IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
And you may remember me saying that we could go for a beer on our route to Sarnia.
You have truly helped us a lot in the past. Husband did get his AHC. We unfortunately had a 3 months delay while waiting for our security check papers from the FBI. Why the delay? They sent it to Sri Lanka. first.. grr Nov. 1 we received the request for his medical ,which was completed today... And now we continue waiting. and hoping..It's just about been a year since we applied..

Hope everything is going well for you.
Heya beate!
Yeah, I was just waiting on the right moment to claim ;).

It makes perfect sense to me: America, Sri Lanka -- same -- no?

With what you've said, have you checked ECAS? Sounds like maybe he has AIP?

WRT us, yeah life's ok. The missus is trying her hand at driving. She was soo used to the Moscow Metro (public transit) that would take her everywhere. So, adjusting to a smaller city, where everything is very much spread out, has sprung the necessity for a car (which we have already acquired), and a license to operate said car. That, and she had a dental mishap the day after she landed. It's has already cost us 2 visits to a peridontist, and there is at least two more planned (estimate was $6k to fix a failed root canal in a front tooth).

You guys are ok I hope?

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Heya beate!
Yeah, I was just waiting on the right moment to claim ;).

It makes perfect sense to me: America, Sri Lanka -- same -- no?

With what you've said, have you checked ECAS? Sounds like maybe he has AIP?

WRT us, yeah life's ok. The missus is trying her hand at driving. She was soo used to the Moscow Metro (public transit) that would take her everywhere. So, adjusting to a smaller city, where everything is very much spread out, has sprung the necessity for a car (which we have already acquired), and a license to operate said car. That, and she had a dental mishap the day after she landed. It's has already cost us 2 visits to a peridontist, and there is at least two more planned (estimate was $6k to fix a failed root canal in a front tooth).

You guys are ok I hope?
It just about became reality but we had to cancel a trip to Sarnia..:( Next year.. fingers crossed.

I have no clue whether he is AIP or not. I checked ECAS and says still processing. Same old.. I also tried to link our application with the key but was not successful. It is telling me the application does not exist, or that i have made a slight mistake. I know I have the cold from hell, but I still can read numbers. grrr.. I think the mistake might be on their end. My husband was born in Warsaw, Poland but became a US citizen. Now when I look at their correspondence his country of birth is listed as USA.. Hmmm. or wait, it was Colombo, Sri Lanka..:) Close enough haha
usually they notify us via email, so I honestly have no clue..Clueless in Alberta.

Yikes, any dental work hurts for more than one reason. Root canals are no fun! been there , done that! . Poor girl! And the front tooth..ouch..

We are hanging in there, playing the waiting game and hoping for the best! Good to hear from you!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It just about became reality but we had to cancel a trip to Sarnia..:( Next year.. fingers crossed.
I've been in this general area (~50-100km to the west of Toronto-proper) for nearing 38 years. I can wait just one more ;).

I have no clue whether he is AIP or not. I checked ECAS and says still processing. Same old.. I also tried to link our application with the key but was not successful. It is telling me the application does not exist, or that i have made a slight mistake. I know I have the cold from hell, but I still can read numbers. grrr.. I think the mistake might be on their end. My husband was born in Warsaw, Poland but became a US citizen. Now when I look at their correspondence his country of birth is listed as USA.. Hmmm. or wait, it was Colombo, Sri Lanka..:) Close enough haha
usually they notify us via email, so I honestly have no clue..Clueless in Alberta.
When you sign into ECAS as the sponsor, what does it say? Sponsorship Application In Process or Decision Made? What about the Permanent Residence side?

The Warsaw connection makes it even more confusing. CIC's office in Warsaw is where they are doing most of the outland processing for most of Eastern Europe.

What's more, is why the hell did they send an inland application out of Canada. Wait, did they send the whole file? Or?

Yikes, any dental work hurts for more than one reason. Root canals are no fun! been there , done that! . Poor girl! And the front tooth..ouch..
It was pretty funny. So, what happened is: Apparently, years ago in Moscow she had a root canal on her front tooth (top). *Apparently* the bone can recede inside the gum. It had receded enough that a simple sushi roll was enough pressure to cause the archor (the little steel pin they use) to snap into 4 pieces. So, they've already dug the metal out, grafted bone inside the gum, and in the new year they will install a screw. Once it heals up -- crown it, and you'll never hear about that tooth again.

What made it funny, was the sushi restaurant apparently has a free-pour policy for liquor. She'd ordered a cocktail before hand. After the root canal anchor broke, she was a little...tipsy. I tasted the cocktail. It would have peeled paint.

We are hanging in there, playing the waiting game and hoping for the best! Good to hear from you!
>90% of inland files are approved. That's a pretty high success rate. I am sure you will be fine. My questions about ECAS is, they are generally asking for medicals when the file has been touched or when a landing is expected. Meaning, they could very likely have passed the AIP stage. If so, ECAS will show 'In Process' for the PR application, and the Sponsorship Application will show 'Decision Made'.

Last edited:

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Is there anyone who applied during Nov 2016 and still waiting for an update from CIC? Our app was received on Nov. 30,since then no update.

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
I've been in this general area (~50-100km to the west of Toronto-proper) for nearing 38 years. I can wait just one more ;).

:) Might fly into Hamilton too..once we are freeeee to travel.

When you sign into ECAS as the sponsor, what does it say? Sponsorship Application In Process or Decision Made? What about the Permanent Residence side?

It says in Process and on the other side Application Received.. Hmmmm

The Warsaw connection makes it even more confusing. CIC's office in Warsaw is where they are doing most of the outland processing for most of Eastern Europe.

What's more, is why the hell did they send an inland application out of Canada. Wait, did they send the whole file? Or?

I was referring to his visitor's visa where they wrote POB United States, which is obviously wrong. When I sent in the Sponsorship Application to Mississauga I obviously mentioned that he was born in Warsaw, Poland but holds the US Citizenship.

It was pretty funny. So, what happened is: Apparently, years ago in Moscow she had a root canal on her front tooth (top). *Apparently* the bone can recede inside the gum. It had receded enough that a simple sushi roll was enough pressure to cause the archor (the little steel pin they use) to snap into 4 pieces. So, they've already dug the metal out, grafted bone inside the gum, and in the new year they will install a screw. Once it heals up -- crown it, and you'll never hear about that tooth again.

What made it funny, was the sushi restaurant apparently has a free-pour policy for liquor. She'd ordered a cocktail before hand. After the root canal anchor broke, she was a little...tipsy. I tasted the cocktail. It would have peeled paint.

The best way to have a root canal. In general I am terrified of dentists and when i had to have my first root canal done, I made sure to get tipsy the night before.. But- the dentist was so nice that all went well..

>90% of inland files are approved. That's a pretty high success rate. I am sure you will be fine. My questions about ECAS is, they are generally asking for medicals when the file has been touched or when a landing is expected. Meaning, they could very likely have passed the AIP stage. If so, ECAS will show 'In Process' for the PR application, and the Sponsorship Application will show 'Decision Made'.
Alas nothing is showing up this way..:( Here is to hoping.. They still have to make a decision about his medical. I was a tad worried as hubby is a stroke survivor, but doing fine ( stroke was 4 years ago) .The panel doc had no concerns, but we know he is not the one making the decision. Believe me, we have travelled a very thorny road in many ways..We so want to be able to travel so he can see his kids and 91 year old Mama..

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Is there anyone who applied during Nov 2016 and still waiting for an update from CIC? Our app was received on Nov. 30,since then no update.
Yes, us! We applied Nov. 25th but and just finished the medical..Did you get any requests?

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Alas nothing is showing up this way..:( Here is to hoping.. They still have to make a decision about his medical. I was a tad worried as hubby is a stroke survivor, but doing fine ( stroke was 4 years ago) .The panel doc had no concerns, but we know he is not the one making the decision. Believe me, we have travelled a very thorny road in many ways..We so want to be able to travel so he can see his kids and 91 year old Mama..

Oops. part of my message was lost.. Clearly not my day.. Will try again tomorrow..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oops. part of my message was lost.. Clearly not my day.. Will try again tomorrow..
No probs.

The stroke won't be an issue. For Family Class, there is no 'Excessive Demand' threshold. So, that means, as long as there isn't something that could be a public safety concern (which, last I recall, strokes are not contagious -- though some days I swear I've been given one, and had many, all at once!). If they baulk at it, there is rules in IP-8 and the IME that I can share that you can suppress that pretty quick.

The process for medicals is:
Request is sent out.
You see the panel physician. A simple exam, A chest X-Ray, and some simple STI blood work.
The panel physician sends the results and their impression to the Regional Medical Examiner (RME).
The RME (also a physician) pick the file up, reads the doctors notes and the results of the tests. They then decide if the person requires supervision, treatment, or just a pass.
CIC picks the RME and PP impressions, and generally approves, assuming the doc's agree.

I really wouldn't worry.

Also, regarding the discussion about November applications, I believe they might just be entering Nov now -- would explain your medical!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I believe they are just starting into November files now. No news before now, is good news :).

Snigs

May 20, 2016
Hi guys, I submitted my medical and police background check upfront. After the initial AOR in January, the only update received was last week. What does this say about the status of my application?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 5, 2016
2. Medical results have been received

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just posted (^^) that they are just starting November 2016 I believe.

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
No probs.

The stroke won't be an issue. For Family Class, there is no 'Excessive Demand' threshold. So, that means, as long as there isn't something that could be a public safety concern (which, last I recall, strokes are not contagious -- though some days I swear I've been given one, and had many, all at once!). If they baulk at it, there is rules in IP-8 and the IME that I can share that you can suppress that pretty quick.

The process for medicals is:
Request is sent out.
You see the panel physician. A simple exam, A chest X-Ray, and some simple STI blood work.
The panel physician sends the results and their impression to the Regional Medical Examiner (RME).
The RME (also a physician) pick the file up, reads the doctors notes and the results of the tests. They then decide if the person requires supervision, treatment, or just a pass.
CIC picks the RME and PP impressions, and generally approves, assuming the doc's agree.

I really wouldn't worry.

Also, regarding the discussion about November applications, I believe they might just be entering Nov now -- would explain your medical!
I am a worrier by nature ..:) Good to know! I had no idea regarding the RME. Interesting.. Learned something again.
When I told my hubby about your response, he was greatly relieved..:) I doubt the stroke will be a problem as he is stable, can walk and makes dinner, needing minimal help. His speech is improving, he has aphasia. PT and ST have to be paid out of pocket anyway, so he really is no burden for Canada. Besides he has been here for over 3 years and there has been no problem.Good to know some options though, just in case.

The PP was great, we filled out the stuff together. A nice guy. The one I had way back when in Germany in 1984 wasn't half as nice..

Regarding Warsaw: I was referring to the conflicting info on his visitor's visa ( where it states that his Country of Birth is USA) However, we made a copy of his passport which of course states that he is a US citizen and his place of birth is Warsaw, Poland..I was wondering that because of those discrepancies I am not able to access our account via GCKEY. It's quite annoying..

Root Canals...Oh my, I have had my share ..And a few did not take and then I had the tooth pulled and even some surgery.. no fun. In general I am afraid of dentists ( butcher's in Germany) and when I had my first root canal I had a drink or two..lol Hubby had dental work done as well last year, ouch to the wallet..:( But- he is so much braver than I am..lol

Viiiize

Oct 13, 2017
Hi all. I just received my landing interview invitation at ottawa and it states that i have to bring with me an HPM receipt. Am i concerned with that since i paid my fees online and i have a receipt.
Thank you for your help

Reactions: Snigs and profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all. I just received my landing interview invitation at ottawa and it states that i have to bring with me an HPM receipt. Am i concerned with that since i paid my fees online and i have a receipt.
Thank you for your help
Congrats!
HPM? You mean RPRF? Bring the receipt. That's all you need -- show you paid it.