+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sam1986mah

Oct 23, 2012
This is my timeline.
  1. We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on October 3, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 2, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on November 1, 2016.
On Applicant side
  1. We received xxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on October 3, 2016.
  2. Medical results have been received.
Eligibility review not started yet, background check processing.

1) I see lot of people from Mid-Oct and Nov receiving approval, can you please advise when can I expect mine. I do know lot of people are in same boat. Last time when my wife spoke to call centre rep, they said we can expect by end of Oct if not then our application will be processed under 26 months wait period.
2) Me and my wife got our Australia PR, she wants to go Australia to give a fresh start to her career. Can we change application from Inland to Outland. If so how can we do that?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Landing Interview Done in Ottawa today!

We were late 45 minutes because of heavy rainfall and it as a very long drive of more than 3 hrs and we didn't expect traffic in highway 417.
When we got there, we were asked by the guard to show email of appointment and made us fill out a form asking the name, email and UCI.
We were given number 14 and told us to wait until my partner's name was called.

We waited for 30 minutes until they called us.
We immediately gave my PR card and our respective driver's license. But still they asked for proof of cohabitation, so we showed them our apartment rental contract.Then the officer said that the apartment contract is acceptable. He then asked my partner's passport and stamped it.

Then he asked the usual questions and my partner said No to every question.
Officer told me that I am responsible in giving support to my partner for three years. And then gave us a warm congratulations and asked us where we will be celebrating.

Total of 1 year and 3 months of processing!

Thats the end of our Journey and will be waiting for the PR card.
Thanks guys! Thanks @profiler and everyone who patiently answered my questions.

Goodluck to everyone especially to those who are still waiting. :):););)
Congratulations!

Reactions: ivan28

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
1) I see lot of people from Mid-Oct and Nov receiving approval, can you please advise when can I expect mine. I do know lot of people are in same boat. Last time when my wife spoke to call centre rep, they said we can expect by end of Oct if not then our application will be processed under 26 months wait period.
2) Me and my wife got our Australia PR, she wants to go Australia to give a fresh start to her career. Can we change application from Inland to Outland. If so how can we do that?
1. No one can answer that here but it appears most people recently posting saying they have landed are in the 12-13 month range so a good chance you arent far off..

2. Dont think that is possible to switch to Outland, and what would it achieve anyway if you move to Australia?

Gabrielle32

Jun 27, 2012
Good afternoon everyone.. I received a letter just now and i dont understand what does it mean..kindly help me out what does it mean of this letter please. B

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
canada.ca/pre-arrival-services.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv
al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada reso

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good afternoon everyone.. I received a letter just now and i dont understand what does it mean..kindly help me out what does it mean of this letter please. B

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
Outlanders can get landing assistance. If you are inland, it was sent in error.

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
I g

Hello,
communities.
Ive got this too.
But today, it showed"decision made" on applicant side
no aip or dm letter yet

Reactions: sylvain1

r.singh85

Dec 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
Hi , I am October applicant , applied on October 7th 2016 , just with the medical updates.. today called in C.C , automated call says we have processed application till 17th Oct 16 , anybody with

FlyingTaurus

Feb 7, 2017
What are you trying to say? please be clear
As per Mr.Singh, he is trying to convey the information that he applied on October 7th 2016. With regards to updates, his medical is updated. He called the automated Call centre number, thus receiving the information that they are processing applications received on October 17th 2016. He was also wondering whether anyone else are in the same timeline or timeframe,Peace.

FlyingTaurus

Feb 7, 2017
Good day everyone, I landed in Edmonton today. The whole process was completed within 5 minutes along with the usual 3 questions. Firstly,I really appreciate all the time and effort put forward by the users in answering my queries. Last but not the least @profiler , whom I refer as the "Yoda" of this forum. Who directly and indirectly helped me in my queries. With regards to my timeline, I am a September 12th 2016 application and I received the following from CIC namely AOR1,AOR2,SOWP,Landing Confirmation. My wife being the sponsor never received anything namely AIP,SA and to those applicants whose applications are pending I hope it should be done with soon. Godspeed to everyone, Take care and wish you all a safe and a Happy Halloween.

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
As per Mr.Singh, he is trying to convey the information that he applied on October 7th 2016. With regards to updates, his medical is updated. He called the automated Call centre number, thus receiving the information that they are processing applications received on October 17th 2016. He was also wondering whether anyone else are in the same timeline or timeframe,Peace.
Thanks for clarifying : )

r.singh85

Dec 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
Yes thank you... that was exactly what I was trying to say sorry for the confusion.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Good day everyone, I landed in Edmonton today. The whole process was completed within 5 minutes along with the usual 3 questions. Firstly,I really appreciate all the time and effort put forward by the users in answering my queries. Last but not the least @profiler , whom I refer as the "Yoda" of this forum. Who directly and indirectly helped me in my queries. With regards to my timeline, I am a September 12th 2016 application and I received the following from CIC namely AOR1,AOR2,SOWP,Landing Confirmation. My wife being the sponsor never received anything namely AIP,SA and to those applicants whose applications are pending I hope it should be done with soon. Godspeed to everyone, Take care and wish you all a safe and a Happy Halloween.
Congratulations on your landing! That's always a good feeling of relief when it's officially over!

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
hello,
today my cic changed from your additional documents have been updated to We do not need additional documents.
what next???
and what does it mean?
i sent my app on july 10, 2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Yes thank you... that was exactly what I was trying to say sorry for the confusion.
You're definitely not the only one. You're still in the normal timeframe. Some applications unfortunately take longer; I'm thinking especially to @rizaki that is waiting for a long time (April 2016 applicant) and yesterday, there was a march 2015 (not a typo, 2015!!!) applicant that landed. So don't over worry, it will come sooner or later; hopefully sooner than later!

Reactions: esjen and r.singh85