+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

tswife

Mar 6, 2017
browning911 said:
Congratulations tswife!!

Carol I thought you and Mr. C were going to get a new passport and have a date in the city? I wish we could have had out landing appointment on the same day. :)
Thank you ! funny thing is that my GC still shows that everything is in the process

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Me too.... had a funny water cooler chat with someone from the Guyana-way today...
Well I like that all of your encounters with Guyanese people involve funny conversations :D
GOOD STUFF! ;D

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
tswife said:
I just got DM email ! beyond happy, and still just feels so surreal.. hoping more applicants will be receiving these good news soon ! :)
AWESOME CONGRATS!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
OMG I am gonna be sick. I just checked again and nothing......
I have become proficient in checking it (eCAS). Click->select Application Number. Tab-Tab
Key in "F000123456". Tab-Tab
Key in "Profiler". Tab-Tab
Key in "12991706". Tab-Tab
Key in "c-a-n". tab-Tab-Enter.

Is it bad that I just did that from remembery?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Well I like that all of your encounters with Guyanese people involve funny conversations :D
GOOD STUFF! ;D
He told me where to go in the Caribbean. He also told me his family is like bunnies.... his parents had 10 kids... uncle and aunt same... I nearly lost my coffee...

james131313

Apr 24, 2017
Hello,

So, I've been following this thread for quite a while, given that I'd applied for PR from within Canada as the common law partner of a Canadian about 13 months ago. I got my medical request recently, and saw that I'd passed that today. And then, an hour or so later, I received a message saying that I'd provided inadequate proof of our common law relationship. I've lived in Canada for six years now, almost entirely as a student (I've had a post-graduate work visa for the past year and a half), always with my partner. So, we gave proof of the two leases that we'd signed (on the two apartments that we've lived in), the tenants insurance for the apartment we currently live in that started in 2014 (i.e. about two years before we applied), a lot of photos, a host of statutory declarations from people who know us and have known of our relationship since we moved, and some other more ephemeral evidence. Plainly this isn't enough. So, we called and found out that they have travel stubs and the leases listed as our proofs of common law relationship. The question then is: what more should we do?

The problem is that our finances have been relatively separate. I've lived off savings, scholarships and parental support for most of my time here, and we've only recently (i.e so recently as to be inadmissible) merged our finances in a more robust way (paying half of the bills through our bank accounts, sharing a credit card, filing joint taxes) because there was just no reason to do it before. I didn't file taxes until last year, for example, because there was no need, and given that we had to pay our rent in cash, and mine was coming from an account overseas, there was really no need for a joint account to do that. Her parents paid most of the utility bills for our first place, as well.

So, the question is: does anyone have an idea of what might constitute adequate proof, given that there's not so much we can do on the financial side. So, far, we have the idea of T4s, since we both have T4s with the same address information going back from when we first moved, a letter from our insurer (since unless that counts as a lease, it appears to have been missed as proof of shared residence), some further proofs of address, and a signed declaration of common law relationship for the two of us. This seems, prima facie, like it would be enough, but my concern is that the CIC believe that (for example) I may have lived with my partner out of convenience (i.e. she seemed a tolerable roommate across the two provinces we've lived in, and that it just so happened that we moved at the same time) without actually being in a relationship. If that were the case, any ideas on how to show otherwise?

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
james131313 said:
Hello,

So, I've been following this thread for quite a while, given that I'd applied for PR from within Canada as the common law partner of a Canadian about 13 months ago. I got my medical request recently, and saw that I'd passed that today. And then, an hour or so later, I received a message saying that I'd provided inadequate proof of our common law relationship. I've lived in Canada for six years now, almost entirely as a student (I've had a post-graduate work visa for the past year and a half), always with my partner. So, we gave proof of the two leases that we'd signed (on the two apartments that we've lived in), the tenants insurance for the apartment we currently live in that started in 2014 (i.e. about two years before we applied), a lot of photos, a host of statutory declarations from people who know us and have known of our relationship since we moved, and some other more ephemeral evidence. Plainly this isn't enough. So, we called and found out that they have travel stubs and the leases listed as our proofs of common law relationship. The question then is: what more should we do?

The problem is that our finances have been relatively separate. I've lived off savings, scholarships and parental support for most of my time here, and we've only recently (i.e so recently as to be inadmissible) merged our finances in a more robust way (paying half of the bills through our bank accounts, sharing a credit card, filing joint taxes) because there was just no reason to do it before. I didn't file taxes until last year, for example, because there was no need, and given that we had to pay our rent in cash, and mine was coming from an account overseas, there was really no need for a joint account to do that. Her parents paid most of the utility bills for our first place, as well.

So, the question is: does anyone have an idea of what might constitute adequate proof, given that there's not so much we can do on the financial side. So, far, we have the idea of T4s, since we both have T4s with the same address information going back from when we first moved, a letter from our insurer (since unless that counts as a lease, it appears to have been missed as proof of shared residence), some further proofs of address, and a signed declaration of common law relationship for the two of us. This seems, prima facie, like it would be enough, but my concern is that the CIC believe that (for example) I may have lived with my partner out of convenience (i.e. she seemed a tolerable roommate across the two provinces we've lived in, and that it just so happened that we moved at the same time) without actually being in a relationship. If that were the case, any ideas on how to show otherwise?

Thanks
Can you share the body of the letter (sans the legalese bit, and your personal details)? It would help focus where you might want to shore up the file.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
He told me where to go in the Caribbean. He also told me his family is like bunnies.... his parents had 10 kids... uncle and aunt same... I nearly lost my coffee...
Im glad he pointed you in the right direction for destinations. I've only been to Barbados, Cuba, Trinidad & tobago for Caribbean countries SO FAR .. but the husband has been to nearly all of them

It's a running joke with our community about the amount of kids our grand parents and parents had.
I am one of 3, but my grandparents from both sides have 7 and 8 each

We tell them that since they had no TV, internet, or electricity back of those days there was nothing else left to do but multiply and drink rum /hooch

james131313

Apr 24, 2017
Here's the core of the letter:

You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are a common -law partner (cohabitating for a period of at least one year at time of application).
Acceptable documentation includes: declaration of common-law relationship, evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms. This documentation must provide evidence dated at least one year prior to the date of your application.
Other supporting documentation such as statutory declarations of individualswith personal knowledge that your relationship is genuine and continuing may be considered.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Im glad he pointed you in the right direction for destinations. I've only been to Barbados, Cuba, Trinidad & tobago for Caribbean countries SO FAR .. but the husband has been to nearly all of them

It's a running joke with our community about the amount of kids our grand parents and parents had.
I am one of 3, but my grandparents from both sides have 7 and 8 each

We tell them that since they had no TV, internet, or electricity back of those days there was nothing else left to do but multiply and drink rum /hooch
Hooch: making daddy poor since 1605..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
james131313 said:
Here's the core of the letter:

Mmmmmkay..

So, you have supplied leases, and tenant insurance. So, this is a good start, you will need to include a letter to them when you respond anyway. It's important to key this in very strongly.

What they are seeking is something like T4's (or the Tuition form ... T5501? something like that?) from that period showing the same address, any mailings you both had at the same address, joint accounts, joint utilities (cell phone?), things you have bought together for your home, etc.

Also, include stat decl's (if you have yet to do so) for anyone that knows your relation is continuing and genuine. Parents? Etc.

did you submit a Stat Decl of Common Law Union? If so, also key off this in your response.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Where did he suggest for you to visit?
He suggested that all the islands have all been made out to look the same. And cruising the area only gives you a short time. So, his suggestion was the one that leaves Galveston and heads to the Yucitan (Mayian region). He said that would give you something cool to do, other than just staying on the boat. But he did comment that Trinidad, Grenada, or St Maarten were of particular interest.