+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Momo0630

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Browning911 is in the same position (well, not 3 months ago). She did me a favour and called the call centre to verify a strong assumption I had. It's a delay in the processing of Security checks. Sit tight, they will be done soon enough!
I contacted my Mp, she said she's gonna call them and get back to me

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I think I would call and ask that one. I personally have not seen it, but that isn't saying much, because the only kid we have is mine and he was born Canadian in Canada. If you call them, they can verify if they have sent a medical request for that dependent...
thanks profiler as always.. i kinda debated between calling or waiting but i just wanted to bounce off my thoughts with someone first.. thank you!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Finally within 13 mnths i got my landing appointment call, so can you please tell me what questions they will be asking you? Is it gonna be a long or just a short interview?
Congratulations! It will be a very short interview that is not a test. Have you committed crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world? Do you have any dependents that are not listed on your application? To the sponsor, do you still agree to sponsor and have an undertaking engagement of 36 months starting today? So don't worry about the interview, you are done, it's time for you to plan celebrations!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Finally within 13 mnths i got my landing appointment call, so can you please tell me what questions they will be asking you? Is it gonna be a long or just a short interview?
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I contacted my Mp, she said she's gonna call them and get back to me
In your case, yes I think the MP can help you out.

Unfortunately, as of late, I think they are just trying desperately to churn through as many cases as they can. In that haste, they may overlook the "low hanging fruit" -- cases that only need a few minutes to review and approve. Additionally, it can be eMedical themselves, as they are not affiliated with CIC, and does work with other governments to provide front-line approvals on medicals as like a "second set of eyes" on the details submitted by the physician.

An MP can make a call on "the MP line" (that's an actual thing if you order your case notes, you might see it), and it might provoke a change. One such instance I recall was a DM local to me, who was waiting forever for an office that, two weeks to a month earlier had given us a landing appointment within 2 hours of ECAS saying DM. Once the MP's office actually became engaged and called, there was no reply but a landing appointment came that morning.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I really do wonder if CIC is planning a torrent of approvals before Canada Day... Considering Trump + how dreamy Justin is touting praise for CIC... it would be like the ultimate troll...
Bumping this, as I truly hope this is a thing. This would be an epic thing.

#HopingForGoodNewsForAllThisCanadaDay !

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Can I apply for OHIP and JOB when I receive my AIP?
Yes. If you do get your OWP before AIP, your employer can sign a letter that will permit you to get OHIP as well.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I got a landing interview date! - not even a month after SA and AIP. - our app was received in May of 2016, medical requested in March.

DATE: 10/07/2017 - Etobicoke

Since I got this message today I assume 10/07 is October 7 not July 10.
Congrats! Awesome!

99% chance this is for July 10th... October 7th is a Saturday... And landings are usually no more than 2 weeks away (typically).

Last edited:
Reactions: texanincanada

Momo0630

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
In your case, yes I think the MP can help you out.

Unfortunately, as of late, I think they are just trying desperately to churn through as many cases as they can. In that haste, they may overlook the "low hanging fruit" -- cases that only need a few minutes to review and approve. Additionally, it can be eMedical themselves, as they are not affiliated with CIC, and does work with other governments to provide front-line approvals on medicals as like a "second set of eyes" on the details submitted by the physician.

An MP can make a call on "the MP line" (that's an actual thing if you order your case notes, you might see it), and it might provoke a change. One such instance I recall was a DM local to me, who was waiting forever for an office that, two weeks to a month earlier had given us a landing appointment within 2 hours of ECAS saying DM. Once the MP's office actually became engaged and called, there was no reply but a landing appointment came that morning.
I hope I get some good news because m soooo fed up of waiting ,it's really frustrating