Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
botengcoke said:
hi miss browning! i recover my account now! forgot my password in this forum! anyway! got my medical request today! i have appointment on tuesday for my medical exam. so whats next after medical? what stage are we now?... and do i still need to renew my OWP?
Congrats... when is the OWP valid until?

Lucky88

Sep 13, 2016
hello all...i am needing help on my open work permit application...

1) In land spousal sponsorship applied August 2016

2) Extended visitor visa in October 2016 and was granted extension valid till July 18th 2017. i was asked to do a medical in January 2017, the request came from visa extension application dept.

3) Now i want to apply for OWP and it will take 120 days...if I mail my application tomorrow assuming CPC Vegreville receives it in a week...

My question is when June 18th 2017 comes round...must i apply to extend my visitor visa??? i would not have had a reply regarding work permit yet. I would have to apply for visa extension for my 2 kids that are with me...so just write a cover letter refering to my open work permit for myself? since I am main applicant?

I would be grateful for any assistance!

Thanks

lucky88

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
profiler said:
Congrats... when is the OWP valid until?
hi profiler!! my OWP expired on MAY 28 2017! i have a month and half before expiration.... my problem is do i need to Renew my OWP since i have a response from the CIC for my Medical? My medical will cost me 400 dollars. and if i will renew my OWP another 550 for my consultant fee and OWP fee. thousand dollars for these two applications..... i hope i will not renew my OWP so it will not cost me a lot... i will be broke now.. :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Lucky88 said:
hello all...i am needing help on my open work permit application...

1) In land spousal sponsorship applied August 2016

2) Extended visitor visa in October 2016 and was granted extension valid till July 18th 2017. i was asked to do a medical in January 2017, the request came from visa extension application dept.

3) Now i want to apply for OWP and it will take 120 days...if I mail my application tomorrow assuming CPC Vegreville receives it in a week...

My question is when June 18th 2017 comes round...must i apply to extend my visitor visa??? i would not have had a reply regarding work permit yet. I would have to apply for visa extension for my 2 kids that are with me...so just write a cover letter refering to my open work permit for myself? since I am main applicant?

I would be grateful for any assistance!

Thanks

lucky88
If you file for an OWP, the day CIC's mailroom receives the application, you have implied status until they decide..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
botengcoke said:
hi profiler!! my OWP expired on MAY 28 2017! i have a month and half before expiration.... my problem is do i need to Renew my OWP since i have a response from the CIC for my Medical? My medical will cost me 400 dollars. and if i will renew my OWP another 550 for my consultant fee and OWP fee. thousand dollars for these two applications..... i hope i will not renew my OWP so it will not cost me a lot... i will be broke now.. :(
Technically you should.. if you are working and you don't renew, you can't work.

We can help you get your OWP filed for free... 255. Then when you get your PR (assuming it's before 4 mos), just cancel and get a refund of the 255$. You can do this In May...

Lucky88

Sep 13, 2016
profiler said:
If you file for an OWP, the day CIC's mailroom receives the application, you have implied status until they decide..
thank you very much profiler
i shall only apply for visitor visa extension for my children.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Lucky88 said:
thank you very much profiler
i shall only apply for visitor visa extension for my children.
You bet...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:
It's killing me. The wife doesn't care anymore. To her, she's not cared since like October/November. Her words: "What are you going to do when I land and this is all over??"

I will need a twelve step program....

It's like waiting for that NES.... or watching paint dry... or water boil...

That is too funny visit from time to time

luckygirll

Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Request
25-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
I received AIP letter today, 6 days from SA. Can't wait for the landing interview letter!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
luckygirll said:
I received AIP letter today, 6 days from SA. Can't wait for the landing interview letter!
Congrats

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
profiler said:
Profiler's not here, man...

Man that was a good movie.... "This isn't where I parked my car!" ...

OK sorry about the digression. Yes, they need that to complete Criminality (and partially Security. Security is the longest runner at 3-6 months). You need to notify CIC that you've requested it, and YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF THIS. Otherwise, they will assume you are non-compliant and refuse the application. So, that will be 6 months + the time it takes to get your PCC + (Today - Nov 2016)...
Must be the day for police check requests. We received one this morning.I was a bit puzzled as I had enclosed one from 2014. Then again it might not have been good enough, as it came from Michigan only. Back then it was good enough. Guess, we we will have to go back to our local RCMP to get the fingerprints asap and mail them to the FBI. I am glad to have spotted your post, Profiler, with regards to the proof.. Man, this is all dragging on..But we shall persevere..

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
one of my friend emailed me a request for Schedule A.they got today:

You must place a printed copy of this correspondence on top of your submission when submitting it to
IRCC.
The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police
certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;

The onus is on you to satisfy the processing officer that you are not ineligible or inadmissible and can
therefore become a permanent resident.
why would a request for "all family members above 18" require to submit police certificate?
(she is applying inland and is the only person being sponsored)

I couldn't offer a reasonable response to her question why "The onus is on you to satisfy the processing officer that you are not ineligible or inadmissible and can
therefore become a permanent resident."
Any thought?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
luckygirll said:

congratulations

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
meaningful1 said:
one of my friend emailed me a request for Schedule A.they got today:

You must place a printed copy of this correspondence on top of your submission when submitting it to
IRCC.
The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police
certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;

The onus is on you to satisfy the processing officer that you are not ineligible or inadmissible and can
therefore become a permanent resident.
why would a request for "all family members above 18" require to submit police certificate?
(she is applying inland and is the only person being sponsored)

I couldn't offer a reasonable response to her question why "The onus is on you to satisfy the processing officer that you are not ineligible or inadmissible and can
therefore become a permanent resident."
Any thought?
We received the same request and only the sponsored applicant has to provide a Police Check.
The second sentence is just common procedure, not to worry about that! I would get take care of this asap. get the fingerprints etc. And heed profiler's advice above let CIC know that you have requested one!. Hope this helps.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
beate1961 said:
Must be the day for police check requests. We received one this morning.I was a bit puzzled as I had enclosed one from 2014. Then again it might not have been good enough, as it came from Michigan only. Back then it was good enough. Guess, we we will have to go back to our local RCMP to get the fingerprints asap and mail them to the FBI. I am glad to have spotted your post, Profiler, with regards to the proof.. Man, this is all dragging on..But we shall persevere..
Heya Beate,
You need to get an FBI identity package...