+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
guys I am extremely stressed,I got a response from the MP - this is what she stated..

What I was told is that your husband will have to contact CBSA, to request that his passport be returned – because it is being requested by IRCC.

Although CBSA may refuse to release the passport until later in the sponsorship process. If this is the case then he should request a copy of the passport and a written response that his passport is being held by CBSA at this time and cannot be provided.

The same is true of attempting to get a police clearance from Libya. Although it is quite possible that he will be unsuccessful, Immigration requires proof that the applicant has done everything possible to obtain a police clearance certificate for EVERY country that he has been in for longer than 6 months (Canada certificate not required unless expressly requested)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have already requested that the passport be sent to IRCC when we went and withdrew his claim back in July. there has been no correspondence from them. and it states that we are not required to get the police certificate from Libya on the CIC website... I'm just at a loss right now.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
guys I am extremely stressed,I got a response from the MP - this is what she stated..

What I was told is that your husband will have to contact CBSA, to request that his passport be returned – because it is being requested by IRCC.

Although CBSA may refuse to release the passport until later in the sponsorship process. If this is the case then he should request a copy of the passport and a written response that his passport is being held by CBSA at this time and cannot be provided.

The same is true of attempting to get a police clearance from Libya. Although it is quite possible that he will be unsuccessful, Immigration requires proof that the applicant has done everything possible to obtain a police clearance certificate for EVERY country that he has been in for longer than 6 months (Canada certificate not required unless expressly requested)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have already requested that the passport be sent to IRCC when we went and withdrew his claim back in July. there has been no correspondence from them. and it states that we are not required to get the police certificate from Libya on the CIC website... I'm just at a loss right now.
Why stressed? Did you make said requests? If CBSA won't answer, go to the office where he has been interviewing. Request the PCC from Libya, with a means to track the request (if you have to send mail, send via courier; if email, send with a read receipt). Then you can send that to IRCC and tell them that, despite the info on their website, that you did in fact try.

I don't see the issue here?

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Why stressed? Did you make said requests? If CBSA won't answer, go to the office where he has been interviewing. Request the PCC from Libya, with a means to track the request (if you have to send mail, send via courier; if email, send with a read receipt). Then you can send that to IRCC and tell them that, despite the info on their website, that you did in fact try.

I don't see the issue here?
Because I have done all that, when I went to withdraw the claim, I requested in writing to send the passport to IRCC, they stamped it and we took a picture of it.. I sent that to them already, also the Libyan thing it is impossible to even make a request for him in anyway... He is from Benghazi, and he cant have anyone know what he is doing, his family will be in danger. its such a huge issue and we have explained everything. I don't know how many more times it needs to be explained.
We are calling the CBSA now to see where his passport is at the moment. I bet you it is with CIC.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Because I have done all that, when I went to withdraw the claim, I requested in writing to send the passport to IRCC, they stamped it and we took a picture of it.. I sent that to them already, also the Libyan thing it is impossible to even make a request for him in anyway... He is from Benghazi, and he cant have anyone know what he is doing, his family will be in danger. its such a huge issue and we have explained everything. I don't know how many more times it needs to be explained.
We are calling the CBSA now to see where his passport is at the moment. I bet you it is with CIC.
Well, I still don't see the use in getting worked up over it. Ask for a meeting with the MP. Explain the whole thing to their face.

Personally, I think a simple letter in response with proof that you have already asked CBSA send the passport to IRCC would suffice. Include in the letter what you just said about Libya, and link it to his refugee claim that was withdrawn. By connecting the dots for them, you might just find magic happens.

$0.05. It's what I'd do in your shoes.

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Well, I still don't see the use in getting worked up over it. Ask for a meeting with the MP. Explain the whole thing to their face.

Personally, I think a simple letter in response with proof that you have already asked CBSA send the passport to IRCC would suffice. Include in the letter what you just said about Libya, and link it to his refugee claim that was withdrawn. By connecting the dots for them, you might just find magic happens.

$0.05. It's what I'd do in your shoes.
Thank you so much for your advice,
I am going to call the CBSA see where my passport is, if I can pick it up AWESOME! good news I have copies of my passport from when CBSA seized it so I will send them that.

I will explain to them the Libyan situation, and have them refer to his refugee case that was withdrawn.

You are right I am getting worked up over nothing.. I calmed down and re assessed the situation.. its not that big of a deal.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much for your advice,
I am going to call the CBSA see where my passport is, if I can pick it up AWESOME! good news I have copies of my passport from when CBSA seized it so I will send them that.

I will explain to them the Libyan situation, and have them refer to his refugee case that was withdrawn.

You are right I am getting worked up over nothing.. I calmed down and re assessed the situation.. its not that big of a deal.
Totally get it's frustrating. I'm with you there. But a simple letter reasserting the position should be fine.

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Totally get it's frustrating. I'm with you there. But a simple letter reasserting the position should be fine.
I called CBSA, they told my my husbands passport is still in Vancouver, they said they cant release the passport until I become a PR, and that he doesn't understand why they are requesting it from me, because they have to Directly request it from CBSA. they said because they are giving me a difficult time they will provide me a certified copy of the passport but it can take 3 months since the passport is in Vancouver. They suggested I just give them the copy that I have.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
which pages of the passport should I send?
See. Wasn't that easy? No problems :).

Just the Bio page, and if you got a stamp when you entered Canada, I would include that one too.

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
He also has a visa from USA and a Shingle visa page, should he include those as well?
Just got asked for my passport pages. These are what you need,
You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • citizenship or residency status,
  • photo, and
  • expiry date (if applicable).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
so... I just googled ... its schengen visa ... lol last time I go by what someone with an accent says :) haha
The 'shingle' visa doesn't matter. It's only valid for so many days. They want the bio page, and if you had an entry stamp to Canada. Even when you apply, that's all they want.

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
@amazingt

And, we'll head out to QC at some point in the near future as well.. We share an affinity for craft beer :)

And you may remember me saying that we could go for a beer on our route to Sarnia.
You have truly helped us a lot in the past. Husband did get his AHC. We unfortunately had a 3 months delay while waiting for our security check papers from the FBI. Why the delay? They sent it to Sri Lanka. first.. grr Nov. 1 we received the request for his medical ,which was completed today... And now we continue waiting. and hoping..It's just about been a year since we applied..

Hope everything is going well for you.