Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@ profiler, sylvain, carol b, guyana gurl, browning etc, can any one of you please, look up your initial gcsm notes and tell me what is written against the Principal Applicant's 'Type of address'. The words 'entered in error' was written against mine in the first gcsm notes and it was written in this second one again as 'entered in error' with the fonts and paragraph changed. My sponsors Type of address is written 'residence'. I know that I have asked this question before, however, the replication in this latest gcsm notes bothers me.
I did not order notes

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@ profiler, sylvain, carol b, guyana gurl, browning etc, can any one of you please, look up your initial gcsm notes and tell me what is written against the Principal Applicant's 'Type of address'. The words 'entered in error' was written against mine in the first gcsm notes and it was written in this second one again as 'entered in error' with the fonts and paragraph changed. My sponsors Type of address is written 'residence'. I know that I have asked this question before, however, the replication in this latest gcsm notes bothers me.
My whole sponsor record says entered in error. They did two searches.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
I went abroad while my pr app was in progress and came back wilthout hassles. I have a multi entry 'wisa' (as Profiler would always call it) wonder if that is an actual word or a German way to pronounce it as they interchange W for V in pronouncement. I would love to travel soon but the thing is I dont want to push my luck and get turned back especially because of the note in my gcsmnotes which says 'entered in error'. Anybody who has a recent travel experience?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
For us it was "residence" for both the sponsor and the applicant, and in both sets of notes we ordered.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
For me, there is a "Party Details" record, that has our info (because I was the "unpaid rep" for my wife). It has a "Disassoc Reason" "Entered in Error". Address type is "Residence"

Wisa is a Ruskie thing. They really struggle for some reason to pronounce the "V", despite using it actively in everyday language.

I'd offer to review the notes to see if I find anything that would be an issue, but it sounds like you have a handle on it. The only other thing you can do is perhaps talk to your MP, or take up fishing (I can hear @TempestD's eyes rolling from here!) ;). My wife did avoid travel, but is headed home for two weeks in about 2 weeks time...

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi All,

Good news !! 10 days, after submission of medical request ,my wife has got an email (16th July 2017)that interview will be scheduled at Etobicoke IRCC center.
application is inland spouse sponsor.
Does someone can please answer:

1) Is it a landing interview or does she need to go after the inv to do landing via any bridge connecting to USA like Niagra etc..

2) Do they send appointment request via email or phone? how long usually it takes to get appointment call from date you receive email for inv. (my wife has a planned trip out of canada starting tomorrow(19th July 2017) for 3 weeks, she is on valid work permit and visa upon her return, but I am afraid if we get landing interview call in between so what are the options we have , can we reschedule it? or should she cancel her trip)

3) I read few posts that it's a simple inv there but if someone has given any inv recently, please share your experience.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi All,

Good news !! 10 days, after submission of medical request ,my wife has got an email (16th July 2017)that interview will be scheduled at Etobicoke IRCC center.
application is inland spouse sponsor.
Does someone can please answer:

1) Is it a landing interview or does she need to go after the inv to do landing via any bridge connecting to USA like Niagra etc..

2) Do they send appointment request via email or phone? how long usually it takes to get appointment call from date you receive email for inv. (my wife has a planned trip out of canada starting tomorrow(19th July 2017) for 3 weeks, she is on valid work permit and visa upon her return, but I am afraid if we get landing interview call in between so what are the options we have , can we reschedule it? or should she cancel her trip)

3) I read few posts that it's a simple inv there but if someone has given any inv recently, please share your experience.
1 No do not do this.

2 typically email. But if they are trying to fit you in ASAP, they may call.

3 browning911 landed there yesterday. Check her previous post from around 2 or 3pm ET July 18.

EDIT: Here is the post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates.389295/page-1108#post-6192853

Last edited:
Reactions: browning911

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
For us it was "residence" for both the sponsor and the applicant, and in both sets of notes we ordered.
Then that means that the replication of the term 'entered in error' in my notes is symbolic or significant I would say. My initial thoughts upon seeing it the first time is that the probably felt that my trv was issued in error. The decision to keep holding back some part of my notes is fuelling this suspicion. Gap in address history, been wondering ever since what I left out and cant figure it out yet

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
For me, there is a "Party Details" record, that has our info (because I was the "unpaid rep" for my wife). It has a "Disassoc Reason" "Entered in Error". Address type is "Residence"
Please, how do i send an unrequested document. I am strongly considering sending a fresh address history and family forms. I guess that might throw me to the back of the bus again.

Wisa is a Ruskie thing. They really struggle for some reason to pronounce the "V", despite using it actively in everyday language.

I'd offer to review the notes to see if I find anything that would be an issue, but it sounds like you have a handle on it. The only other thing you can do is perhaps talk to your MP, or take up fishing (I can hear @TempestD's eyes rolling from here!) ;). My wife did avoid travel, but is headed home for two weeks in about 2 weeks time...

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
What number do i need to call if i want to speak to cic on the status of my application?
1-888-242-2100, but it takes a lot of patience... most of the time, all lines are busy.

Reactions: dskeard

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
1-888-242-2100, but it takes a lot of patience... most of the time, all lines are busy.
yes, lots of patience and perseverance....tried all day yesterday, couldnt even get put on hold.
Trying again today, hoping for better luck.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Then that means that the replication of the term 'entered in error' in my notes is symbolic or significant I would say. My initial thoughts upon seeing it the first time is that the probably felt that my trv was issued in error. The decision to keep holding back some part of my notes is fuelling this suspicion. Gap in address history, been wondering ever since what I left out and cant figure it out yet
I actually very strongly disagree here. If there is an address record that states it's a residence, there is no issue.

As I said, the notes are hard to read. So if you're looking for trouble, you'll find it. They are not intended for normal people to read, but rather very verbose and include everything -- even innocuous mistakes.

So, if there is an address, I would strongly disagree that this is a problem, at all.

By all means, call -- I am trying to help you avoid the patience test, and any additional potential frustration from the call centre WRT poor information provided (they are notorious for this).

Last edited:
Reactions: browning911