Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Yes. I have.
Thanks for your response..How long it takes to get appointment after contacting him..?also what there r asking...?

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
now I m in 10 week no email For appointment I send mail to officer also cic agent send notifications to officer but no response...! Any other way...?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks for your response..How long it takes to get appointment after contacting him..?also what there r asking...?
An MP you can call their constituency office. They usually answer Monday through Friday 9 or 9:30 to 4 or 4:30. Their office times do change a little. But they answer while in office.

They can call CIC on the special MP line. You might get a response. But as I already said, probably not a great idea. It will take 61 days to get a PR card. You won't land for at least a week. That's almost certain.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landing is not the same as a relationship interview. Landing is dead simple. A review of simple pieces of info only.
Does it mean telephone interview is to assess whether the relationship is genuine ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Does it mean telephone interview is to assess whether the relationship is genuine ?
If you passed AIP, and ECAS says DM on both sides, then absolutely not. Why would they ask you to chat over the phone. They bring both sponsor and applicant into the office for those interviews, typically.

Landings ask: "have you ever committed a crime in Canada or anywhere else", "have you been asked to leave Canada or anywhere else", "have you any dependents not listed on your application in Canada or anywhere else" (the usual questions). They know the answers to those questions, and are asking you to validate what they know about you. It's not a relationship interview, at all.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you passed AIP, and ECAS says DM on both sides, then absolutely not. Why would they ask you to chat over the phone. They bring both sponsor and applicant into the office for those interviews, typically.

Landings ask: "have you ever committed a crime in Canada or anywhere else", "have you been asked to leave Canada or anywhere else", "have you any dependents not listed on your application in Canada or anywhere else" (the usual questions). They know the answers to those questions, and are asking you to validate what they know about you. It's not a relationship interview, at all.
hmmm, it seems they are trying to save time by asking applicants to do landing over phone rather than scheduling it in the office. I saw one of the posts mentioned that duration of such interviews is only 15 minutes, so yes it makes sense.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hmmm, it seems they are trying to save time by asking applicants to do landing over phone rather than scheduling it in the office. I saw one of the posts mentioned that duration of such interviews is only 15 minutes, so yes it makes sense.
Yes, it's a new initiative to try to clear out landing backlog.

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
this was not for me, i just saw another post from a forum member who received such notice.

so what do they ask over the phone ?
if its a telephone landing phone call, basically just the same questions you would get in a landing interview. your sponsor is required to be there as well, and the questions are:
- you first entry date
- you last port of entry and date
- whether you have any criminal records
- whether your sponsor agrees to continue to sponsor you

nothing special and nothing to worry about.

also note that the practice now seems to have changed a bit - at the beginning they mail your CoPR to you in advance and require that you have it for the call. Now they only mail it after the call (which was my case).

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
Hello,My file is under process for spouse in Canada and also i got spousal work permit, recently i applied for Multiple entry visa which i already received, Can i leave the Canada for 3 weeks ( going on vacation) and can come back based on Multiple Visa? what in between of my travel my status changed to decision made? will my multiple entry will be still valid.?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello,My file is under process for spouse in Canada and also i got spousal work permit, recently i applied for Multiple entry visa which i already received, Can i leave the Canada for 3 weeks ( going on vacation) and can come back based on Multiple Visa? what in between of my travel my status changed to decision made? will my multiple entry will be still valid.?
While there is no guarantee that CBSA would permit re-entry, CIC usually doesn't complain about PAs leaving for a short time. No one seems to know the exact maximum, but less than a month is typically accepted.

If the Sponsor is a PR and not a citizen, they cannot leave Canada until the file is complete. If they do, the file will be rejected.

Any visas or permits are NOT invalidated UNTIL COPR is signed by both parties. So, no issue.

If they contact you via email, check your email while on vacation. If you get a landing invite, you can email your return date, and they will delay your landing.

Cshah123

Nov 26, 2017
While there is no guarantee that CBSA would permit re-entry, CIC usually doesn't complain about PAs leaving for a short time. No one seems to know the exact maximum, but less than a month is typically accepted.

If the Sponsor is a PR and not a citizen, they cannot leave Canada until the file is complete. If they do, the file will be rejected.

Any visas or permits are NOT invalidated UNTIL COPR is signed by both parties. So, no issue.

If they contact you via email, check your email while on vacation. If you get a landing invite, you can email your return date, and they will delay your landing.
what goona make a difference if sponsor is PR or citizen? My spouse is PR and his application for citizenship is under process. when i called to CIC call center they said that chances are there that they can reject port of entry, now this is confusing us as we are going for 3 weeks and our tickets and vacations are already booked, bz of that reason only we applied for multiple entries too.