+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

skg26

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know if @profiler knows a better way, but you can withdraw using this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

I know your study permit allows you to work, but from the time you finished your degree, I'm not fully sure you still can use your study permit to work... so I would keep quiet the fact that you are currently working.
Thank you for your replies. I have withdrawn my PGWP application using the web form.
Regarding working on study permit, I read this "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15" and it says that you are eligible to work while waiting for your PGWP.
And also, I started working on the day I received my landing interview request, so essentially, I couldn't inform before that.
Even now, should I keep mum about working?
If not, should I fill out the same web form to let CIC know about my employment?
Please advice.

Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for your replies. I have withdrawn my PGWP application using the web form.
Regarding working on study permit, I read this "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15" and it says that you are eligible to work while waiting for your PGWP.
And also, I started working on the day I received my landing interview request, so essentially, I couldn't inform before that.
If not, should I fill out the same web form to let CIC know about my employment?
Please advice.

Thanks.
You shouldn't be working once you have requested to withdraw. That said, if you have your landing letter, you *could* request a few days off until you land. But in reality, if your employer doesn't have your SIN (yet), or they do, no one will likely catch on that you worked during a transition period....

Reactions: sylvain1

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Please advice.

Thanks.
Thank you for the link, I really wasn't sure about that.
There is no need to inform CIC of a new employer during the spousal sponsorship, so I would keep quiet about it anyway.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I have helped someone with a similar letter. Looks like they sent you a request for more proof, and not enough proof was sent. See the Co-habitation heading from my previous post here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-894#post-6105394

That is right from the officer's processing manual. Those are the proofs they will expect. You can literally send them anything that states your address and her address. Driver's licenses or other forms of provincial ID is perfect for this. But you can use bank statements, doctor (dentist, vet, etc) receipts showing address (statement of account??), etc. You need to send as much proof as you can possibly find now, as the procedural fairness letter means they are about to refuse your case. So, send them absolutely every piece of mail the PA has received with an address on it (as much as possible).
And @nomensland I would add to @profiler message to also include proofs dating from January-February 2016, not only recent ones, as the letter seems to mention that the agent is not convinced that you were cohabiting since the beginning of your application.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Am waiting for my letter as well, i am september 1 and we got DM on SA and PA with my sponsor getting her letter saying you are responsible for this man for the next 3 yrs. . No excuses lol congrats
I wonder how long it will take to get our landing invite.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I wonder how long it will take to get our landing invite.
I don't think that Halifax is a very busy office, so my guess would be you get the landing appointment letter 1-2 weeks after DM and you land 2 weeks after the letter.

Reactions: lexmark

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
we already are at the 16 month point .. nothing has changed, at this rate we will be lucky to be done in 24 months :(

I understand why your angeryou, your turn will come

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Am waiting for my letter as well, i am september 1 and we got DM on SA and PA with my sponsor getting her letter saying you are responsible for this man for the next 3 yrs. . No excuses lol congrats
I was hoping my letter would have arrived as quickly as my wife's. . . but.. . since the door is already half way open and I have been coached properly in being patient. . :( I just continue same way. At this stage its a lot less stressful

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I was hoping my letter would have arrived as quickly as my wife's. . . but.. . since the door is already half way open and I have been coached properly in being patient. . :( I just continue same way. At this stage its a lot less stressful
I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating...
The emails being sent out can be delayed by infrastructure problems. Mailing systems generally can handle a few hundred thousand messages a day. Put into perspective, they would be near or over capacity. I do know, that there are two servers that handle this (I did some digging, for a friend; right @browning911?) presently. If one silently fails, the queue will exponentially grow until it's discovered. We do know that, they had contracted Bell Canada to replace their mail system -- but Bell failed the Canadian Government (after they stole the money).

So, we are now sitting, faced with older infrastructure that can fail, from time to time. The results are delayed messages, messages sent out of order, or messages that just aren't delivered at all. Them's the breaks for using a faster delivery system than snail mail.

For a backgrounder:
Original story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-email-system-halted-1.3565191
Failure: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-email-bell-ssc-1.4129528

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
that is scary to hear, lives are in limbo based on the whim of the agent, best of luck to you, I can't even imagine what I'll do and feel if we get turned down for PR, my spouse is my life, but economically I can't leave my work and move away from Canada where I was born, the power the agents have over our very existence is extreme and it makes me stressed out beyond belief just thinking about it

best of luck to you, this whole process sucks
But the thing is that the approval is not based on the whim of the agent... it's based on the extent of proofs you submit to them. They have guidelines to follow. Nobody will get the PR application refused for nothing and when they are not satisfied with the proofs you submitted, they don't simply refuse you, they give you all opportunities to address their concerns.
If I understood correctly the previous post of @nomensland, they got a request in May; they sent some proofs of cohabitation and then they got again a request, because what they submitted was not satisfactory to prove their cohabitation since the beginning of the application. CIC agent won't refuse an application easily, they will give you all opportunities to address their concerns. I'm a deeply convinced that if nomensland provide CIC with proofs of cohabitation that spreads in time starting from January-February 2016 until recent months, their application will be approved.
So, again, don't overstress with the process. If CIC is not satisfied with what you submitted, you will get all opportunities to address their concerns. Your approval is only a matter of time.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
But the thing is that the approval is not based on the whim of the agent... it's based on the extent of proofs you submit to them. They have guidelines to follow. Nobody will get the PR application refused for nothing and when they are not satisfied with the proofs you submitted, they don't simply refuse you, they give you all opportunities to address their concerns.
If I understood correctly the previous post of @nomensland, they got a request in May; they sent some proofs of cohabitation and then they got again a request, because what they submitted was not satisfactory to prove their cohabitation since the beginning of the application. CIC agent won't refuse an application easily, they will give you all opportunities to address their concerns. I'm a deeply convinced that if nomensland provide CIC with proofs of cohabitation that spreads in time starting from January-February 2016 until recent months, their application will be approved.
So, again, don't overstress with the process. If CIC is not satisfied with what you submitted, you will get all opportunities to address their concerns. Your approval is only a matter of time.
Sounds like the system which is ideal (in the sense that they provide lots of time and allowances to correct files; not in the sense of processing times or communication) , is actually working. That's exactly what I would expect. They've been given a 3rd chance to submit proofs.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating...
The emails being sent out can be delayed by infrastructure problems. Mailing systems generally can handle a few hundred thousand messages a day. Put into perspective, they would be near or over capacity. I do know, that there are two servers that handle this (I did some digging, for a friend; right @browning911?) presently. If one silently fails, the queue will exponentially grow until it's discovered. We do know that, they had contracted Bell Canada to replace their mail system -- but Bell failed the Canadian Government (after they stole the money).

So, we are now sitting, faced with older infrastructure that can fail, from time to time. The results are delayed messages, messages sent out of order, or messages that just aren't delivered at all. Them's the breaks for using a faster delivery system than snail mail.

For a backgrounder:
Original story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-email-system-halted-1.3565191
Failure: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-email-bell-ssc-1.4129528
I didn't know about that! Thanks for sharing! That won't do anything to improve my feeling about Bell...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I didn't know about that! Thanks for sharing! That won't do anything to improve my feeling about Bell...
At least if people understand why they may get messages out of order, or none at all, it might ease the distress.

Yeah, I hate Bell. They called me one saturday morning -- woke me up from a dead sleep at 7am, to ask about a mobility bill that was 5 days due ($70; and not actually overdue). When I pointed that out to them, they got rude. Imagine... 7am... getting up in someone's face for 5 days passed the due date, because we'd just had my son and it slipped my mind.

Out came my visa, I paid out my bill, my contract, then asked to be transfered to BellTV to cancel that account as well. I haven't looked back since.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
At least if people understand why they may get messages out of order, or none at all, it might ease the distress.

Yeah, I hate Bell. They called me one saturday morning -- woke me up from a dead sleep at 7am, to ask about a mobility bill that was 5 days due ($70; and not actually overdue). When I pointed that out to them, they got rude. Imagine... 7am... getting up in someone's face for 5 days passed the due date, because we'd just had my son and it slipped my mind.

Out came my visa, I paid out my bill, my contract, then asked to be transfered to BellTV to cancel that account as well. I haven't looked back since.
The last time I had any business with Bell was over 15 years ago... They keep coming regularly to my door, but they could give me their services for free that I would not go back with them!

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The last time I had any business with Bell was over 15 years ago... They keep coming regularly to my door, but they could give me their services for free that I would not go back with them!
Yeah I dropped all my services in October of 2013. Same day... BellTV tried very hard to convince me that they are not at all connected to Bell. heh.

Me: "Not the same company? Not even the Umbrella that you are now 'being forced' to use?? Isn't it illegal to brand yourself with someone else's company name???"

They capitulated. Every so often they ask me to come back. I told them I stream IPTV now, and I won't look back. That was our last conversation.