+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
GUYSSS!!! I just saw an update on ECAS.... this makes no sense because we got the request twice sent it twice, then had a confirmation e-mail that they attached it... the MP assistant called they told her they were just waiting on the agencies to get back to them.....

We sent ************* correspondence on June 27, 2017. If ************ has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have ************* do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ************ receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GUYSSS!!! I just saw an update on ECAS.... this makes no sense because we got the request twice sent it twice, then had a confirmation e-mail that they attached it... the MP assistant called they told her they were just waiting on the agencies to get back to them.....

We sent ************* correspondence on June 27, 2017. If ************ has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have ************* do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ************ receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Ok, it seems legit to me. What's the trouble?

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It just showed up today, before there was nothing noted there... so does that mean they haven't received the document yet? or they are just adding the note to my access of ecas now?
Sounds like a document request. You might want to check myCIC or call the call centre to see what documents they are requesting

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Sounds like a document request. You might want to check myCIC or call the call centre to see what documents they are requesting
But that's the thing, we sent it to them back in June, when they requested. So now I'm assuming they never got it. Even though we received the email about a month later that it has been attached to the file. my cic doesn't say anything should my husband call them anyway?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
But that's the thing, we sent it to them back in June, when they requested. So now I'm assuming they never got it. Even though we received the email about a month later that it has been attached to the file. my cic doesn't say anything should my husband call them anyway?
Call to ask if it's in error or not.

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I'm upset.. they are asking for his passport and police report... it clearly states on the CIC website that when you are from Libya, you are not required to provide police report, because its not possible to get it.. and that they already know that the CIC has his passport from the refugee claim.. why is everything getting so mixed up :(

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
we moved to Ontario 6 months ago after the application could it mean that they want a police report from Ontario too?? but it was about 5 months after the application was sent....

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017

Got the same message. It clearly says "If you have not yet provided .....", so if you have done so I believe it's fine. Mine is May 5, 2017 which was exactly the medical request and it was done already.

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Got the same message. It clearly says "If you have not yet provided .....", so if you have done so I believe it's fine. Mine is May 5, 2017 which was exactly the medical request and it was done already.
We called them, they said that the case officer said the passport (which CBSA sent to CIC) and then the police report ( which clearly states on their website he doesn't need one from LIbya) is missing, we have already sent them the letter of explanation and they want it sent again. that will delay another 60+ days

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
We called them, they said that the case officer said the passport (which CBSA sent to CIC) and then the police report ( which clearly states on their website he doesn't need one from LIbya) is missing, we have already sent them the letter of explanation and they want it sent again. that will delay another 60+ days
Did you see those request letters under your Mycic case message?

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Did you see those request letters under your Mycic case message?
no there is no msg there, it just states they don't need anything and they are currently processing the background check. Even the MP contacted them they said they don't need anything they are waiting on the outside agencies to get back to them.

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
no there is no msg there, it just states they don't need anything and they are currently processing the background check. Even the MP contacted them they said they don't need anything they are waiting on the outside agencies to get back to them.
What about the "Application messages", which is below "Application status" --- Correspondence?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm upset.. they are asking for his passport and police report... it clearly states on the CIC website that when you are from Libya, you are not required to provide police report, because its not possible to get it.. and that they already know that the CIC has his passport from the refugee claim.. why is everything getting so mixed up :(
we moved to Ontario 6 months ago after the application could it mean that they want a police report from Ontario too?? but it was about 5 months after the application was sent....
No OPP and RCMP are connected. They communicate freely.

I would write a letter, stating that it's not possible to get a PCC for Libya, and cite that it's also on IRCC's FAQ. Also include that CBSA has your husband's passport, and you are not in possession of it. Please liaise with CBSA to get it back. Sign, Date, scan, upload to IRCC web form. It won't be that long, I don't think.

Alternatively, you could ask your MP for guidance here. They might get different answers.

Reactions: sylvain1