IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
This morning I received a landing interview for July 27th at 8am in ETOBIKOE!!!!! :D
I was going to ask, as I hadn't heard yet. Congrats!

Reactions: browning911

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me out.

I applied to sponsor my husband. On June 27th, the requested police certificate and passport, through the case specific enquiry I advised them that he didn't need clearance certificate (based on where he is from) also he didn't have a passport as he had previously applied for refugee (still waiting for his court over a year- the CBSA keeps his pasport). on June 30th we received the AIP, and SA. On June 30th we also received a letter requesting Background Schedule A and Additional Family information, I sent that to them. We just got another letter on July 13 stating that they need it again, I went over it and realized I made a mistake and completely missed one full year in the 10 year check thing, I re sent everything last night.
Now my question is, him not having a passport is that an issue? Also if he got the AIP why are they requesting this additional information after? will that delay everything now? When can I expect to get a DM /Landing interview for him.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me out.

I applied to sponsor my husband. On June 27th, the requested police certificate and passport, through the case specific enquiry I advised them that he didn't need clearance certificate (based on where he is from) also he didn't have a passport as he had previously applied for refugee (still waiting for his court over a year- the CBSA keeps his pasport). on June 30th we received the AIP, and SA. On June 30th we also received a letter requesting Background Schedule A and Additional Family information, I sent that to them. We just got another letter on July 13 stating that they need it again, I went over it and realized I made a mistake and completely missed one full year in the 10 year check thing, I re sent everything last night.
Now my question is, him not having a passport is that an issue? Also if he got the AIP why are they requesting this additional information after? will that delay everything now? When can I expect to get a DM /Landing interview for him.
Whoa wait a second...

He has to send the passport siezure form from CBSA. More importantly, and correct me if I am wrong here, but you cannot have a Refugee claim in parallel with Family Sponsorship. I am reasonably certain these are mutually exclusive. So, if he has AIP (and you're 100% certain), I think you'd better withdraw that Refugee claim. I'd check with your MP tomorrow. Because a failed Refugee claim can result in a 5 year ban on any other applications to Canada...

Adding new case info will cause a delay at this stage. If I am right in my statement above, that's a good thing to buy you time to drop the IRB claim..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just Got a message today on MyCic: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

I hope SA and AIP will come this week. fingers crossed.

July 22, 2016 Applicant here :)
What does ECAS say (sign in as sponsor)

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
Thanks so much everybody!

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Whoa wait a second...

He has to send the passport siezure form from CBSA. More importantly, and correct me if I am wrong here, but you cannot have a Refugee claim in parallel with Family Sponsorship. I am reasonably certain these are mutually exclusive. So, if he has AIP (and you're 100% certain), I think you'd better withdraw that Refugee claim. I'd check with your MP tomorrow. Because a failed Refugee claim can result in a 5 year ban on any other applications to Canada...

Adding new case info will cause a delay at this stage. If I am right in my statement above, that's a good thing to buy you time to drop the IRB claim..
The refugee claim was made before applying for sponsorship, he had a lawyer for the Refugee stuff, she advised us to apply for sponsorship along side and whichever got processed faster to cancel the other one. On my application for sponsorship I included all the information that states we applied for it and that's why he doesn't have a passport, so we never gave any passport information. We are going to the IRC office tomorrow to withdraw the claim because he got the AIP ( the letter that states he has met the eligibility requirements for a PR) hopefully they can guide us on how to get passport back. I did notice on someones Landing interview letter there was a section that stated CIC will request to get Passport back from CBSA.
What is a MP?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The refugee claim was made before applying for sponsorship, he had a lawyer for the Refugee stuff, she advised us to apply for sponsorship along side and whichever got processed faster to cancel the other one. On my application for sponsorship I included all the information that states we applied for it and that's why he doesn't have a passport, so we never gave any passport information. We are going to the IRC office tomorrow to withdraw the claim because he got the AIP ( the letter that states he has met the eligibility requirements for a PR) hopefully they can guide us on how to get passport back. I did notice on someones Landing interview letter there was a section that stated CIC will request to get Passport back from CBSA.
What is a MP?
There it is...bad lawyer..

I see the others answered the other query. Ya drop the IRB claim asap.

If you had reasonable bona fide for your sponsorship file, then an IRB claim shouldn't have been made. It added additional pressure to an already overloaded system, and if the IRB file was heard and refused before your decision on sponsorship, then CIC would have refused the file based on Refugee rules... Did they advise you of that? That would have been a disaster :(

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Reactions: browning911

Cianna1003

Jul 17, 2017
Hi there good people. I'm new to this forum. We are June 2015 applicant. We received our AIP last October 2016, after that no news from IRCC. I just want to know if there's any June 2015 pending in the same boat as mine. My work permit is gonna expire on September and my lawyer wanted us to renew again for another set of fees. I have read that it takes 4mos to process the work permit extension at this time. Looking forward to landing in Etobicoke. Kindly advise. Please and thank you.