Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
2 weeks remaining to get my pr card and i get a mail stating that they cant process it because my photo does not match the requirement. Given 30 days to mail one out. Crazy! Probably get it next year with the long waiting time
I feel sorry to you.. i believe you have been informed your photographer to follow the instruction given from CIC. wonder where you taken your pict? Bcs i need to do it this weekend ....

sahiljain22

Sep 10, 2016
Finally got email today that said "We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for". Thank you to everyone who has helped in the past. Now quick questions:

Ecas and GC-Key don't show any update yet - not even SA. Am I right to assume this is the landing interview? Also we had a trip in 2 weeks to Chicago, would we be able to travel? Does CoPR get issued on the spot? Sponsored spouse does have a visitor visa, so I am assuming air travel would be ok with CoPR? We might even extend our trip by 2-5 days to travel to Asia to see grandparents with our new baby as they have been so eager.

Timeline:
Applied 9/13/2016
AOR 10/17/2016
Medical Requested and done: First week of June 2017
PCCs submitted upfront.
Just got email this morning.
Based on what I am seeing, most apps are being finalized within 1 year of AOR.

Last edited:

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Finally got email today that said "We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for". Thank you to everyone who has helped in the past. Now quick questions:

Ecas and GC-Key don't show any update yet. Am I right to assume this is the landing interview? Also we had a trip in 2 weeks to Chicago, would we be able to travel? Does CoPR get issued on the spot? Sponsored spouse does have a visitor visa, so I am assuming air travel would be ok with CoPR? We might even extend our trip by 2-5 days to travel to Asia to see grandparents with our new baby as they have been so eager.

Congrats. You are done

Can you share your timeline?

Ravi_GY

Jul 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-3016

Ecas and GC-Key don't show any update yet. Am I right to assume this is the landing interview? Also we had a trip in 2 weeks to Chicago, would we be able to travel? Does CoPR get issued on the spot? Sponsored spouse does have a visitor visa, so I am assuming air travel would be ok with CoPR? We might even extend our trip by 2-5 days to travel to Asia to see grandparents with our new baby as they have been so eager.
Congrats...I am Sept 30th Applicant..so far i only SA...Can you share your timeline please?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Timeline:
Applied 9/13/2016
AOR 10/17/2016
Medical Requested and done: First week of June 2017
PCCs submitted upfront.
Just got email this morning.
Based on what I am seeing, most apps are being finalized within 1 year of AOR.
First, congrats. That "interview" is landing. You're done and scheduled. COPR is just a piece of regular paper given to you at landing.

However...Travelling is a problem.

Since it's not legal for PRs to possess a visa (they don't need them), All your previous visas become void the minute you land.

So, a driving trip to Chicago should be ok, because you are getting yourself to a land crossing, where you could explain you had not yet received your PR card. They might accept your COPR to allow entry. Though usually they expect a PR Travel Document. I haven't tried this, but theoretically should be possible. Flying, well, you'll not be able to convince an airline to let you fly without a visa or PR card.

You could postpone your landing, and travel without a PR on your present visas, or delay your trip. Those are the options that I see.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I feel sorry to you.. i believe you have been informed your photographer to follow the instruction given from CIC. wonder where you taken your pict? Bcs i need to do it this weekend ....
Walmart did my wife's. Just ask for passport photos

Reactions: sylvain1

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Walmart did my wife's. Just ask for passport photos
Thanks @profiler.
Just update with my case..
AOR Oct 31th, 2016
Oct 2nd got email for permanent resident's interview without any update on my ecase account (informed this before in this forum)
Oct 3rd, applicant 's account decision made.
Oct 4th, my sponsor got email for SA and on ecase we have to upload evident of cohabitation (as replacement document)

Regarding RPRF, i paid it online 2days a go but no link to upload it on ecase, i did sent it to webform and will email it to VO, is it fine? Or any one can advice me?
Thankssssssss much in advance

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks @profiler.
Just update with my case..
AOR Oct 31th, 2016
Oct 2nd got email for permanent resident's interview without any update on my ecase account (informed this before in this forum)
Oct 3rd, applicant 's account decision made.
Oct 4th, my sponsor got email for SA and on ecase we have to upload evident of cohabitation (as replacement document)

Regarding RPRF, i paid it online 2days a go but no link to upload it on ecase, i did sent it to webform and will email it to VO, is it fine? Or any one can advice me?
Thankssssssss much in advance
Wait... They asked for more proof??
What does ECAS say today? What's the interview email say??

I am trying to figure out if the cohabitation proof email was out of order, or...

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Yeah, so I have read. but in my mind, if I can apply in 2.5 yrs that's okay. the processing time for that one I can withstand.
Hello Everyone! I am glad to let you know that i have an email today that says Dear I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview scheduled for: Date and Time: Appointment Niagara Falls IRCC 2017/10/16 08:45:00 Please report to: Niagara Falls IRCC, 4318 Portage Road, Niagara Falls ON L2E 6A4. From what i can see, it means interview on Oct 16th 8:45 am? is this an interview for PR or a landing interview. Kindly guide. thank you!

Last edited:

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
congrats again. can you pls say which province you are?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
its definitely landing interview where you will get your COPR. Pls remove your personal informations from the message u posted above

Reactions: SaqlainSyed

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
click on edit and remove your personal informations.

Reactions: VIRGIEWOOLF

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Wait... They asked for more proof??
What does ECAS say today? What's the interview email say??

I am trying to figure out if the cohabitation proof email was out of order, or...
The email said..
Your final determination for permanent residence has been scheduled at the above address on.....

Ecas still the same, regarding the evidence cohabitation.. there is a note of a replacement document and the due date (same at the date of my interview's schedule)

When i phoned CIC yesterday by automated informed if all documents requested been received..

Well im trying be positive and full fill all requirements

SaqlainSyed

Sep 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
Doc's Request.
07-09-2017
Med's Request
28-08-2017
Med's Done....
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
its definitely landing interview where you will get your COPR. Pls remove your personal informations from the message u posted above
Awesome, sorry new to posting, still dont have the rules down yet, i have removed them,. So anything to make sure to take or bring their plus any questions to prepare for at all?