+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
DS160 Non Immigrant Visa, if you're from a country who has visa requirements to enter the US.
Just a visa to travel the State. I think it is Ds160.

Anyway, do you have any ideas about bringing personal belongings to Canada? Not sure if I can ask my parents to bring them here for me..

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
Sounds like server lag. AIP and Landing in the same day.. take the la ding and forget the other...
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just a visa to travel the State. I think it is Ds160.

Anyway, do you have any ideas about bringing personal belongings to Canada? Not sure if I can ask my parents to bring them here for me..
There is a form you can fill out.. Goods to follow I believe.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

You'll have to ask the landing agent about that process. My wife shipped her belongings in smaller (big for mail) boxes over 2 months to me before coming. She also packed her suitcase with only what was left behind...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..
Are you applying inland or out? Inland, I would suggest applying for the OWP. That way, you maintain status (as the PR app doesn't grant you any status until granted). It doesn't mean you have to work, but it grants you permission to remain in Canada until the permits' validity period.

That said, marriage certificate is required. If it was performed in Canada, no need to certify, as the region does that. If it was performed overseas, then it must be translated (if it's not in English) and certified.

Yes education documents should be submitted. It assists them in proving your background claims.

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
Are you applying inland or out? Inland, I would suggest applying for the OWP. That way, you maintain status (as the PR app doesn't grant you any status until granted). It doesn't mean you have to work, but it grants you permission to remain in Canada until the permits' validity period.

That said, marriage certificate is required. If it was performed in Canada, no need to certify, as the region does that. If it was performed overseas, then it must be translated (if it's not in English) and certified.

Yes education documents should be submitted. It assists them in proving your background claims.
Thanks bro.....I live outside canada ,can I give them my ECA details ?? I mean have my creditional assessment by University of toronto already or should I send them my degrees still?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks bro.....I live outside canada ,can I give them my ECA details ?? I mean have my creditional assessment by University of toronto already or should I send them my degrees still?
We sent my wife's degree and transcript. Translated and notarized. Not to say they wouldn't accept a case without, but why would you want to hide something that's easily proven, that they will find anyway, and that can speed your BG check up (they make 1 call to verify, instead of weeks tracking that time down)? Right?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
We sent my wife's degree and transcript. Translated and notarized. Not to say they wouldn't accept a case without, but why would you want to hide something that's easily proven, that they will find anyway, and that can speed your BG check up (they make 1 call to verify, instead of weeks tracking that time down)? Right?

notarized translation is not cheap when me and my husband got married my husband paid 300 cdn to get his divorce papers translated from Portuguese to English and a lawyer letter 350 to say we are free to married

SC2VHL

Mar 29, 2017
notarized translation is not cheap when me and my husband got married my husband paid 300 cdn to get his divorce papers translated from Portuguese to English and a lawyer letter 350 to say we are free to married
Yup. however, check out here. https://taontario.ca/translation/immigration/2/
$50/page and $39 every additional page.

Sometime I wish, the price that we paid for our application processing would include this cost so that we don't need to look for it.

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
My online status shows medical exam received. it means that i dont have any problem with my health or issue? am i good to go? Does anyone know how long it takes at this centre to request for my passport after they receive my medicals?

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
Congrats Botengcoke!!!! Great news.

Hubby's SA is decision made but PR is still "Application Received"

hi browing! sorry i got confused online... its says there Medical recieved...not so sure if its Decision made i will double triple check it again!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My online status shows medical exam received. it means that i dont have any problem with my health or issue? am i good to go? Does anyone know how long it takes at this centre to request for my passport after they receive my medicals?

There will be no passport request. You will get a COPR at the landing interview, and they will order your PR Card for you there and then. Takes 6-8 weeks to get.

Medicals showing received is good, as they are acknowledging them as passed. MyCIC will show them as passed as well. But when you see Decision Made on both sides, you can expect a landing interview invite.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Yup. however, check out here. https://taontario.ca/translation/immigration/2/
$50/page and $39 every additional page.

Sometime I wish, the price that we paid for our application processing would include this cost so that we don't need to look for it.

we went to the Portuguese consulate and they gave us a business card to a lady who dealt with a lawyer aND we were like OK we pay