+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Did you apply for health care? BG checks can take 3-6 months usually. They will usually start them earlier in the process. The number of countries visited, movements in history, etc can cause delays. Also, they can be delayed if they found someone with a similar name. Lastly, they have been slowed down lately because of the number of asylum seekers and refugees entering Canada (they require immediate review, before release -- if my information is correct).
Oh Yea we applied for healthcare, it became active on the 30th! Woohoo... but that's the thing it was pretty basic, his home country and then Canada, he visited the states for a week on a vacation. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with his refugee case, and they are going over the notes from the proceeding? We did drop the Refugee claim once he got AIP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh Yea we applied for healthcare, it became active on the 30th! Woohoo... but that's the thing it was pretty basic, his home country and then Canada, he visited the states for a week on a vacation. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with his refugee case, and they are going over the notes from the proceeding? We did drop the Refugee claim once he got AIP.
Yes, that will complicate it, and will cause delay.

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone

I have a question, I am getting married in December I have Permanent residence status in Canada and my wife is in india what is the quickest way she can come over to Canada. Can she apply for visitor visa or do we have to apply for permanent residence and wait for that?

What are the chances of getting visitor visa after marriage or before marriage?

Where I can find out about the details for the file for permanent residence for spouse?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Its still showing "in process" and applicant's side is "application received"
Assigning a secondary office is one thing, sending the file to that location, is another.

If they sent the file to CIC-Etobicoke, and there has not been an SA, is there something in the Sponsor's background that might be holding that approval up? (Previous claims of Social Assistance (OW, or Ontario Works, in Ontario), Previous criminal convictions, etc) SA is pretty simple to do. 'Usually' they can finish that extremely quickly (as the Sponsor is known to the government).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi everyone

I have a question, I am getting married in December I have Permanent residence status in Canada and my wife is in india what is the quickest way she can come over to Canada. Can she apply for visitor visa or do we have to apply for permanent residence and wait for that?

What are the chances of getting visitor visa after marriage or before marriage?

Where I can find out about the details for the file for permanent residence for spouse?
Apply for a visitor visa before marriage. After marriage, it will be very difficult to get approval. Also, your fiancee should have some travel history before applying -- as they have been known to reject visitor visas with no travel history.

Here is the information about sponsorship: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Assigning a secondary office is one thing, sending the file to that location, is another.

If they sent the file to CIC-Etobicoke, and there has not been an SA, is there something in the Sponsor's background that might be holding that approval up? (Previous claims of Social Assistance (OW, or Ontario Works, in Ontario), Previous criminal convictions, etc) SA is pretty simple to do. 'Usually' they can finish that extremely quickly (as the Sponsor is known to the government).
I think my husband's background is not complicate, he became citizen before he reached age 18 and only did a few times traveled outside Canada.
The most recent note they added on GCMS is on Aug 9 2017 which is under "ASSOCIATION - GROUP " and the status on that is "CLOSED"

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I think my husband's background is not complicate, he became citizen before he reached age 18 and only did a few times traveled outside Canada.
The most recent note they added on GCMS is on Aug 9 2017 which is under "ASSOCIATION - GROUP " and the status on that is "CLOSED"
Well, to be fair, I can only offer opinion on what I am told. So, those are things that can cause delay. Without actually seeing the notes, I cannot comment further. It is common to have a second office assigned (outland, they are assigned because the file is sent overseas; inland they are assigned for either landing or relationship/QA review and/or interview(s)).

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hey guys! hope everyone is well. Its official. I'm a PR as of September 28th.. I only got my SIN today though as the system was down on thursday everywhere apparently so it didn't feel official landing as a PR without the sin number to go with it lol. Just a little advice to those waiting.. patience! seriously. Especially when you're just about to lose hope.. there's light at the end of the tunnel. Hold on!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey guys! hope everyone is well. Its official. I'm a PR as of September 28th.. I only got my SIN today though as the system was down on thursday everywhere apparently so it didn't feel official landing as a PR without the sin number to go with it lol. Just a little advice to those waiting.. patience! seriously. Especially when you're just about to lose hope.. there's light at the end of the tunnel. Hold on!
Congratulations!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congrats! Hope the temporary SIN outage didn't slow you down, too much! ;)

mrihan

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I applied for my wife and time line looks like this:

Dec 8,2016: Application Sent
Dec 23,2016: AOR
May 26,2017: Proof of cohibitation required
May 30,2017: Sponsor approval
July 12,2017: Medical Request
July 27, 2017: AIP

She is now 11 weeks pregnant. She became pregnant after the medicals and AIP. Do i have to let CIC know about the pregnancy? Did not find anywhere in the AIP mentioning to inform them if wife gets pregnant.

Thanks for your help

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello guys,

I applied for my wife and time line looks like this:

Dec 8,2016: Application Sent
Dec 23,2016: AOR
May 26,2017: Proof of cohibitation required
May 30,2017: Sponsor approval
July 12,2017: Medical Request
July 27, 2017: AIP

She is now 11 weeks pregnant. She became pregnant after the medicals and AIP. Do i have to let CIC know about the pregnancy? Did not find anywhere in the AIP mentioning to inform them if wife gets pregnant.

Thanks for your help
Pregnancy, no. But if she gives birth before getting PR, yes.