+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

FlyingTaurus

Feb 7, 2017
congrats! did you received any AIP or SA before you got the landing interview letter?
Im Sept application too but received nothing since the medical request on Jun 2017

Hey, I didn't receive anything of that sort, I sent my application and received my OWP and then I received a landing confirmation from CIC, that's all to it.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Yes. The crime has to be "major" -- 10 years in prison. That said, only a court can take it away, once awarded.

But, I would just avoid all that stuff..
Had a buddy from Guyana . . . real drama kind of guy, arm robbery, the kept him in confinement for 6 months . . . exported him. . so am not sure these things always go by the book. And. . . . even if they don't, nobody will be looking out for you.
I always wonder why!
Why some people put themselves in these stupid positions

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
A big hello to everyone! Question regarding the expiration date of a Medical. Is it one year to the actual date of when the medical was done or one year to when IRCC recieves it? Also, is it common that they let it expire? Thanks anyone.
1 year from the day it was completed. Usually not, but they cannot control the workload infront of your case either. They used to be able to extend them, but lately they have been told not to via operational directive.

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
1 year from the day it was completed. Usually not, but they cannot control the workload infront of your case either. They used to be able to extend them, but lately they have been told not to via operational directive.
Thanks so much Profiler.

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Good Morning Ladies and Gentleman, especially the "Yoda" of this forum namely Mr.Profiler, I received my landing appointment today and it's scheduled on Halloween And I really appreciate the time and effort put forward to answer my queries and I am a September 12th applicant and Godspeed to everyone else who's application is pending and patience is key, have a great day on purpose.
Congrats! will you wear a Halloween costume for the landing? ;)

Reactions: profiler

Ummagumma

Sep 25, 2017
Hi!
To all that are in the similar situation and wonder - I called Border Information Service today to inquire about crossing Canada/US border by private vehicle. Very nice lady confirmed - CoPR is enough if you don't yet have your first PR card.

Now I hope that 8 weeks is really MAX that they need to schedule the appointment in Etobicoke. Monday will be 4 weeks since I'm waiting and I really need to go to US end of November... Would be nice if it was less than 8 weeks.

Ummagumma

Sep 25, 2017
Also, for any Polish citizens that want to go back for Christmas - I contacted Canadian Embassy in Warsaw because I wasn't sure how long it takes to get Permanent Resident Travel Document and if I'll be in Poland long enough:

"It takes few days on average to process a Permanent Resident Travel Document application. Please note that this type of application must be submitted to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Warsaw, therefore you should add the time to submit your application to the VAC and to receive your passport back from their office. Please visit www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/poland."

Ummagumma

Sep 25, 2017
For PRTD - does any of you know what can be submitted as a proof?

If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
  • you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For PRTD - does any of you know what can be submitted as a proof?

If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
  • you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident.
They will know when your PR was issued. That would be for folks who landed more than 730 days ago. They want to make sure that you have not violated the Residency Obligation (RO).

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi!
To all that are in the similar situation and wonder - I called Border Information Service today to inquire about crossing Canada/US border by private vehicle. Very nice lady confirmed - CoPR is enough if you don't yet have your first PR card.....
Colour me shocked ;)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.