Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
what is confusing to me, is how it says "Decision Made" on the sponsor side, but when I click on it there is no further information about the decision, it just lists the original dates, and the applicant side still shows "application received" with nothing much other than "medical results received", it has been like this for awhile with no changes
that's normal. Mine was like that from april 22nd until today then it changed and both are DMs now

Reactions: rizaki

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016

Ealaz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Kelowna bc
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Veg
App. Filed.......
Aud 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016 fingerprints
Med's Request
April 2017
Med's Done....
May 26 2017
I got dm on my check status today, funny I got the landing interview a couple days before but that's fine by me, so I was wondering if anyone has opted to change there apt date? I really don't want to but if they have a itinerant one closer that would be nice. They just had one in Kelowna a month ago, I'm not sure how often they pop up. Another question.....does Cic send a copr to you to take to your landing interview? If so couldn't I just go to the border(it's much closer) and land there?
I'm so happy to see everyone's applications are processing and dms are rolling. Congrats to all!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maybe I'm just too much in my head or in shock that it's finally over but I'm wondering if maybe the cic person just looked at decision made and said it was a positive response. Didn't look further into the file. What do u think?
Don't overthink it. You're approved. Nothing else to think about...

Reactions: sylvain1

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
@profiler already answered to your post, but wouldn't be possible to change your application with your wife as accompanying? That would be so much less troubles and also you would save a lot of money.

Regarding your point #3, does any of you or your wife have any family in Canada? If yes, have them write an invitation letter for your wife. If she is currently working, that's also a plus and I would suggest to apply soon for a visitor visa. Having a job, having a lease, whether in Australia or in her home country, are good to show ties abroad. The fact that she travelled is a plus also. Actually, you being yet abroad might be a plus as well. I would suggest that she tries to apply for a visa before you actually come to Canada.
Thank you for your suggestion. If I want to add her as accompanying member then I will have to apply for a CSQ. I was not sure of time to get CSQ for her. Also I am not sure whether they consider my CSQ application as a new one to calculate point based on the current rule or just give CSQ for my wife based on the fact that I already have CSQ. Those confusions made me decide to sponsor her after my PR.

Regarding your second idea of applying visitor visa for her before I arrive, I considered this option but her relationship with her sister in Canada is not that much good. So I gave up that too.

Please share your view after reading the below info:

The downside of her to get a Canada visitor visa( after I get my PR):

>She is dependent in Australia, so I am the only family tie in here.
> She is a newly graduated student, so she is still searching a job

Positive side:
> I am a student here. Theoretically, my education will complete in Australia on 2020. Thus, she has a dependent visa until 2020. Therefore, I am not going to move permanently to Canada at least until 2019, but go there to complete my PR card process this year. As she is my dependent, my ties with Australia can be considered of her, right?
> She has a good travel history on developed countries

Thank you

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Totally agree here. Switching to accompanying would mean she could collect her PR when you do... Then you subvert the requirement to get a visa for her to visit. She will have a PR Card.
Thank you for your suggestion. If I want to add her as accompanying member then I will have to apply for a CSQ. I was not sure of time to get CSQ for her. Also I am not sure whether they consider my CSQ application as a new one to calculate point based on the current rule or just give CSQ for my wife based on the fact that I already have CSQ. Those confusions made me decide to sponsor her after my PR.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I would defer to @sylvain1 here, as I live a province over. However, I think the CSQ is only permission to settle in Quebec. If that's the case, you just apply and wait the month it takes to receive.

Unless CSQ is also a Provincial Nominee Program I am unaware of...

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
I would defer to @sylvain1 here, as I live a province over. However, I think the CSQ is only permission to settle in Quebec. If that's the case, you just apply and wait the month it takes to receive.

Thank you for your suggestion.
CSQ is sponsored by Quebec. It was given to me based on the point tables and skills list Quebec had in 2012. It is noted that Federal point criterion was not used for CSQ.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
maybe I'm just too much in my head or in shock that it's finally over but I'm wondering if maybe the cic person just looked at decision made and said it was a positive response. Didn't look further into the file. What do u think?
There are no doubts in my mind, you are done! You need to plan your celebrations!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I got dm on my check status today, funny I got the landing interview a couple days before but that's fine by me, so I was wondering if anyone has opted to change there apt date? I really don't want to but if they have a itinerant one closer that would be nice. They just had one in Kelowna a month ago, I'm not sure how often they pop up. Another question.....does Cic send a copr to you to take to your landing interview? If so couldn't I just go to the border(it's much closer) and land there?
I'm so happy to see everyone's applications are processing and dms are rolling. Congrats to all!
The location of your appointment office is based on your postal code, so you cannot change the location. As you applied inland, the CoPR will be given to you at the landing interview, not before. So you cannot do a flag pole at the border.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Regarding your second idea of applying visitor visa for her before I arrive, I considered this option but her relationship with her sister in Canada is not that much good. So I gave up that too.

Please share your view after reading the below info:

The downside of her to get a Canada visitor visa( after I get my PR):

>She is dependent in Australia, so I am the only family tie in here.
> She is a newly graduated student, so she is still searching a job

Positive side:
> I am a student here. Theoretically, my education will complete in Australia on 2020. Thus, she has a dependent visa until 2020. Therefore, I am not going to move permanently to Canada at least until 2019, but go there to complete my PR card process this year. As she is my dependent, my ties with Australia can be considered of her, right?
> She has a good travel history on developed countries

Thank you
I don't know if they would recalculate your points or not. But you could call the MIDI and ask directly that question.

The idea of having her get a visitor visa prior to you getting your PR is that once you have your PR, she can use that visa to come and visit you. Then once she is here, you apply to sponsor her from inland and you apply for an OWP. In about 4 months, she will get the OWP.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

CSQ stands for Certificat de sélection du Québec. In the case of spousal sponsorship, we apply first to CIC and we are requested to apply for a CSQ later in the process. What @Missionquebec is referring to, is likely the Quebec skilled worker program. For that program you get first a CSQ and once you get it you have some procedures to complete with CIC (I'm not too familiar with the process though...).

Reactions: Missionquebec

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CSQ stands for Certificat de sélection du Québec. In the case of spousal sponsorship, we apply first to CIC and we are requested to apply for a CSQ later in the process. What @Missionquebec is referring to, is likely the Quebec skilled worker program. For that program you get first a CSQ and once you get it you have some procedures to complete with CIC (I'm not too familiar with the process though...).
I knew what it stood for. But the whole process around it, outside the family class is haze to me.

Personally, I see having to acquire more Visas (to visit), and a second PR mind boggling. They're already assessing the partner, regardless of them claiming a PR. Add $150 (or whatever the dependent fee is) to the PR and be done with it. Fees that could be lost for visitor visa(s), and fees and time for a second PR (which requires reassessment of the PA), just doesn't compute in my mind.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Reactions: Missionquebec

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I knew what it stood for. But the whole process around it, outside the family class is haze to me.

Personally, I see having to acquire more Visas (to visit), and a second PR mind boggling. They're already assessing the partner, regardless of them claiming a PR. Add $150 (or whatever the dependent fee is) to the PR and be done with it. Fees that could be lost for visitor visa(s), and fees and time for a second PR (which requires reassessment of the PA), just doesn't compute in my mind.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...
I agree and I'm not too familiar with the process either. But I know that the program was changed and the points system was changed. Now he is afraid that if he makes a change, they will assess him with the new points system, not the previous one (of when he first applied) and what I understand is that he doesn't think he would qualify under the new system.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alright, I will call them up.

I mean food as "gift" for visiting, not ok?

But for jewellery, you think it is alright to bring them here, as they are visitors, don't need to declare anything about it?

They can even bring my clothings here?
They must declare food items and they will be subject to search of their luggage. The food items have strict rules and can be seized and/or a fine imposed. My mother-in-law also wanted to bring foods into Canada for my wife. We told her not to do it, so she wouldn't be subject to that.