+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Didn't see that in my notes but sounds like you can expect your application to be done within the year and not in the initial 26 months period
It was in the final page of the gcsm notes i.e., at the foot of the page.
Cic, common throw me a bone. Completely in the dark as to what is going on. Gcsm notes completely useless

Last edited:

JagmeetSingh046

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
SA 09-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2016
Med's Request
01-06-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Landed. So happy today. Just got time to update, everyone was congratulating since morning.
Here is my timeline:
Application received: April 27, 2016
AOR#1: May 27, 2016
AOR#2: June 29, 2016
PCC Request: August 10, 2016
PCC sent with additional relationship proofs: September 19, 2016
Medican Requested & Done: June 1, 2017
Fingerprinting PCC Request & Done: June 7, 2017
SA: June 9, 2017
AIP: June 16, 2017
Case office called to confirm address on file: July 6, 2017
DM Letter: Never Received
Landing Letter: July 7, 2017
LANDED: July 20, 2017 at Edmonton.
Here is my experience at landing office:
Our appointment was scheduled for 9:00 AM and we were there by 8:35 and took us about 3-5 minutes to find that exact suite # in that building. When we entered in there were already 5 people waiting and the security guard at the front door asked us if we are here for landing appointment ans gave us a number 6 card. And we waited for almost 5-10 minutes in there and we could see there two ladies came in to those cabins and after a lil while they started calling up people by the number in the que. It hardly took them 10 minutes to get done with those 5 who were next to us and all if them got PR, and they were happy. We could hear those two ladies asking them questions very politely. All the nervousness just went away and number 6 got called we went to that window and she asked me first for the card that security guard gave us and for the landing letter. After checking that she asked for passport of PA, DL of Sponsor, one photo of PA and all the permits I had, and she just threw them away in the garbage bin, and she told me won't be needing them from today. I kinda guessed so there is going to be no problem, NOT TODAY. Then asked us if we have any questions so far, we answered no. Then she asked
1. If any of us have ever committed any crime or been convicted? No
2. Do we have any not listed dependents or children either here or back home? No
3. Have you ever been refused entry to Canada or asked to leave? Answer: Just got denied for work permit twice. She just smiled and asked again I meant if you ever got deported? Answer: No

Then she printed out two copies of COPR and asked me to initial in front of my answers that I had given and sign at the bottem for both of them. Then she did put picture on one and kept on a side and explained to me on the other one that I have to keep it safe because I will be needing it to apply for citizenship. She congratulated us both and told that I would be receiving PR card in 8-10 weeks. She also informed us that we can go right across of their building at Service Canada and get a permanent SIN. All of it including waiting time, being early for appointment and getting the SIN took about 35-40 minutes.
Finally a Permanent Resident Of Canada. #Relaxed

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Landed. So happy today. Just got time to update, everyone was congratulating since morning.
Here is my timeline:
Fingerprinting PCC Request: June 7, 2017
Our appointment was scheduled for 9:00 AM and we were there by 8:35 and took us about 3-5 minutes to find that exact suite # in that building. When we entered in there were already 5 people waiting and the security guard at the front door asked us if we are here for landing appointment ans gave us a number 6 card. And we waited for almost 5-10 minutes in there and we could see there two ladies came in to those cabins and after a lil while they started calling up people by the number in the que. It hardly took them 10 minutes to get done with those 5 who were next to us and all if them got PR, and they were happy. We could hear those two ladies asking them questions very politely. All the nervousness just went away and number 6 got called we went to that window and she asked me first for the card that security guard gave us and for the landing letter. After checking that she asked for passport of PA, DL of Sponsor, one photo of PA and all the permits I had, and she just threw them away in the garbage bin, and she told me won't be needing them from today. I kinda guessed so there is going to be no problem, NOT TODAY. Then asked us if we have any questions so far, we answered no. Then she asked
2. Do we have any not listed dependents or children either here or back home? No
3. Have you ever been refused entry to Canada or asked to leave? Answer: Just got denied for work permit twice. She just smiled and asked again I meant if you ever got deported? Answer: No

Then she printed out two copies of COPR and asked me to initial in front of my answers that I had given and sign at the bottem for both of them. Then she did put picture on one and kept on a side and explained to me on the other one that I have to keep it safe because I will be needing it to apply for citizenship. She congratulated us both and told that I would be receiving PR card in 8-10 weeks. She also informed us that we can go right across of their building at Service Canada and get a permanent SIN. All of it including waiting time, being early for appointment and getting the SIN took about 35-40 minutes.
Congrats!

Reactions: JagmeetSingh046

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Here is my timeline:
Fingerprinting PCC Request: June 7, 2017

Ahh hopefully that's me soon! Congrats again!

utopia2016

Jun 13, 2017
Congrats!
Hi Profiler, may I ask you a question?
I received the landing letter on July 18, and it stated "Please reply to this email and advise if you will be unable to attend this appointment." I replied and explained that we cannot attend the review on the specified date as my sponsor will be traveling for conference that day. But I haven't got any reply to that email yet. I hope the request of rescheduling the interview didn't cause any problem?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Profiler, may I ask you a question?
I received the landing letter on July 18, and it stated "Please reply to this email and advise if you will be unable to attend this appointment." I replied and explained that we cannot attend the review on the specified date as my sponsor will be traveling for conference that day. But I haven't got any reply to that email yet. I hope the request of rescheduling the interview didn't cause any problem?
Shouldn't be. Did they also leave a number you could call? You can also try the call centre (888-242-2100) to ask to reschedule.

Reactions: utopia2016

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Here is my timeline:

Congratulations!

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Here is my timeline:

Thanks for sharing and congratulations to you

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
My medicals expired on July 5, going by its lifespan of 1 year. I hope cic wont ask me to do another medicals. Anybody had cic ask thm to do it twice?

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
Hubby landed on Monday, July 17, 2017 at 3:15 p.m. at Etobicoke.
I'm a bit late lol sometimes it's hard to catch up on this forum. Huge congratulations to you though!!! Best wishes

Reactions: browning911

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My medicals expired on July 5, going by its lifespan of 1 year. I hope cic wont ask me to do another medicals. Anybody had cic ask thm to do it twice?
My wife. She was 3 months over the expiry when they asked.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm a bit late lol sometimes it's hard to catch up on this forum. Huge congratulations to you though!!! Best wishes
You have to watch it daily -- otherwise it will grow by 10 pages without you even knowing!