+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

HisComfort

Sep 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
If he applies inland, he has access to apply for an open work permit. He can remain in Canada and can work (and potentially have access to health care) while they process the file.

Outland is the same amount of processing time, and there is no permits automatically afforded to applicants. So it's up to him to keep his status.
Thank you for your response!
I was just on the CIC website and read about work permits. My worry is that his is a "farm working visa". I'm worried that they could cancel it if they know he married a Canadian citizen. The ministry wants them to focus on work and believes they are in Canada to do this only. It is possible for my fiancé to get a 2 year farm working visa. This would be ideal for an inland process without the risk of cancellation.

f0rni

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Are you already enrolled in MSP? If you are, use this form to change your status, put a sticky note on it saying you are already enrolled and you just want to update your status. If you're under your spouse's MSP account, he/she needs to fill it out and you both sign it. Don't forget to send a copy of your CoPR with the form.

And you can go get your permanent SIN as soon as you're done with the interview and you have your CoPR.

Happy landing!
Awesome! Thank you so much! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for your response!
I was just on the CIC website and read about work permits. My worry is that his is a "farm working visa". I'm worried that they could cancel it if they know he married a Canadian citizen. The ministry wants them to focus on work and believes they are in Canada to do this only. It is possible for my fiancé to get a 2 year farm working visa. This would be ideal for an inland process without the risk of cancellation.
I don't see an issue here. As long as his present work permit is still valid he can keep working until the OWP is issued.

Relationships happen all the time. I don't think they'll even bother. As long as the permit is valid..

Reactions: sylvain1

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I hate to say this but we had bought the tickets since I got the medical request to avoid paying triple the price and almost thought I would lose the $ (no refund) but it's starting to look possible now. Btw I appreciate the fact you remember and I'm sure everyone else can relate too as I've seen on numerous occasions how you can remember exactly the most minor to major details on members of this forum's case even if they've been inactive for a significant period of time and I just wanna say thanks. You and quite a few others @sylvain1 @carolbb23 @browning911 etc who's spouse's have landed a LONG time ago yet still here assisting us, im sure we've all wished we can pay more than just respect online.

this is ridiculous how your waiting since last year

Tymir

Jul 14, 2017
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Good morning everyone. Update!!! My husband received his PR on Tuesday!!! We were a August 2016 applicant. Pr was done in London and very very easy.

Tymir

Jul 14, 2017
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
I do have a question... and sorry I am just jumping back on here. We have had a super busy week with moving.

Now that my husband has his PR when can he sponser his children or do I need to?

When can we start the process?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I do have a question... and sorry I am just jumping back on here. We have had a super busy week with moving.

Now that my husband has his PR when can he sponser his children or do I need to?

When can we start the process?
Where the children listed in his PR app? If so, it would have been easier to change them to accompanying before his DM. One less thing to do and pay for later!

It's important that they at least be listed dependants. If they weren't, they can never be sponsored by him.

If they were included as non-accompanying, then he can sponsor them any time, providing they did the medical.

Note that, despite him being the sponsor, you're still considered a cosponsor until the 36 month undertaking ends. However, there isn't an income assessment in first generation dependants.

Reactions: sylvain1

Tymir

Jul 14, 2017
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-11-2017
AOR Received.
15-01-2018
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Where the children listed in his PR app? If so, it would have been easier to change them to accompanying before his DM. One less thing to do and pay for later!

It's important that they at least be listed dependants. If they weren't, they can never be sponsored by him.

If they were included as non-accompanying, then he can sponsor them any time, providing they did the medical.

Note that, despite him being the sponsor, you're still considered a cosponsor until the 36 month undertaking ends. However, there isn't an income assessment in first generation dependants.
Yes the children were listed and they had their medical done. We did put non accompanying thou.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes the children were listed and they had their medical done. We did put non accompanying thou.
If you switched them before DM, it would have only cost the dependent fees. Unfortunately, now it's more. And they will need to eventually redo the medical.

But good news is, anytime you can pass that paperwork in!

Reactions: Tymir

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Check ecas using the sponsor information. Doing that you will see information regarding the sponsor and the principal applicant. When you see decision made on the sponsor side, that will mean the sponsor was approved.
Good morning, i tried to login on ECAS with my spouse info but it didn't work? Sorry i am noobie but should i use the same application number or does she have an specific UCI that my lawyer didn't send to us ?
thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning, i tried to login on ECAS with my spouse info but it didn't work? Sorry i am noobie but should i use the same application number or does she have an specific UCI that my lawyer didn't send to us ?
thanks
Use:
Identification Type: Application Number / Case Number
Identification Number: enter your F000xxxxxx number from your file.

Surname / Family Name: your sponsor's last (family or surname) name
Date of Birth: your sponsor's DOB
Place of Birth: your sponsor's country of birth.