+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Ummagumma

Sep 25, 2017
It's totally worth reading all 1323 pages. It's the prelude to my novel... Congrats on the DM BTW!

All CIC offices will generally give a weeks' notice for people to come in. So, if Etobicoke contacted you today, it would likely be for next week sometime. That said, http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp says 61 days for new PR Cards. If you landed today, they would not be finished processing the PR Card until after November 25th. You aren't supposed to travel with the COPR, but you can request a PR Travel Document with it.

The questions I would ask are: are you from a visa-requiring nation? Visa-exempt? Do you have/require a visa to enter the US? How are you getting there (driving? flight?)? Can you telecommute to it?
I'm form Poland, I don't need a visa to Canada. I need a visa to USA, but I have it.
I have to go to Dallas, so it's really hard to drive there... But thank you for help! I guess with getting the PR you just need to be patient, nothing else :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm form Poland, I don't need a visa to Canada. I need a visa to USA, but I have it.
I have to go to Dallas, so it's really hard to drive there... But thank you for help! I guess with getting the PR you just need to be patient, nothing else :)
I asked those to help formulate a response. Re-entry into Canada without a PR, for instance.

Flying requires a valid PR Card or Travel Document. The air lines won't let you register or get on the flight without it or a valid visa for re-entry. If you drove, you might be able to convince a CBSA officer to permit re-entry with a COPR.

Reactions: sylvain1

FlyingTaurus

Feb 7, 2017
Do you have SA or AIP? They will likely request another medical after AIP has passed. There was an operational bulletin stating they were not to extend the medicals anymore. You can't redo the medical until they ask. If they don't ask, count the blessing.

Once SA and AIP are done, they will do medical, criminality, and security. Then you'll receive a decision. Probably before December.

Nothing of that sort, i received an OWP, that's all to it and an email requesting police clearance which turned out to be a glitch.

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
is it even possible to get through to CIC on phone? or is it always the same recording "we can't connect you to an agent at this time"

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi! I just got an e-mail today saying that the processing of my application has been completed! Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to schedule an appointment. (I applied mid May 2016) I'm super happy :)
I have a few questions and I hope that some of you guys might help me? I'm sorry if my questions are repeating, it's just impossible to go over thousands of pages...

@profiler you said that scheduling an appointment might take them 1-8 weeks. To be precise: 1-8 weeks to actually call you/e-mail you to inform you about the appointment, or appointment itself in 1-8 weeks?

At the end of November I might have a chance to go for a business trip to USA but I can't leave Canada before getting my PR, that I know for sure. I'm trying to determine if I'll be able to go or there is no chance in heaven.

Can someone tell me how this appointment in IRCC looks like and what happens next? To leave and re-entry the country I have to wait to physically get my PR card or can I travel with COPR? I read somewhere in a different place on a forum that after the appointment the waiting time for PR card is 60 days...Which would mean that even if I had my appointment tomorrow (would be nice...) I won't go for a business trip.
Congratulations!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
is it even possible to get through to CIC on phone? or is it always the same recording "we can't connect you to an agent at this time"
It's tough indeed, but yes sometimes one gets lucky and get in the waiting line.

Reactions: rizaki

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Hey @profiler

Do you know the reasoning of why you arent supposed to travel when you have COPR?

I contacted the Sydney visa office and they said that the travel document could take 12-15 days to be processed. I am only in Australia for 3 weeks which is less than 15 business days so i dont know if i will get the travel document in time. I am going to contact them again and see if they can do a rush job.

I only booked my trip home cause i thought there was no way in hell that they would have my application done in time. I am travelling with my Canadian partner and the sponsor on the file so i think that is the saving grace for when i return in will clearly show it was a joint trip and not time spent apart when we are supposed to be common law.

I dont know whether i should ask CIC to push the landing interview until after i return and just try to return on my open work permit and eTA. I am worried though that they will make me buy travel insurance which is what they did last time i had a working holiday visa. I dont want to buy it cause its expensive and i dont need it cause i have a full time job and qualify for OHIP and i also have benefits.

Ugh.. so much to worry about!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey @profiler

Do you know the reasoning of why you arent supposed to travel when you have COPR?

I contacted the Sydney visa office and they said that the travel document could take 12-15 days to be processed. I am only in Australia for 3 weeks which is less than 15 business days so i dont know if i will get the travel document in time. I am going to contact them again and see if they can do a rush job.

I only booked my trip home cause i thought there was no way in hell that they would have my application done in time. I am travelling with my Canadian partner and the sponsor on the file so i think that is the saving grace for when i return in will clearly show it was a joint trip and not time spent apart when we are supposed to be common law.

I dont know whether i should ask CIC to push the landing interview until after i return and just try to return on my open work permit and eTA. I am worried though that they will make me buy travel insurance which is what they did last time i had a working holiday visa. I dont want to buy it cause its expensive and i dont need it cause i have a full time job and qualify for OHIP and i also have benefits.

Ugh.. so much to worry about!
They can do rush. They can also rush your PR Card (at least that's what I read?). COPR is not a travel document. You cannot board a plane with it. Only valid Canadian Passports, PR Cards, or visas will permit you to board a plane. Think of it this way: You get to Canada, and are refused entry, then the air line is responsible for returning you to where you came from. So, they don't permit travellers without proper travel documents to board aircraft headed to Canada.

Could you delay your trip for a couple weeks? Then all the concern goes away! (And, you could be heading home for Christmas -- as the PR Card is 61 days to complete currently).

Just a thought!

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
Hello, I actually spoke with immigration today and it seems like the officer doing my case did a mistake on my file they confused my "police check " with my mother's "police check". For some reason back in july immigration requested me to send them all my family police checks and i did using the only inquiry but it seems they confused my criminal check with my mother's criminal check since i notice in my mother is police check it appears driving charges since she was in a car accident 6 months ago. But, I mean how can they make such a mistake when each police check has each person is name on it. The problem is that I found out of such mistake today in the afternoon but I already sent the documents they requested. I sent a letter saying

"This letter is in regards to the letter I received on September 19, 2017. I write this letter to explain that there has been a mistake on my current application for permanent residence. The letter I received on September 19, 2017 from Immigration Canada saids that records appear on my file saying I have “cause a bodily injured to any other person in violating of the special law traffic accident agreement” and requesting for me to provide certified copies of all court documents. I will begin by saying that I have never once owned a car, rented or leased any vehicle. After, I got my license in South Korea, I didn’t drive any vehicle and only got my license for ID reasons. But, I have never broken such law that I am being accused to. I am sending once again my Police Criminal Check from “South Korea” and “Australia” and also my “Police Criminal Check for Driving”. I feel quite amaze and shock of such letter. However, all my Police Criminal Checks and including my license driving record appears “Clear” since I have never once been charged with any crime. Please, re-check and verify my application. I, apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for such notice." I didn't include any court documents since it is not me who was charge but my mother and i was not even in South Korea 6 months but I have been in Canada almost 2 years. Do you guys think this will be enough for the officer to re-check my information and notice such mistake? i didn't include such information since I just found they confused my file with my mother's file. Immigration customer service said they cant do anything about it since they cant change anything and that i need to wait for the officer to check my information again and hopefully notices he made a mistake. But, the thing is i am a bit nervous since i am in my last stage and they are just waiting for this papers to make the decision they said. Should I re-send a new explanation ?????
Hello @rosa, in my own opinion, the letter you sent covered the point you are trying to make and I think after receiving the letter the officer will re-check and see the mistake that was made. I don't think you have anything to be nervous about since the whole thing is a mix up. How did you send the letter, was it through case specific enquiry of by post?

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hi all,

It seems like IRCC has really slowed down and taking a break from the rush. In the summer months, there was so much activity going on and in this forum there were people receiving DMs all the time.
Is it just me or others feel the same way ?

I do believe they hired a lot of students during the summer and those students are now back at University/college.

Reactions: rizaki and kimjae11

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi all,

It seems like IRCC has really slowed down and taking a break from the rush. In the summer months, there was so much activity going on and in this forum there were people receiving DMs all the time.
Is it just me or others feel the same way ?

I do believe they hired a lot of students during the summer and those students are now back at University/college.
I feel the same. 2016 July/August are still not receiving anything after AIP..... It has been slowed down a bit

Reactions: rizaki

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Perhaps they have decided to shift focus to outlanders for some time? Just a thought....

2017 Q3 data is available for PR's issued.

Reactions: kimjae11

RK10

Apr 21, 2016
Landed yesterday at Etobicoke.
same questions repeated in the forum
got new SIN number in the same building
got my new OHIP extended (which I got based on AIP) from 1 yr validity to 2 yrs
thanks evereyone for your help and support during this time
Special thanks @profiler for your expert guidance and help
Cheers!