+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello, my open work permit is about to expire on January 19/2018 like a month from now. Those anyone know the link and how much will I need to pay to renew my open work permit????? Can I apply online to renew my open work permit instead of mailing it????? Does anyone know the exact cost ??? i am still waiting for my PR decision. Also, for how long do they renew your work permit again???

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hello, my open work permit is about to expire on January 19/2018 like a month from now. Those anyone know the link and how much will I need to pay to renew my open work permit????? Can I apply online to renew my open work permit instead of mailing it????? Does anyone know the exact cost ??? i am still waiting for my PR decision. Also, for how long do they renew your work permit again???

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
4 months to renew. Applying before the end date of your current permit (it arriving the day before in the mail room) gives you implied status until they send a new one. The fee is $155 (you already paid the holder fee). Check my signature for a link.

I am curious as to your timeline.....

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi all!
I have all my documents and forms together to apply for extension of my OWP.

And I just noticed that one of the requirements is "the stamp made by Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada". I only have a stamp from Buffalo as I left, I do not have one from Canada/CBSA. I remember when I came back into Canada, at the border they held my passport for 2 hours as I had forgotten to attach my PGWP to my passport (This was in April 2016). I think when they let me go they didn't stamp my passport.

Will this be an issue? They issued my initial OWP without this info, just wondering if it could come up this time.

I will send a photocopy of the US visa and the entry into Buffalo stamp.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all!
I have all my documents and forms together to apply for extension of my OWP.

And I just noticed that one of the requirements is "the stamp made by Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada". I only have a stamp from Buffalo as I left, I do not have one from Canada/CBSA. I remember when I came back into Canada, at the border they held my passport for 2 hours as I had forgotten to attach my PGWP to my passport (This was in April 2016). I think when they let me go they didn't stamp my passport.

Will this be an issue? They issued my initial OWP without this info, just wondering if it could come up this time.

I will send a photocopy of the US visa and the entry into Buffalo stamp.
Also include a note explaining why it's not available. It's actually hit and miss for entry stamps to/from Canada at land borders. There is a way to get the data, if they demand it from you -- though they can just ask CBSA themselves.

Reactions: abcdmud

Wazi

Dec 22, 2017
My wife in landing on jan 4 in edmonton and she is travelling back home from jan 7 to feb 28. What are the options to travel without PR card?

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
@profiler

Hello, I decided to do my renew of my work permit online not on paper so I link it with immigration service account and they don' require proof of marriage but they do ask for my spouse ID. Also, they ask for proof of medical exams within the last 12 months but doesn' immigration have those documents anyways ??? Should I get my medical exams done again?? I passed the medical check already with immigration and they also ask for pictures of me. Anyone needs to do the same???

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
@profiler

Hello, I decided to do my renew of my work permit online not on paper so I link it with immigration service account and they don' require proof of marriage but they do ask for my spouse ID. Also, they ask for proof of medical exams within the last 12 months but doesn' immigration have those documents anyways ??? Should I get my medical exams done again?? I passed the medical check already with immigration and they also ask for pictures of me. Anyone needs to do the same???
are we allowed to apply online?

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
are we allowed to apply online?
Yes we are for renewal and I was able to link my old owp application as well. The good thing when you do it online is that you are able to check the status of your application without having to call immigration services at all. I think is better and faster than sending by paper

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful season. I also hope for rapid landings for you all!

@sylvain1: to quote Red Green, "Keep your stick on the ice." Be good. Don't do anything I wouldn't do -- that doesn't preclude much, I'm afraid...
Who's Red Green?

LadyEnnui

Dec 16, 2016
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
PCC Request: 31-07-2017
Nomination.....
PCC Submitted: 19-10-2017
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
No AIP
Med's Request
26-07-2017
Med's Done....
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2017
Happy New Year everybody! I'm back! What's new???

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Happy New Year everybody! I'm back! What's new???
Happy New Year to everyone too! May all your wishes come true!

We are still waiting for DM etc. Looks like they are a bit backed up as they are currently processing applications from Oct. 25, 2016. We applied a month after.. According to their 24/7 phone line it now takes 14 months..I am sure the holidays will slow them down as well..

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Happy 2018 to everyone. I pray this year that anyone still waiting, gets nothing but positive results!