AOR Received.
24-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-09-2017
Did they have anything like an application number? @GuyanaGirl did something similar about a landing taking a long time -- strange coincidence was the day they finally agreed to call, CIC sent an appointment email. Kinda feels like one of those...
No. I didn`t include my application number in the request. Only my name and address

Reactions: profiler

Virk7

Feb 16, 2016
are you in Toronto or Montreal? If you are in one of those region, that might be normal, but I would recommend to call CIC anyway.
My wife was landing in Montreal and we got the landing appointment letter about 8.5 weeks after DM, and she landed 2 weeks later.
Toronto

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
What kind of letter of proof of landing you guys got after the landing interview?
Was your just normal paper or something fancy like work permits are?
I only got normal sheet of a printed paper with stamp and signature, and officer told me to keep it until I will retirement. I don't know how to keep a sheet of paper safe so long time. All receipts etc always fade with time.. And when I went to service Canada they didn't believe its a legal paper because it was just sheet of paper printed out?? The officer there said normally landing papers are different so that's why Im wondering..
Is DM letter same as the interview letter? I have message on mycic saying below is your final decision but there is nothing. Frustrating since this should be over and done. I want all documents what belongs to me :D

Last edited:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So that might be yet "normal", but I would try calling CIC. It's difficult to get a line, but it worth trying. If after several attempts, you cannot get through, I would recommend that the sponsor contact the local MP saying that you tried several times to call directly CIC but you were not successful (it's important to mention it, because it shows you tried on your own before seeking help). You explain to the MP that you got your DM 8 weeks ago and you are still waiting for a landing interview. The MPs have a direct line to CIC, so they should be able to know very rapidly what is happening with your file.

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
You might want to ask in the inland 2017 thread, as the 2017 process is dramatically different than 2016.

That said, you might want to call CIC's call centre to ask for a status update from them. 888-242-2100
Thank you Profiler so much
I called them so many times but they said it's normal :(
I saw on Inland Spousal Sponsorship Timeline , March Applicant like me they all had police certificat & schedule A request already :(

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
What kind of letter of proof of landing you guys got after the landing interview?
Was your just normal paper or something fancy like work permits are?
I only got normal sheet of a printed paper with stamp and signature, and officer told me to keep it until I will retirement. I don't know how to keep a sheet of paper safe so long time. All receipts etc always fade with time.. And when I went to service Canada they didn't believe its a legal paper because it was just sheet of paper printed out?? The officer there said normally landing papers are different so that's why Im wondering..
Is DM letter same as the interview letter?
no DM letter is different from your CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). Indeed, it's printed on a legal paper... and yes you should keep it for your whole life. What I did for my wife was to scan it, so we will do everything we can to protect the original copy, but if anything happens, at least we will have a scanned copy.

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
no DM letter is different from your CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence). Indeed, it's printed on a legal paper... and yes you should keep it for your whole life. What I did for my wife was to scan it, so we will do everything we can to protect the original copy, but if anything happens, at least we will have a scanned copy.
Thank you.
Do you think I need the DM letter too, just for my records? Or is this CoPR and PR card which coming in mail, enough?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you.
Do you think I need the DM letter too, just for my records? Or is this CoPR and PR card which coming in mail, enough?
Our DM letter was already in a pdf, we did not receive the hard copy. We kept a copy of everything CIC sent us, but honestly, just the CoPR and the PR card are important.

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Our DM letter was already in a pdf, we did not receive the hard copy. We kept a copy of everything CIC sent us, but honestly, just the CoPR and the PR card are important.
We haven't got it in the pdf either.
Mycic says the final decision is in messages below but there is only the old medical request.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
We haven't got it in the pdf either.
Mycic says the final decision is in messages below but there is only the old medical request.
Your CoPR is what you need. You have to keep that plain paper in a safe place

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you Profiler so much
I called them so many times but they said it's normal :(
I saw on Inland Spousal Sponsorship Timeline , March Applicant like me they all had police certificat & schedule A request already :(
Did you ask for a status update? Did they actually check your file? They may be right, but if you're really worried, you could get the sponsor to ask your MP to check into it for you...

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Did you ask for a status update? Did they actually check your file? They may be right, but if you're really worried, you could get the sponsor to ask your MP to check into it for you...
Hi profiler,
Yes, i asked them, then they said in their system..they saw that agent created and prepared a letter or form about police certificate request but it's still there, agent did not send it out yet..for maybe some reason ? :( That makes me feel worried...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi profiler,
Yes, i asked them, then they said in their system..they saw that agent created and prepared a letter or form about police certificate request but it's still there, agent did not send it out yet..for maybe some reason ? :( That makes me feel worried...
Mistake maybe. You can use IRCC web form to send them files, even if they didn't ask for it.

Reactions: chloecanada

rizaki

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
is it even possible to get through to an agent by phoning anymore? it seems in the past it was, but lately it always goes to the "we can't connect you to an agent" recording. It takes a long time just to get to that recording, so unless you have nothing better to do than sit on the phone all day pressing buttons and calling over and over and over and over, I don't see any hope in actually getting through to talk to anyone (and anyways, the recording of your status pretty much spells everything out anyways, "we are processing your background check" etc..... probably no reason to bother them by calling anyways if the staff is actually working on cases rather than wasting time talking on the phone telling us the exact same things we already can get on ecas, I bet if one actually were to get through they would just say "we are processing your background check")

I fear that the border jumpers that we are reading about that are crossing by the thousands are taking away resources that would have been helping finish the cases that have gone through proper channels and have been waiting over a year, it is like the system is in a standstill from the perspective of a lot of us

anyways, that is my vent for the day, another week going by with zero progress :(