IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Health card is not an acceptable form of photo ID in Ontario for some reason... lol but maybe in this case because they want to verify they may accept it.
Actually, in this case, it has been accepted previously. When used with other bills to validate address. CIC does accept it for sponsors at the landing interview.

Otherwise, no, it's not photo ID. There is a good reason: it's technically like a credit card. You're not supposed to use it for ID, as the number never changes; only the version code (last two letters).

People have also tried to use their SIN as ID. You cannot do this either.

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi All,
My wife is October 2016 applicant. she got OWP since February 2017, nothing else since then.
We need some advice about the Medicals.
We submitted up-front an incomplete exam because during the exam we found out my wife was pregnant so cannot do the X-ray. after the birth of our child in April, we called the call center enquiring about completing the exam, we have been told it might be not necessary and we should wait for a request from CIC.
Today our Local MP told us that the medical exam is not accepted yet because of incomplete, If this has not been done yet, please contact the panel physician to complete the exams. This should save us time in the process.

My wife did the exams back in China. We contacted a couple of physicians from the panel in Montreal to complete the exam.and we have been told it is uncommon and they can just open a new file and proceed with new exams.

Should we wait for medicals request from CIC or proceed with new exams like the MP recommend?

Many thanks
Wait for CIC to request the exam. You cannot just go in and ask for the medical any more.

Did you advise them of the birth? Did you provide a birth certificate?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi All,
My wife is October 2016 applicant. she got OWP since February 2017, nothing else since then.
We need some advice about the Medicals.
We submitted up-front an incomplete exam because during the exam we found out my wife was pregnant so cannot do the X-ray. after the birth of our child in April, we called the call center enquiring about completing the exam, we have been told it might be not necessary and we should wait for a request from CIC.
Today our Local MP told us that the medical exam is not accepted yet because of incomplete, If this has not been done yet, please contact the panel physician to complete the exams. This should save us time in the process.

My wife did the exams back in China. We contacted a couple of physicians from the panel in Montreal to complete the exam.and we have been told it is uncommon and they can just open a new file and proceed with new exams.

Should we wait for medicals request from CIC or proceed with new exams like the MP recommend?

Many thanks
I think nowadays you can no longer do upfront medical exams. I think you have to wait for a request from CIC, they will send you the form you need.

Reactions: FAWEZANA

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Actually, in this case, it has been accepted previously. When used with other bills to validate address. CIC does accept it for sponsors at the landing interview.

Otherwise, no, it's not photo ID. There is a good reason: it's technically like a credit card. You're not supposed to use it for ID, as the number never changes; only the version code (last two letters).

People have also tried to use their SIN as ID. You cannot do this either.
It's funny to me, because RAMQ card is an official ID in Quebec and very commonly used as an ID.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It's funny to me, because RAMQ card is an official ID in Quebec and very commonly used as an ID.
It used to be accepted photo ID until about 2001. Then the government came out with the Photo Card for folks without DLs..

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
Wait for CIC to request the exam. You cannot just go in and ask for the medical any more.

Did you advise them of the birth? Did you provide a birth certificate?
We did submit the birth certificate and it has been received.
We called the CIC call center, as usual the person is kind and polite but not much helpfull, it end like usual the send you a link information it the website (panel physician in this case. Very frustrating.
In the other hand there is the communication the MP had with the CIC. Like you said, Waiting for the CIC request sounds the most reasonable.
is there any place where we can get any official statement about this situation?
Many thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We did submit the birth certificate and it has been received.
We called the CIC call center, as usual the person is kind and polite but not much helpfull, it end like usual the send you a link information it the website (panel physician in this case. Very frustrating.
In the other hand there is the communication the MP had with the CIC. Like you said, Waiting for the CIC request sounds the most reasonable.
is there any place where we can get any official statement about this situation?
Many thanks
I cannot say there is. But, you've said they knew it was incomplete because of a fetus. Baby has been born, and you cannot just request a medical anymore. So, anyone would think waiting for them to send a redo for medical would be in order. I 100% expect this when they pick your file up next.

Which statement do you want? I can link you to the Operational Bulletin (OP) that states people cannot just request medicals for sponsorship applications... is that what you want?

EDIT: See : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: FAWEZANA

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Last edited:

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
That's for NEW cards (>2016) and for the purposes of the sponsor, they will accept them. Though, a passport is better (funny enough -- they don't display sex designation either; well, F, M, U).

Remember, they are just trying to verify the person before them is a party to the application. They are not making you sign a loan, etc.
Hmm... makes sense!

Reactions: profiler

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
My husband got the official "Your application is completed." Now we're waiting for the Etobicoke office to contact us.

My problem: I don't have ID with our current address (no driver's license) and we're now month-to-month so no lease (had a lease from 2015-2016). Anyone know if bringing bills with my address on it suffice?
Just go to Service Ontario ( disregard my previous post) and apply for Ontario I.D. its only $20 and its same day. It will have your address and photo. I hope this info helps you. You can go any day.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just go to Service Canada and apply for Ontario I.D. its only $20 and its same day. It will have your address and photo. I hope this info helps you. You can go any day.
You mean Service Ontario. Service Ontario handles the ID cards for Ontario. Service Canada only provides federal government services in Ontario.

The OP has a HC, which for this purpose would work. However, they also advised they have a passport -- this was issued by Passport Canada (which is in the same Ministry as CIC); which would work as well.

FAWEZANA

Sep 19, 2017
I cannot say there is. But, you've said they knew it was incomplete because of a fetus. Baby has been born, and you cannot just request a medical anymore. So, anyone would think waiting for them to send a redo for medical would be in order. I 100% expect this when they pick your file up next.

Which statement do you want? I can link you to the Operational Bulletin (OP) that states people cannot just request medicals for sponsorship applications... is that what you want?

EDIT: See : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Thank you Profiler.
Exactly, this is the link I needed to forward to the MP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you Profiler.
Exactly, this is the link I needed to forward to the MP.
Ok: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob633.asp

"
  • Elimination of up-front medicals
8. Assessing admissibility
a. Medical screening
Spouses and common-law partners who apply under the SCLPC and spouses, partners and dependent children who apply under the Family Class will not undergo an up-front medical examination. Medical instructions will be issued during the processing of the application.

IRCC will send a request through the online account (or via mail or email for those who do not create an online account) for the principal applicant (and family members, whether accompanying or not) to complete an immigration medical examination (IME) within 30 days. These medical instructions will be issued at an appropriate point after the application is accepted for processing and applicants must comply within 30 days. Failure to comply with this request within 30 days may result in the refusal of the application on the basis that the officer is not satisfied that the applicant is not medically inadmissible.

It is possible that applicants may have undergone a medical examination prior to the publication of new procedures and application kits, or as part of an application for a visa or permit in another category. As part of the checklist, applicants who completed an IME in the 12 months prior to application submission, are asked to submit a copy of the Information Sheet from the Panel Physician up front with their application package. An IRCC officer may still require the applicant to undergo a new IME depending on the remaining validity period of the medical results.
"

Reactions: sylvain1

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Not a lot of good news lately eh? It seems that a lot of people here have been waiting for 12 months plus (including myself as an August 2016 applicant).

SA, AIP, Med exam passed (all in Aug/Sep 2017), but nothing afterwards. We wrote to our PM and the only additional information given to us was that security check began in Aug 2017. Can't believe after all that CIC holdup now we have to deal with the same slow progress with CSIS.

Has anyway got stuck at this stage and then found a way to speed things up?