+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Passport sent with the application was expiring so June 6 they asked me to send copy of the new passport. I also had to resend the schedule A on June 6 due to a missing address.

Application was received April 27, 2016.
Thanks.My application received Aug.2016 , last month they asked for medical.Medical received and last week they asked for Marriage certificate from civic authority and sent already.Today I received my visitor status extension approval in mail.

Reactions: dominicantiguan

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone answer me - I came into Canada as a visitor and we applied for Inland spouse PR along with OWP in 2016 Nov, Ive got my OWP approved in March 2017 and i started to work. While my PR application is in process, i want to know if i have to travel out of country what are my options ? my visitor visa that i came in got expired in May 2017 and i didnt bother to extend as i have got my OWP then. I dont have any intention of travel out anytime soon, in case of an emergency i would like to know my options.
Thanks in Advance
As @dominicantiguan said, it's possible. CIC has been known to tolerate short trips abroad. The acceptable time is subjective, but less than a month seems to be tolerated.

Your OWP doesn't permit border traversal, so it sounds like you'd need a visa regardless to re-enter. Also, as stated, it's totally up to the CBSA officer you encounter, whether or not they will permit re-entry. They will assess you for "dual intent" (Google: dual intent CIC).

Effectively seeing if you have sufficient ties to your country of origin to ensure that you will return home on a failed PR application. Dual intent means you are seeking a temporary residency while a permanent residence application is active. So be prepared to prove you'll go home. Also bring your OWP and a paystub (proves source of income).

If the CBSA refuses re-entry, you could have your application refused due to abandonment (you left).

Reactions: Yas-incanada-spouse

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks.My application received Aug.2016 , last month they asked for medical.Medical received and last week they asked for Marriage certificate from civic authority and sent already.Today I received my visitor status extension approval in mail.
Why did you apply for a visitor visa when you have an OWP?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Still waiting for DM (PA).

Good to know that sometimes the appeals for excessive demand are sometimes successful. Minister Ahmed Hussen said he would be looking into those types of cases and consulting with each province.

He will be in Toronto and will be part of an Immigration Town Hall on Wednesday evening from 6:00-7:00 p.m. at Scarborough Civic Centre. Apparently he will provide an update on recent immigration initiatives, including the passage of Bill C-6 and reductions in processing times for spousal sponsorship, and take questions from attendees.

Edited: I just got through to IRCC through Citizenship line and call center person said still doing security and nothing needed from us. Same as last couple of weeks when we checked.

Also finally got a response to the technical glitch requesting additional documents via e-mail last week and told was an error and nothing needed.

great you been in it almost 16 months

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Why did you apply for a visitor visa when you have an OWP?
I didnt received my OWP yet.They received OWP application in February but I sent restoration application in March.I dont know if I receive my OWP soon after visitor approval or I receive my AIP sooner?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I didnt received my OWP yet.They received OWP application in February but I sent restoration application in March.I dont know if I receive my OWP soon after visitor approval or I receive my AIP sooner?
Oh I thought I read you had.. my bad!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

ashd85

May 26, 2017
When applying for open work permit do we still need to fill out the declaration of common law form if we are legally married? and if so how do we go about filling it out?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
When applying for open work permit do we still need to fill out the declaration of common law form if we are legally married? and if so how do we go about filling it out?
One or the other. A marriage certificate or the Stat Decl of Common Law Union.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone!
Hoping someone could help me. Am uploading my Police check into my cic account and its asking a couple questions I'm not sure of...

Document name: Which I'm assuming Police check
Document Number: Which number would this be?

Issue date: Would this be the date i got my police check?
Expiry date? Not sure what date this would be

Any information would be appreciated!
Thanks!