AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I ordered Gnotes, and sent inquires about my security status to CSIS last week....
I am also having meeting with local MP this week, MP's assistance invited my wife to come to the MP's office.
It seems early 2017 outlands are landing recently.
I know CIC said there would be no difference between Inland and Outland processing time, but Outland was always much faster than Inland, so no surprise if some early 2017 outlanders are landing. Compare your situation to those in the same category as you. You are a july 2016 applicant and still waiting for DM, I understand you are stressed by the process. Look, most of people land in 12 months. There are a few that takes longer. It's not fun to be one of those taking longer, but it always ends well anyway. In that category,the approval rate is above 90%. You have to have something really wrong to be refused. So, even if it's longer than what you expect, just enjoy your everyday life. Taking some actions as you did is good (MP, GCMS notes, CSIS,...), however no guarantee it will have any impact on the processing time, but at least you will know what is holding you up.

You're definitely not alone in that situation, I'm thinking about @rizaki , an April 2016 applicant that is still waiting for a DM. I sincerely wish everyday to come here and see @rizaki posting a DM. Closer to your timeline, look also at @ivan28 a July 2016 applicant that was also waiting for a few months for a DM and got it yesterday. Your turn will come. I wish you that it comes sooner than later, but don't let the process bother your everyday life!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi All,

My wife has just received a message in MyCIC as below. Is this an AIP?
Thanks.

Dear XXX:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: xxxxx- xxxxx: > Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/26
Yes, AIP. You can now register to RAMQ if it was not already done.

However, I see that you have to do (or redo) the medical exam. Try doing it as soon as possible, that might be the only thing holding you up for a final DM. What was your timeline?

Reactions: like0417

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi All,

My wife has just received a message in MyCIC as below. Is this an AIP?
Thanks.

Dear XXX:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office: xxxxx- xxxxx: > Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/26
Congrats!

Reactions: like0417

like0417

May 19, 2017
Yes, AIP. You can now register to RAMQ if it was not already done.

However, I see that you have to do (or redo) the medical exam. Try doing it as soon as possible, that might be the only thing holding you up for a final DM. What was your timeline?
Thanks a lot guys, thank you sylvain1,Profiler and all people here. I'll go to RAMQ tomorrow morning with my wife...that will help us a lot. We are April 2016 applicant and no new until today afternoon....18 months entire. So buddies, just patient, all good new will be there soon.
Thanks again.
Merci beaucoup mes ami(e)s

Reactions: esjen and sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I know CIC said there would be no difference between Inland and Outland processing time, but Outland was always much faster than Inland, so no surprise if some early 2017 outlanders are landing. Compare your situation to those in the same category as you. You are a july 2016 applicant and still waiting for DM, I understand you are stressed by the process. Look, most of people land in 12 months. There are a few that takes longer. It's not fun to be one of those taking longer, but it always ends well anyway. In that category,the approval rate is above 90%. You have to have something really wrong to be refused. So, even if it's longer than what you expect, just enjoy your everyday life. Taking some actions as you did is good (MP, GCMS notes, CSIS,...), however no guarantee it will have any impact on the processing time, but at least you will know what is holding you up.

You're definitely not alone in that situation, I'm thinking about @rizaki , an April 2016 applicant that is still waiting for a DM. I sincerely wish everyday to come here and see @rizaki posting a DM. Closer to your timeline, look also at @ivan28 a July 2016 applicant that was also waiting for a few months for a DM and got it yesterday. Your turn will come. I wish you that it comes sooner than later, but don't let the process bother your everyday life!
You are wise, old one. Apples to Star fruit.

The processing network is distributed still for Outland. Given that they have more processing power, and speak the same language (spoken, written, and cultural), of course the processing will be a little faster, until they find a means to build that into CPC-M, it will still be a little slower.

Put another way:. You have people with specialized knowledge readily available in remote VOs, versus people who usually have to be trained with this knowledge domestically.

The distributed processing model wins out always, until they find the means to mine that expertise domestically.

Compare apples to apples.

You're still well under the timeline for people who applied a year before you. So you can't really complain, considering the posted processing times when you applied was 26 months. And, the squeeky wheel may end up at the bottom of the filing cabinet...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks a lot guys, thank you sylvain1,Profiler and all people here. I'll go to RAMQ tomorrow morning with my wife...that will help us a lot. We are April 2016 applicant and no new until today afternoon....18 months entire. So buddies, just patient, all good new will be there soon.
Thanks again.

Mes ami(e)s??? Nooooo amigo, famille ;)

Reactions: sylvain1

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Thanks again.
congrats! we are April 2016 applicant too and we got that same AIP letter 4 months ago (except we already had medical approved and didn't need anything more) and since then nothing at all, so the wait continues.....

hoping for some luck for both of us, it seems like we are in the "forgotten" months :(

keeping fingers crossed that this won't drag into 2018 and beyond ........

jermeli

Jan 19, 2017
Hello,

Hoping to get some info, Just received my first email from IRCC, requesting more information from myself and my husband. We have a application for permanent residence under family sponsorship.
What they need is,
* Schedule A Background/Declaration
And
* Police certificate
I have lived in a few countries in my adult life and for more than six months, but that was over ten years ago, I'm confused because I have been reading different forums, and there are different answers, do I need a police certificate from those countries? And do I need one from Canada as I have been here for two years.
Any help would be awesome.
Thanks

Ale04010

Aug 6, 2017

I'm June 2016 applicant and I still waiting the DM...

Reactions: rizaki

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello,

Hoping to get some info, Just received my first email from IRCC, requesting more information from myself and my husband. We have a application for permanent residence under family sponsorship.
What they need is,
* Schedule A Background/Declaration
And
* Police certificate
I have lived in a few countries in my adult life and for more than six months, but that was over ten years ago, I'm confused because I have been reading different forums, and there are different answers, do I need a police certificate from those countries? And do I need one from Canada as I have been here for two years.
Any help would be awesome.
Thanks
You must include all of your personal background for the last 10 years, or since you were 18. PCC for Canada isn't required. Usually, they give you a list, but Canada is not required. You can find more info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and select the country of your passport.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
congrats! we are April 2016 applicant too and we got that same AIP letter 4 months ago (except we already had medical approved and didn't need anything more) and since then nothing at all, so the wait continues.....

hoping for some luck for both of us, it seems like we are in the "forgotten" months :(

keeping fingers crossed that this won't drag into 2018 and beyond ........
Did you ever order your notes?

SUZROA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
We had our Landing Interview yesterday in Vancouver. It September 26, 2016 that we couriered our application in, and September 26, 2017 when we had our landing interview. The Officer explained all aspects of the PR status and requirements, he also gave us a copy of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and explained them. He asked my husband the usual 3 questions, said that the interview would not be happening if the Sponsor Spouse was not in attendance. He then congratulated us, shook each of our hands, made me cry and handed me the box of tissues. It was exhausting, and a relief. Thank you Forum, you saved me going out of my mind many times.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We had our Landing Interview yesterday in Vancouver. It September 26, 2016 that we couriered our application in, and September 26, 2017 when we had our landing interview. The Officer explained all aspects of the PR status and requirements, he also gave us a copy of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and explained them. He asked my husband the usual 3 questions, said that the interview would not be happening if the Sponsor Spouse was not in attendance. He then congratulated us, shook each of our hands, made me cry and handed me the box of tissues. It was exhausting, and a relief. Thank you Forum, you saved me going out of my mind many times.
Congrats.... wait, they handed you a copy of the Charter?? huh...

like0417

May 19, 2017
Hi
Today the status of sponsor changed to Decision Made.
My timeline:

Application sent : 2016.04.19
Application received: 2016.04.20
Start process: 2016.05.24
CSQ demand: 2016.06.10
CSQ received: 2016.07.24
Open Work Permit received: 2016.08.06
AIP received: 2017.09.26
Sponsorship Application Status shows Decision Made: 2017.09.27

Hope my case could give a reference to help somebody in the forum...We have waited for 17 months before DM in Quebec. So only suggestion is : to be patient. Best wishes guys.

Last edited:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Congratulations!