+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hi dok, Can you post your timeline for your ECAS, DM and where is the appointment?
Hi mak31086, my application was received on December 23, 2016, AOR January 17 2017, AIP October 3, 2017, DM on December 13, 2017 and Landing letter received on January 4 2018. I’m Landing in Saskatoon next week. It only takes patience and finding something to do to keep you busy.

LadyEnnui

Dec 16, 2016
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
PCC Request: 31-07-2017
Nomination.....
PCC Submitted: 19-10-2017
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
No AIP
Med's Request
26-07-2017
Med's Done....
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2017
I'm not convinced that it's better, to be fair. The government actually has made very good strides forward, and I don't believe it's helpful to have these petitions every 6 months to a year to demand more, when the effects of what they have already done have not yet been fully actualized. It's like a kid demanding more food, when they have only just started into their dinner.

That, and I value my safety, over faster processing times. They have a stream to deal with this, and I commented how getting the visitor visa can be accomplished.

Unfortunately, I am totally out.

Change it to state better communication or education into how to accomplish immigration with those particular scenarios, and I am in.
Couldn't agree more! I see a lot of people that are being so demanding to this govt. For me, i am just thankful that i was accepted and given the opportunity to experience a better life here compared from where I came from. I also lived in Singapore and worked there for a year, i left because it is a lot difficult to get Permanent residency there. I have seen expats there that have lived for over 5 or 10 yrs ended up going back home. Canada is still the best choice for me.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Couldn't agree more! I see a lot of people that are being so demanding to this govt. For me, i am just thankful that i was accepted and given the opportunity to experience a better life here compared from where I came from. I also lived in Singapore and worked there for a year, i left because it is a lot difficult to get Permanent residency there. I have seen expats there that have lived for over 5 or 10 yrs ended up going back home. Canada is still the best choice for me.
These petitions show up every 6 months to a year. And, granted, inland was, at one time, 26 mos processing time. So, I agree and signed the petition to deal with that, and the backlog.

They have not only almost completely destroyed the previous backlog, but they've also all but honoured their 12 month promise, at the same time. All the while still dealing with a serious influx of refugees/asylum seekers.

I didn't think it would be possible, when they first announced it. But, here we are. A few (October -December) left over backlog cases, and they are starting to land 2017s. The scale of number of cases was in the 140k range, and they still receive 75k of family class PRs every year. When they started, they still had one case from 2014, some from 2015, and all of 2016. They've cleared nearly all of that. It's quite remarkable, when you look at how far we've come.

As I had to point out to another poster, no case is the same. They clear family members back home, plus the deep dive into your life. The entropy here is considerable. And if there is some document that's required, that also adds to mix.

All that's to say, yes it takes a year, there is a way to live in Canada, while waiting. Even work, if you so choose. But, given that they still have a small backlog, I think it's not fair to pepper them with demands, when the backlog still exists.

If there is still an issue a year after the backlog is gone, then bring it to their attention.

I don't mean to sound insensitive -- remember, I'm also a client. But if someone doesn't play devils advocate, it could grow out of control.

Reactions: JB0405
Sep 12, 2017
happy new year to you as well. What does ECAS say?
Sorry for the late reply! So my ECAS only saying that Medical results have been received although I got an email about I meet the eligibility require which I speculated as an AIP on July 2017. I checked ECAS on my sponsor side, it said Desicion made and I even paid for RPRF when I got AIP email.
Whenever I speak with service agent they only saying still doing background checking. Would be an delay issue that I visited my home country twice during the processing? Otherwise, I seriously don’t know why it took such long time.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sorry for the late reply! So my ECAS only saying that Medical results have been received although I got an email about I meet the eligibility require which I speculated as an AIP on July 2017. I checked ECAS on my sponsor side, it said Desicion made and I even paid for RPRF when I got AIP email.
Whenever I speak with service agent they only saying still doing background checking. Would be an delay issue that I visited my home country twice during the processing? Otherwise, I seriously don’t know why it took such long time.
There is a 99% chance that it's a security screening that's delayed your file.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh may I ask you what is security screening?
CBSA (border services) starts a check into you to make sure that you are not linked to subversion of governments, terror, organized crime, human trafficing, etc etc. This check is done by the intelligence community, and their global partners. Because there are organizations outside of CIC, they cannot control the speed these are completed.

Sep 12, 2017
CBSA (border services) starts a check into you to make sure that you are not linked to subversion of governments, terror, organized crime, human trafficing, etc etc. This check is done by the intelligence community, and their global partners. Because there are organizations outside of CIC, they cannot control the speed these are completed.
So pretty much there is nothing I can do in this stage..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Well I wish all processing finish within 26 months. Thank you anyway profiler I appreciate. Please wish me luck!!
Best of luck. When did your sponsor get a DM? That's likely when they started the security screening.

Sep 12, 2017
Best of luck. When did your sponsor get a DM? That's likely when they started the security screening.
To be honest, I’m not too sure. I never check ECAS on my sponsor side( because I didn’t know how lol) and couple months ago I figure it out and check it and it said DM. I guess by the time when I got AIP..?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
To be honest, I’m not too sure. I never check ECAS on my sponsor side( because I didn’t know how lol) and couple months ago I figure it out and check it and it said DM. I guess by the time when I got AIP..?
If you click the link on the sponsorship application, you can see the date they sent correspondence (the last line, typically).

tctt

May 29, 2017
I have been following this page for a quite a while now and I want to sincerely thank everyone for the awesome posts. I have found answers to so many of my questions that werent cleared by my lawyer who we paid a huge fee!
Mine is a complicated case. My refugee case was denied. I started my sponsorship application in Nov 2016. Medicals were requested in September 2017 and no update since then. I do not have a travel document. I am bugged on and off by cbsa for a travel document. MP has been contacting IRCC on my behalf but nothing seems to work. Eligibility has not even processed.
Can anyone please explain if our file is on the right track? What is the step for an application where you cant provide a travel document? I am hoping Profiler can answer some of my complicated questions:)
Thank you