AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
That's ridiculous. The DS160 gives 36mos or something? I guess the B1/B2 is longer term? TBH: I remember the days I didn't even need ID to cross at Ontario/NY State border crossings. I could cross with anyone in my family without issue. So, I am not a US visa expert (I have never needed one).
36 months? Maybe it's something different. From what I know. DS-160 is the non immigrant from almost everyone fills out who's not a citizen of course. Then B1B2 is the visa given which is either business or pleasure but of course even though you're given multiple entries for up to 10 years it's still limited to 6 months max at a time.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
o_OIt looks to me like meds upfront makes a big difference.

Reactions: itsats

Colibri23

Dec 22, 2012
Hi I am Jennifer, Canadian citizen and Mother of one from BC. My Mexican partner has an approved ETA and will visit us (we have a 6 year old daughter) soon. I am on disability, and work part time. Of course We have been discussing the possibility of an inland spousal application with open work permit. We have not shared utilitiy accounts as we lived in the house of his Mother and accounts were in her name, but I am secondary on his credit card. Of course we have 7 years of chat logs and previous applications and photos and Facebook.... So, safer to get married before applying or do you think they will accept us as common law? He wants to join the workforce full time as soon as possible if he stays and is waffling as he has a great job currently. If I can show him he has opportunities for a great career ( He is a world class sommelier and server of 10 years, 1.5 years supervisory experience) here, and how to apply for the work permits I know it will reduce his anxiety about sacrificing to join us. We will go to the Immigrant Welcome Centre as soon as He arrives but I want to prepare in any way I can. Suggestions?

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
That's ridiculous. The DS160 gives 36mos or something? I guess the B1/B2 is longer term? TBH: I remember the days I didn't even need ID to cross at Ontario/NY State border crossings. I could cross with anyone in my family without issue. So, I am not a US visa expert (I have never needed one).
To the best of my knowledge, DS160 is the form that gives you those B1/B2 visa. The Visa can range anywhere between 1 yr and 10 years based on if it was subject to 221G

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi I am Jennifer, Canadian citizen and Mother of one from BC. My Mexican partner has an approved ETA and will visit us (we have a 6 year old daughter) soon. I am on disability, and work part time. Of course We have been discussing the possibility of an inland spousal application with open work permit. We have not shared utilitiy accounts as we lived in the house of his Mother and accounts were in her name, but I am secondary on his credit card. Of course we have 7 years of chat logs and previous applications and photos and Facebook.... So, safer to get married before applying or do you think they will accept us as common law? He wants to join the workforce full time as soon as possible if he stays and is waffling as he has a great job currently. If I can show him he has opportunities for a great career ( He is a world class sommelier and server of 10 years, 1.5 years supervisory experience) here, and how to apply for the work permits I know it will reduce his anxiety about sacrificing to join us. We will go to the Immigrant Welcome Centre as soon as He arrives but I want to prepare in any way I can. Suggestions?
I believe in order to be considered in a commonlaw relationship, you and your partner should be living in the same address for at least 1 year. As a sponsor, they will ask you to provide option C print out which will state your income, government debts and if you are receiving social assistance.

There is no income requirement but the financial requirement is that you must not be receiving welfare benefits. :)

nomensland

Apr 10, 2017
HI, everyone. I am waiting for the AIP. we did medical upfront which already more than a year. can we do the medical exam again ? in case they need it again. so we can save some time . thanks

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I was looking at C-6 today. It has passed 3 house readings, and is now in the Senate for approval and Royal Ascent into law.
It's actually back to the house of common to vote on the amendments passed by the senate. If the house accept the amendments, then great, royal ascent is coming fast. But if only partially accepted or if rejected, then it goes back to senate for another vote... and they could play ping pong like that for a while. However, I think both chambers want the law approved soon, so we should hear the good news soon, probably before the 150th Canada day!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
HI, everyone. I am waiting for the AIP. we did medical upfront which already more than a year. can we do the medical exam again ? in case they need it again. so we can save some time . thanks
unfortunately no. They're not allowing anymore upfronts. you have to wait for it to be requested. Its possible sometimes that they extend it.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
You sound right to me. And if that`s gonna be the case, I`ll be more than happy. I arrived in Canada in August 27th 2012 on work permit. Since then I have only been out for 14 days. So i believe I can get the maximum days possible and maybe even just after a year I may become eligible to apply for the citizenship. Fingers crossed for this law :) In the meantime keep waiting for PR :)
There will be a maximum of 730 half-days (prior to PR), so the earliest will be 2 years after PR which is still much better than the current 4 years after PR!

Reactions: cenker

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
i saw DM for the sponsor side on ECAS yesterday but have not received any email or anything yet, the applicant side still says "in progress".

is this normal, what are the approximate timelines for further correspondence.
that means sponsor approval, so congratulations on that part! The sponsor should receive soon an email to confirm it.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
it depends from where you are from... and which gender you are...
My wife filed the DS160 few years ago, and she got a single entry visa, valid for 3 months... And in the end, she could not go, because there was some delay to renew her Canadian study permit and visa....So if she went, she could not come back... And now, my wife having Iranian citizenship, even if the ban is being contested, we won't even try to apply for a visa. We won't spend in Trump's land...

Another story... At work, we had two Hungarian postdocs 6-7 years ago. They were married and they applied for a US visa to attend a scientific meeting. The husband got a visa valid for the duration of his passport. The wife got a single entry visa, valid for 3 months...

Colibri23

Dec 22, 2012
I believe in order to be considered in a commonlaw relationship, you and your partner should be living in the same address for at least 1 year. As a sponsor, they will ask you to provide option C print out which will state your income, government debts and if you are receiving social assistance.

There is no income requirement but the financial requirement is that you must not be receiving welfare benefits. :)
There is an axemption for PWD.

Reactions: ivan28

devour

Aug 16, 2016
Hello!

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this issue.
My partner and I just got an email that we've met the requirements and have our landing interview in 2 weeks. (Yay!). Here comes the tough part - his study permit expired yesterday (May 31st) and the grad advisor mentioned he could just stay as a visitor to finish up as he's not done doing his Masters yet and then apply for a work permit after he finishes up. But now we've gotten this letter for landing interview and his study permit is actually expired...

Should we be worried? Can we still go to the interview? Should we put in an application for extended visitor stay? I'm worried that this will come up in our landing interview and they'll decline him his PR. We've been super stressed about this and I can't find a solid answer on this issue anywhere. We don't know whether he could be considered 'implied status' since he put in his app for PR way before and has consistently extended his study permit but wasn't able to this time.

Any advice/thoughts/feedback would be appreciated!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hello!

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this issue.
My partner and I just got an email that we've met the requirements and have our landing interview in 2 weeks. (Yay!). Here comes the tough part - his study permit expired yesterday (May 31st) and the grad advisor mentioned he could just stay as a visitor to finish up as he's not done doing his Masters yet and then apply for a work permit after he finishes up. But now we've gotten this letter for landing interview and his study permit is actually expired...

Should we be worried? Can we still go to the interview? Should we put in an application for extended visitor stay? I'm worried that this will come up in our landing interview and they'll decline him his PR. We've been super stressed about this and I can't find a solid answer on this issue anywhere. We don't know whether he could be considered 'implied status' since he put in his app for PR way before and has consistently extended his study permit but wasn't able to this time.

Any advice/thoughts/feedback would be appreciated!
I maybe wrong he can still do his landing interview and if you want to do it as an extended stay after the landing he's legal I can be wrong