29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
What?!? It's true isn't it :D

What's even funnier, is the the Canadian arm of General Dynamics (think, US military machine supplier), wants to know if I'd be interested in being a "Software Architect" for their land systems (missile defense, tanks, APCs, etc).

I don't know how far back you might have read my posts, but my career has been in Software Engineering, but I have also spent time in Telecommunications Engineering as well; in a previous life. So it's in my "wheelhouse" of career possibilities.

I'm a simple Canadian boy. I dispise armed conflict. So, you have your answer. They even offered a yuuge sum of cash (read: tens of thousands was the number put out by them; I just wanted to work from home!) for me to "relocate" 45min down the 401 in London..

Total irony in timing. Ya, no thanks.
I have read most if not all your posts!!!! even knew when you "disappeared" for bit, I even wrote you a long epistle as to why you should not go, on sending I realised you had "disappeared" for good !! :rolleyes::rolleyes: think I would face the 401 for the yuuge sum tho!!!! but good on you ;);)

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
So still I didn't get answers am I 12 months or 26 months friends
Thank you
You are on the 12 months processing time because you applied after Dec 7 2016, the agent who told you 26months didn't know what he/she was saying.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have read most if not all your posts!!!! even knew when you "disappeared" for bit, I even wrote you a long epistle as to why you should not go, on sending I realised you had "disappeared" for good !! :rolleyes::rolleyes: think I would face the 401 for the yuuge sum tho!!!! but good on you ;);)
Thanks, but I have a logistical and moral issue with it. I'll let someone else go for it.

For those wondering how the missus made out today, she didn't get called into immigration at CBSA. Instead she passed the officer an incomplete declaration card. Told them she had souviners, but didn't put a value.

However...

They just helped her fix the form quick and waved her through.

Most of this trips' delays were due to air craft (delays in leaving; delays in arriving at a gate; etc). So, mission accomplished!

TempestD

Jan 28, 2014
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
Except, housework. Ugh. I made it worse by working on the basement bathroom, and not cleaning as I went.

But, it's all done. Only a dump run, haircut and flowers remain! They were delayed leaving Frankfurt, so she won't arrive in Toronto until 5-ish...
:eek::eek::D:D as long as all is done!!!!

Last edited:

Tboychuk

Oct 21, 2015
WPG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-09-2016
Could someone direct me to the spreadsheet that has been mentioned? I'd much appreciate it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
:eek::eek::D:D as long as all is done!!!!
Oh ya. She's relaxing now. She decided against dinner. They did give her chicken in the flight, but when she arrived she was so dehydrated, etc. So, I will just whip up something small for me.

I am a bit surprised that, despite handing in an incomplete declaration, they didn't even bother to do a bag check.

Also, Lufthansa can't accept Canadian PR cards via their online check in. This may just be a transient problem, but heads up travellers!

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Queensland. I called them and there's no way I could do it online since I never had a license. No other ID as well. Thank you so much
Really that's weird , i didn't have any license in victoria as well and i told them give me a piece of paper to prove that i have no driving record after i gave them all my info

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thanks, but I have a logistical and moral issue with it. I'll let someone else go for it.

For those wondering how the missus made out today, she didn't get called into immigration at CBSA. Instead she passed the officer an incomplete declaration card. Told them she had souviners, but didn't put a value.

However...

They just helped her fix the form quick and waved her through.

Most of this trips' delays were due to air craft (delays in leaving; delays in arriving at a gate; etc). So, mission accomplished!
Great! I'm happy that everything went fine, beside small delays.

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Great! I'm happy that everything went fine, beside small delays.
Thanks. Yeah, I can handle the wait. It was worth it. I missed her :).

I did see a grumbling regarding waits. It's the official line to say it will take 26 mos. Despite most taking far, far less. But our MP did state, they have to set the expectation, in case something causes the delay

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Really that's weird , i didn't have any license in victoria as well and i told them give me a piece of paper to prove that i have no driving record after i gave them all my info
From my understanding, they are different state. Different procedures. All I can do now is apply by mail and send them a letter that I requested for it and it's on the way. Thanks so much

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hello all,

Two days ago, my wife received Sponsor Approval.
Today I got an email with a letter attached saying - "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for Permanent Residence as a member of the Inland spouse class. Final decision will not be made until medical, background, security checks are completed."

So what is this letter ?? Is this the Approval in Principle (AIP) everyone mentions here. It means that they believe in our relationship (finally) and they are now only left with other background checks. The next step is Decision made. . .right ??

How long will it take to complete the other requirements I mentioned above ? I have had a pretty simple life and our country has good relations with Canada.

And now can I apply for OHIP with this letter I received today and the 3 month time will start ?

Thanks a lot

You all have a good weekend.

Les bleus

May 12, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am August 2016 sponsorship applicant. On June 29th, I received an email from CIC requesting me to complete the Schedule A form and I was given a month to do so. I completed this form and sent it back to CIC through the web form. However, I received another email from CIC today requesting me to complete the Schedule A form again. I am very sure that I completed the form as requested the first time without leaving any gaps in-between the months... I made sure that all the months were accounted for (here is the format I used the first time From 2017-09 to 2017 - 10). Does anybody know why CIC asked me to complete this form again? Has this ever happened to anyone on this forum? What would you advise me to do?

Les bleus

May 12, 2017
Hello all,

Two days ago, my wife received Sponsor Approval.
Today I got an email with a letter attached saying - "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for Permanent Residence as a member of the Inland spouse class. Final decision will not be made until medical, background, security checks are completed."

So what is this letter ?? Is this the Approval in Principle (AIP) everyone mentions here. It means that they believe in our relationship (finally) and they are now only left with other background checks. The next step is Decision made. . .right ??

How long will it take to complete the other requirements I mentioned above ? I have had a pretty simple life and our country has good relations with Canada.

And now can I apply for OHIP with this letter I received today and the 3 month time will start ?

Thanks a lot

You all have a good weekend.
Yes, that is an AIP. Congratulations, you are almost there. Whats your application timeline?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thanks. Yeah, I can handle the wait. It was worth it. I missed her :).

I did see a grumbling regarding waits. It's the official line to say it will take 26 mos. Despite most taking far, far less. But our MP did state, they have to set the expectation, in case something causes the delay
But in that case, it's someone that applied after December 7th 2016 so the unrealistic 26 months should not even be mentioned to them. I may understand why this is an official line for those that applied before that date, although I disagree with communicating officially false information... But those applying after December 7th were promised that 80 percent would be processed in 12 months.

On another subject, is your wife taking melatonin to reduce the jetlag? That works very well on my wife and I.