Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm Oct 28th/2016 applicant and I got AIP yesterday. On Ecas it shows "decision made" on the sponsor side and "in process" on the applicant side. What's the next? I paid the right of permanent fee today and I wonder if I need to send it through "Case specific enquiry". Thanks!
Congrats. They are working on completing your file. You're in stage 2 now (meaning you are passed AIP). Check your email (used in your filing) to see if they sent the AIP letter. You can print and take that letter to RAMQ/Service Ontario to get health insurance. In stage 2, they complete your Medical, Criminality, and Security checks. Usually, the Security check takes the longest in this stage. You could see a Decision Made anytime from now, up to 6 months from now; depending on how long it takes them to get a Security clearance.

You can send it through CSE (google: ircc web form) and/or just print it out to bring it to your landing.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler

Can my husband still work even though his open work expire while he waits for his new one? Is not in egal is it ? Just wondering because he is looking for a job but we don't want to make a mistake when he is about to get his permanent residence.?? Also, he is planning to apply to English school full time but they told him he can attend English school.free if he can proof he is in the last stage of permanent residence. Can that cause problem later since he is with a work permit and not study permit. It is not college or university just a normal school for English. I am just wondering since usually immigration forbids to study if you don't have a study permit. We are currently waiting for Etobicoke office to contact us.
He has implied worker status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17 From this page:
"
I have applied for a new work permit. Can I stay in Canada if my work permit expires?
Yes. You can stay in Canada, and may be able to keep working, under what's called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. The implied status lasts until we decide on your new permit application. However, you must respect the following requirements:

If you applied for another work permit

• You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit. If you applied for a work permit extension before your work permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions as your existing permit until we decide on your application unless you have applied to extend your stay under another category.
"

Nope, that won't cause an issue. Immigrant Services are provided by CIC -- assuming you went to one of their (Immigration/Immigrant Services) offices, or something similar, there won't be an issue.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
How long after a passport request has a decision been made on an account? Does anyone have any experience?
Most inlands don't get PPRs. It should be noted in the question, that this file is a refugee case turned inland. The PPR was a demand from CIC, and was a transfer of PP from CBSA to CIC.

Without that info, PPR would make little sense in the context of inlands. So, I fixed it for ya (sorry!) ;).

That said, I don't know. Anyone else in the crowd in this scenario?

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

like0417

May 19, 2017
Today My wife and I went to Montreal CIC office for attending to the landing appointment. A nice officer did all document within 10 minuits, very simple. She asked some questions as below,
1. The first entry date in Canada
2. The last entry date in Canada and in which airport you've been entied.
3. Do you have child in other countries?
4. Wish you always sponsor your wife?

My timeline:

Application sent : 2016.04.19
Application received: 2016.04.20
Start process: 2016.05.24
CSQ demand: 2016.06.10
CSQ received: 2016.07.24
Open Work Permit received: 2016.08.06
AIP received: 2017.09.26
Sponsorship Application Status shows Decision Made: 2017.09.27
Redo Medecin exam the 2017.10.04 and updated the E-medical file.
Permanent Residence Application Status Decision Made2017.10.27
Pre-landing letter received2017.11.10
Landing appointment date and office : 2017.11.23 in Montreal
PR card received
the 2018.01.15

So 19 months in total from Application sent day to Landing today...We will eat chinese Sichuan hop pot this friday for the celebration.
Best wishes to all, thanks.
Just an update..PR card received last week 2018.01.15...All done

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just an update..PR card received last week 2018.01.15...All done
Congrats!

See you in a couple yrs in the citizenship forum!

Reactions: like0417

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone,

I was wondering i have a open work permit, if i am NOT working will it effect my PR application?

Thanks
No. No effect. It gives you status, and the chance to work. But not compulsory.

Imagine if you couldn't find a job. Would it be fair to penalise you?

So, no. No issue.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You can travel. Just email them when they contact with a scheduled time, to advices when you'll be returning.

You can also try to contact your local MP.

john1234

Oct 18, 2016
You can travel. Just email them when they contact with a scheduled time, to advices when you'll be returning.

You can also try to contact your local MP.
Im an inland applicant. So you mean i can go home to visit i just need to get a hold of cic? What is local MP Office?

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
just got a request for a telephone landing interview. 3 weeks from now. yahoo! finally it's coming to an end
Aug 2016 applicant
p.s. Got AIP back in July and a request for a proof of cohabitation a month or two ago
Got decision made on the applicant side today after I sent them the form allowing them to contact me for the telephone interview :D

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Im an inland applicant. So you mean i can go home to visit i just need to get a hold of cic? What is local MP Office?
You can always leave -- Canada isn't a prison. Re-entry might be more troublesome, but assuming you can re-enter, there is no issue. If you leave, bring your DM letter, it would be less-likely to be a problem re-entering (they can verify in GCMS at the border).

MP - Member of Parliament. That's your local representative to the Federal Government. You can find yours, by entering your postal code into the search on the right side of this site: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

Given that you said you want to leave in about a week, it is probably better to delay your landing. Here is why: If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada, landing immediately invalidates all your present visas (they are no longer required -- PR's don't require visas, so it makes them "illegal"; there has been a fundamental change in circumstance -- you now have permanent status). This puts you into this weird grey area, that you don't have your PR card yet, and, if there was a visa required for re-entry or an eTA for flying to Canada, you cannot validate with an airline that you will be permitted entry.

The caveat here, is travelling to the US by any means other than air. The CBSA will accept your COPR document and permit you entry based on that.

Last edited:

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone list the questions that are asked during a telephone interview ?
Is this interview for genuinety of relationship check ?

I saw some posts where applicants have received letters asking for a telephone interview.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Can anyone list the questions that are asked during a telephone interview ?
Is this interview for genuinety of relationship check ?

I saw some posts where applicants have received letters asking for a telephone interview.
Landing is not the same as a relationship interview. Landing is dead simple. A review of simple pieces of info only.

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Any one contacted MP..?Any one know what is the current processing time of etobicoke office...? Even after 10weeks I didn’t receive any email from etobicoke office..?feb 1 st I have to travel.

Last edited: