+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

ORPHAN

Apr 12, 2017
meaningful1 said:
Spouses and common-law partners sponsored to immigrate to Canada will no longer experience a period of conditional permanent resident status. Instead, they will have full permanent resident status upon landing. The removal of the conditional permanent residence provision was confirmed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on April 28, 2017.

By eliminating the condition, the Liberal government said that it was addressing concerns that vulnerable sponsored spouses or partners may stay in abusive relationships because they are afraid of losing their permanent resident status.

Lots of people suffered under this condition. (Shake my head)
Hi meangiful1,

Can you please elaborate it clearly with example?
thanks

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
fabianonetto said:
I know. Thanks for your great support. Some people think it's simple. Like profile said it doesn't matter too much since his wife wakes up and goes to work everyday. Good for them but my situation is a little bit different and I'll try to summarize it for you

We applied inland end of May 2016. At that time we were told by our lawyer that the processing time was about the same for both inland and outland which was a total lie especially cause our home country (Brazil) used to be one of the fastest ones to process outland applications. To be honest we'd rather be apart from each other for some months than going through all this. Anyway, we decided not to apply for an OWP for my wife once her English skills are really basic, almost none to be very honest and our thought was "how's she gonna get a job without speaking the language?"

We decided to wait for a bit and let her do some English classes. That was another issue too cause we thought that at least with AIP she would be able to do English classes paying local rates. It's not like that so we had to pay like $7 an hour. That comes out to something between 400-700 a month. On a single source of income, you can imagine that it's not reasonable so she, unfortunately, had to leave her classes after a couple months.

Next thing, once she's not eligible for OHIP we were like "OK, there may be some private health insurances right?" Wrong again, it's insane how there are no regular health insurances in Canada and you can only apply for Visitors Insurance that covers emergency/urgency costs. So sponsored spouses get to a limbo. My wife has good health but she has some existing conditions that are not let's say a matter of life and death but that require her to be followed up by a doctor every now and then. Can we do that with her insurance? NOOOOOOOOOO. Cause it's not FU..... EMERGENCY..... In other words, her hormones went crazy and other things that I'll not mention here due all the stress and everything but again if we want to see a doctor for that, guess what????? $$$$$$$$$$$

After figuring out how long that would take, we decided to finally apply for an OWP for her back in December 2016 and hope that she finds someone who can give her any entry-level job even with very few English skills so she can at least help a bit out with the family income as well as apply for OHIP in case she manages to get a full-time position.

Last March, her father happened to pass away. Her OWP was not issued at the time and I called CIC to ask them if in this specific case she could leave the country to attend the funeral and have any kind of guarantee that she'd be able to come back with no issues. We all know if an inland sponsored leaves the country and does not manage to return the application is considered abandoned and the answer I got from CIC was

In other words, the decision remains on the border agent. Considering that we are low on funds and we would only be able to afford a single ticket back home for her, meaning I would not be able to go, guess what? She lost the right of attending her own father's funeral once she didn't wanna take the chance of being rejected on the way back. And since he was cremated HEEEEEEEY she doesn't even have a tomb where she can take flowers to whenever she goes back home. Exciting and fun hey? Nice how Canada deals with families and how supportive they are... I'm not a refugee but a taxpayer right? So who cares about me?

@Profiler my friend. Exciting hey? Piece of cake I'd say huh? What do you say? What if it was your wife?

So now you understand what's my feeling like? How this process' struggling us? How I really wanna have this done sooner than later so we can simply start living our lives instead of me just going to work every single day and coming back home. Not managing to do any kind of thing cause I have to save money in case my wife gets sick? Sorry, that's not what I left my country for.
My heart goes out to your wife at being unable to attend her Dad's funeral. That would have devastated me since me and my Dad are so close. I also know how you feel about the health coverage since we live in Ontario and my husband only works part time he is not eligible for OHIP until after AIP.

I hope your spouse is able to find a job soon. I get it. Most of us get it. I know how it feels to live on one income.

However, I take issue with you calling out Profiler and trying to make him look like he is insensitive to the plight of others because based on how he assists people and tries his best to encourage everyone, he is definitely not like that. His spouse wanted to visit her Grandmother and she cannot until now so he knows how it feels when your spouse wants to travel and cannot.

I hope we all get through this soon.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
carolbb23 said:
Been there lol
Me too.

kokopelli said:
I may have fallen out of status by the time they received the application into the system because of all the back and forth. Do they send out a notification if the OWP has been rejected?
If you are out of status, you cannot apply for OWP until AIP. You should probably send a CSE to inquire about the OWP maybe they will return the application or process after AIP.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
ORPHAN said:
Hi meangiful1,

Can you please elaborate it clearly with example?
thanks
I said several things since morning. What would you want to be eloberated on?

ORPHAN

Apr 12, 2017
meaningful1 said:
I said several things since morning. What would you want to be eloberated on?
I want to know after getting PR if you don't have any relationship what will happen to your PR status?

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
browning911 said:
My heart goes out to your wife at being unable to attend her Dad's funeral. That would have devastated me since me and my Dad are so close. I also know how you feel about the health coverage since we live in Ontario and my husband only works part time he is not eligible for OHIP until after AIP.

I hope your spouse is able to find a job soon. I get it. Most of us get it. I know how it feels to live on one income.

However, I take issue with you calling out Profiler and trying to make him look like he is insensitive to the plight of others because based on how he assists people and tries his best to encourage everyone, he is definitely not like that. His spouse wanted to visit her Grandmother and she cannot until now so he knows how it feels when your spouse wants to travel and cannot.

I hope we all get through this soon.
Yeah but the way he answered my previous comment when I complained about seeing people from June and July being processed while we were still waiting was, from my standpoint, ironic and disrespectful.

He may not have any concerns once his wife is fluent in English, has a job, so most likely they live on two sources of income and she has access to health so his case is really a matter of time and not a matter of need.

He should think a bit more before trying to be fun as he doesn't know what people are up to.

As my father in law used to say, "everyone has a black box. think what one may be going through before sharing your thoughts"

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
ORPHAN said:
I want to know after getting PR if you don't have any relationship what will happen to your PR status?
Ha ha ha
You planning on running away?(just kidding) :p
When that PR status get in your palm, its yours. . . lol
If you were washing plate everyday and u really didn't want to wash plates but because you want that PR status ; you continue to wash plates. . . . well, after you have PR no body can tell you go wash anymore plate. That time you have rights like everybody else. Ha ha ha

I have heard some serious cock n bull stories :eek:
Some relationships, the sponsors act like they own Canada and want to treat PA's with disdain. Lol
So now nobody have to take no sh;t.
Play field level. Hope you got that

TempestD

Jan 28, 2014
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-10-016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
08-12-2017
Hello All,

I submitted my application September 28. somehow ecas says it was received August 29. Also said that the Sponsor Application began processing on October 29. I really don't know what date to go by. Is this date mix up something to be concerned about?

I have received a letter from them in April requesting police report for country which I spent most of my time since 18, as well as sole custody document and birth certificate for my daughter. I had sent in all the above already. However i had spent almost two years in the UK before coming to Canada and my lawyer stated that i should get a police record from there. I did do so and already received same and sent to lawyer for her to send it in.

I received OWP in January.

any thoughts?

ORPHAN

Apr 12, 2017
meaningful1 said:
Ha ha ha
If you were washing plate everyday and u really didn't want to wash plates but because you want that PR status ; you continue to wash plates. . . . well, after you have PR no body can tell you go wash anymore plate. That time you have rights like everybody else. Ha ha ha

Some relationships, the sponsors act like they own Canada and want to treat PA's with disdain. Lol
yo yo yo though I am not cleaning the dishes. :)
i will stay with her throughout my entire life.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
ORPHAN said:
yo yo yo though I am not cleaning the dishes. :)
i will stay with her throughout my entire life.
Ha ha ha ha

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
meaningful1 said:
Ha ha ha

This made me LOL! Wash plate?? Owe man, is either you wash plate or you wash cloth ...

SC2VHL

Mar 29, 2017
There are a lot of factors that goes into how fast your application get process. Geography - Kitchener and an awesome MP anyone?
Country of origin - Don't you think they would not be more alert from someone who is from or around ISIS countries than those say, are from USA, UK or France?
Background - Yes yes, everyone is equal, but face it. is it really? Based on history and past case, don't you think they would keep a keen eye on people are say of Chinese or country around there more due to fake marriages?
But whatever the reason is, I am sure as hell glad they took their time to do their job instead of feeling empathy and rushing things through.

I survived on a single income. My wife just gave birth and I had to pay full price for hospital's bill, all the pediatric appointment, and vitamins. Oh, she has C-section so you can imagine the final bill. and you know how expensive it can be raising a child. Prior to that, she does visit a doctor on a few occasion and all without the help of OHIP. We survived, you will too. Just remember, not everyone is in the same case as you. Some maybe just need to wait, while others has more on table. So if you can't take it, find an empty room, vent it out, scream or do whatever. Don't hold it in and take it out on others.

STAY POSITIVE.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
SC2VHL said:
There are a lot of factors that goes into how fast your application get process. Geography - Kitchener and an awesome MP anyone?
Country of origin - Don't you think they would not be more alert from someone who is from or around ISIS countries than those say, are from USA, UK or France?
Background - Yes yes, everyone is equal, but face it. is it really? Based on history and past case, don't you think they would keep a keen eye on people are say of Chinese or country around there more due to fake marriages?
But whatever the reason is, I am sure as hell glad they took their time to do their job instead of feeling empathy and rushing things through.

I survived on a single income. My wife just gave birth and I had to pay full price for hospital's bill, all the pediatric appointment, and vitamins. Oh, she has C-section so you can imagine the final bill. and you know how expensive it can be raising a child. Prior to that, she does visit a doctor on a few occasion and all without the help of OHIP. We survived, you will too. Just remember, not everyone is in the same case as you. Some maybe just need to wait, while others has more on table. So if you can't take it, find an empty room, vent it out, scream or do whatever. Don't hold it in and take it out on others.

STAY POSITIVE.
Thanks for the words instead of making fun of my statement