Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

tctt

May 29, 2017
I see “decision made” on sponsorship application status and “in process” on permanent residence application status. Does anyone know how long is the time period after this?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I see “decision made” on sponsorship application status and “in process” on permanent residence application status. Does anyone know how long is the time period after this?
Minutes to 6 months. You're in the last stage. Medical, Criminality, and Security clearances are what they're working on. Usually it's security that takes the time in this stage...

Reactions: tctt
Aug 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-6-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Med's Request
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Hi guy I received a mail stating my application was refused because she believed that we enter in marriage for the purpose of gaining immigration status , and a voluntary departure confirmation letter,my question is if we reapply from outside will that decision affect any future decision

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guy I received a mail stating my application was refused because she believed that we enter in marriage for the purpose of gaining immigration status , and a voluntary departure confirmation letter,my question is if we reapply from outside will that decision affect any future decision
You need to order your GCMS notes: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html to find out why the officer believed that you are in a relationship of convenience. Until you mitigate that, every subsequent application you make, from inside or out, will result in the same.

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
did you get a procedural fairness letter prior to refusal?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
We had an interview back in December
The reapply will work, if you withdraw your application because some minor issues you discovered, or there are some significant circumstances changed in your life, after your prior refusal. Otherwise, you probably look at another refusal on the same ground you got now.

But since you filed inland, then yes, reapply with the outland application is the only way for you. What you need to do is not to reapply immediately, wait for a year or more, till you collected enough evidences to overturn the negative decision you got now.

Maybe it is better to consult with an experienced good lawyer, when you decide to prepare your outland application.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
When you order your GCMS notes, you can decide if to appeal in the Federal Court and your immigration lawyers will order Rule 9 notes for litigation. Truth is, the Rule 9 notes will tell you in detail about your application and the lawyer will advise if you have greater chances of winning the case or they will ask you to discontinue it. Judicial Review is not available to inlands so your option is either to pay a lawyer who will go ahead to notify the AG of your intention to appeal the decision of that agent or you reapply after addressing the concerns raised in the refusal letter. With your case, you may want to submit a ton of proof that was insufficient in the last application. It will probably be a good thing to reapply instead of appealing because challenging marriage fraud will be based on only the documents you submitted in your original application or if you sought a reconsideration, the additional docs you submitted.

Reactions: Illegal÷alien

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
When you order your GCMS notes, you can decide if to appeal in the Federal Court and your immigration lawyers will order Rule 9 notes for litigation. Truth is, the Rule 9 notes will tell you in detail about your application and the lawyer will advise if you have greater chances of winning the case or they will ask you to discontinue it. Judicial Review is not available to inlands so your option is either to pay a lawyer who will go ahead to notify the AG of your intention to appeal the decision of that agent or you reapply after addressing the concerns raised in the refusal letter. With your case, you may want to submit a ton of proof that was insufficient in the last application. It will probably be a good thing to reapply instead of appealing because challenging marriage fraud will be based on only the documents you submitted in your original application or if you sought a reconsideration, the additional docs you submitted.
If the applicant is inland (which, given that we're in an inland thread, it's fair to assume), there is no appeals. You waive that right by applying inland.

If the officer has a belief that it's a Relationship of Convienience, it's been forever noted on the OPs UCI. They will need to overcome that obstacle before they will be successful at reapplying.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
If the applicant is inland (which, given that we're in an inland thread, it's fair to assume), there is no appeals. You waive that right by applying inland.

If the officer has a belief that it's a Relationship of Convienience, it's been forever noted on the OPs UCI. They will need to overcome that obstacle before they will be successful at reapplying.
Sorry Profiler, I interchanged, you can apply for leave for Judicial Review but not appeal. Thanks for the correction

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi, I am new here. My husband is sponsoring me for residency. I am from the USA. We sent in our application on November 28th and haven't heard anything yet. Is it because of the holidays, or should I be concerned?

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
just got a request for a telephone landing interview. 3 weeks from now. yahoo! finally it's coming to an end
Aug 2016 applicant
p.s. Got AIP back in July and a request for a proof of cohabitation a month or two ago