016
2. We started processing xXxxxxxxxxX application on January 23rd,2018
3. Medicals results have been received.

I did not received any SA OR AIP before that..
Also didn't received any reject letter

@profiler ,should I be happy or concerned ?
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning!!
I just opened my ECAS and it shows DECOSION MADE in both sides.
Until yesterday it was showing on the sponsor side "in progress" and on the applicant side "application received".
When I click on applicant it shows the following:
1. Appication received September 27th,2016
2. We started processing xXxxxxxxxxX application on January 23rd,2018
3. Medicals results have been received.

I did not received any SA OR AIP before that..
Also didn't received any reject letter

@profiler ,should I be happy or concerned ?
Thanks
Congrats! You'll have a landing letter sent to you (hopefully) soon!

No SA/AIP is common -- they picked your file up, looked at the whole thing (it was complete enough), and so they didn't have any requests. It's been approved.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
I need to double check when I get home, I am pretty sure it's not possible. It's a feature of inland. Outland, yes you can seek IRB review. I'll triple check IRPA/IRPR when I get home to confirm.
Hi Profiler, yes this is correct, outlines get to appeal, islands get a judicial review. My apologies for taking long without correcting this. I meant that I was looking into an appeal case file so the word appeal kept coming up when I was typing. Thank you for fixing it.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Hi Profiler, yes this is correct, outlines get to appeal, islands get a judicial review. My apologies for taking long without correcting this. I meant that I was looking into an appeal case file so the word appeal kept coming up when I was typing. Thank you for fixing it.
Typos. Damn smartphones. I am referring to Outlands and not outlines and Inlands and not Islands. Sorry again

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Congrats! You'll have a landing letter sent to you (hopefully) soon!

No SA/AIP is common -- they picked your file up, looked at the whole thing (it was complete enough), and so they didn't have any requests. It's been approved.
Thanks for the reply!!
Very happy and i hope this Landing letter is on the mail already LOL

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
But requesting a Judicial Review:
- You only have 60 days to apply to Leave.
- Is not a full hearing -- You have to convince a Judge that a Review is required.
- It's not free -- and, to be fair, *most* folks would not be able to undertake that type of request on their own (meaning legal expenses).

I still do not see, fighting CIC in court as a means to be able to fix the concerns that they had WRT relationships of convienience. IMHO, it's better to get the notes, and attempt to correct the decision (in writing, they can appeal to the officer within 60 days, providing there is new evidence that they can provide to refute the means of the decision). Or re-file.

However, I am not a legal expert -- I will leave my opinion above, and defer to you here.

EDIT: for anyone curious as to what @Tin tin and I are discussing, see OP 22: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op22-eng.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Snigs

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
But requesting a Judicial Review:
- You only have 60 days to apply to Leave.
- Is not a full hearing -- You have to convince a Judge that a Review is required.
- It's not free -- and, to be fair, *most* folks would not be able to undertake that type of request on their own (meaning legal expenses).

I still do not see, fighting CIC in court as a means to be able to fix the concerns that they had WRT relationships of convienience. IMHO, it's better to get the notes, and attempt to correct the decision (in writing, they can appeal to the officer within 60 days, providing there is new evidence that they can provide to refute the means of the decision). Or re-file.

However, I am not a legal expert -- I will leave my opinion above, and defer to you here.

EDIT: for anyone curious as to what @Tin tin and I are discussing, see OP 22: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op22-eng.pdf
Its just an option out there for those who wish to spend money. I wouldn't go for it.

Reactions: profiler

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
anyone got issues with linking their PR card application to their mycic account? I can't seem to figure that out :(

dok

Apr 20, 2014
anyone got issues with linking their PR card application to their mycic account? I can't seem to figure that out :(
I am not sure if it's even possible to link first time PR card applications to MyCIC. I tried and didn't work. I called IRCC line and I could listen to my PR card status. Anyone with info on this? Profiler?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I don't think you can, because you didn't technically initiate it. I can't say for sure, because we didn't bother -- the wife just planned her trip for 90 days after landing. She had her card for a comfortable amount of time before leaving.