+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
My husband called to cic and asked have we got any request because we haven't got nothing for a year and we fear mail or email got missing. They told everything looks good and no request. We asked about medical when we should do, and they told if we haven't got request for medical exam by 31 May, we don't need do it. I have thought everybody need medical exam?? I have feeling the person didn't knew what he was talking about and now I'm just more stressed. Straight said doesn't it mean refusal for PR if officer decide no need for medical exam? So basically just wait 6 weeks to hear...

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I applied on 29 April 2016. I know from the forum that many March'16 and prior applicants are still awaiting AP/DM yet. However, my application status still shows 'received'no other update. Just wanted to know if any other update is received (other than the OWP, which I have already received) before the AOR?

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
erable_rouge said:
I applied on 29 April 2016. I know from the forum that many March'16 and prior applicants are still awaiting AP/DM yet. However, my application status still shows 'received'no other update. Just wanted to know if any other update is received (other than the OWP, which I have already received) before the AOR?
When did you receive your OWP and how ling did it take?
I applied in August with my sponsorship application and I didnt recceive yet,everytime I call they ask for a document and last ti,e in March they wanted me to apply for Restoration and new fee.

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
My wife just got an email with letter from CIC which asks for:

1. For each of your accompanying dependants, you must provide copies of the following documents:birth certificate and proof of legal custody.
we sent copy of our son birth certificate with application and we don't have any custody documents

2.e principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police
certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;

i suppose this one is standard

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
Looks like they are working around your date. I remember when matthars first announced his SA... I was like :| Where is mine??? We applied same day. But that's just how it goes. I know it's hard waiting when you know they are working in the area of your application... I feel for ya..... it's coming...

That said, where did legolg go??
I'm here I'm here. Went to the bon jovi concert last night. Been sleeping since haah

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
legolg said:
I'm here I'm here. Went to the bon jovi concert last night. Been sleeping since haah
Bon Jovi!! 8)

Ok, i'm jealous!

SA_to_Canada

Oct 3, 2016
RV23 said:
Hey ,

Congratulations. I am also in Surrey.We got our medical request last week .So how long did it take for you from decision made to Landing interview for Surrey?
Thank you. DM was Mar 24th, landing interview was Apr 10th, so 17 days.

ORPHAN

Apr 12, 2017
Hi All,

I applied on April 1, 2016.

Today I went there for upfront medical. After completing the medical, they told me oh sorry, we can't do upfront medical for Spousal Sponsorship.
We can add you as a worker medical and later you can tell CIC and they will accept this medical examination as your spousal medical. You can tell CIC to link this information with your application.
Because worker and spousal have the same type of tests. I paid 333, don't know CIC will agree on it or not. Doctor saying don't worry, they will accept it.

Can profiler or any expert can comment on this.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
ORPHAN said:
Hi All,

I applied on April 1, 2016.

Today I went there for upfront medical. After completing the medical, they told me oh sorry, we can't do upfront medical for Spousal Sponsorship.
We can add you as a worker medical and later you can tell CIC and they will accept this medical examination as your spousal medical. You can tell CIC to link this information with your application.
Because worker and spousal have the same type of tests. I paid 333, don't know CIC will agree on it or not. Doctor saying don't worry, they will accept it.

Can profiler or any expert can comment on this.
Have you got request for it or did you just go without? Have you got any contact from CIC since you applied? I'm just asking because I applied around same time with you.

ORPHAN

Apr 12, 2017
rmv said:
Have you got request for it or did you just go without? Have you got any contact from CIC since you applied? I'm just asking because I applied around same time with you.
thanks, no they didn't request for it.
I want to speed up the process.
no update from CIC.
they asked for PCC and I submitted late August, 2016.
after that nothing from them.
what about you?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
rmv said:
My husband called to cic and asked have we got any request because we haven't got nothing for a year and we fear mail or email got missing. They told everything looks good and no request. We asked about medical when we should do, and they told if we haven't got request for medical exam by 31 May, we don't need do it. I have thought everybody need medical exam?? I have feeling the person didn't knew what he was talking about and now I'm just more stressed. Straight said doesn't it mean refusal for PR if officer decide no need for medical exam? So basically just wait 6 weeks to hear...
Medicals are required for everyone applying for a PR. They must also be valid when you land.

We just came from a redo medical...and we were in line behind an adult woman from the US... even they have to do them..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
janecki said:
My wife just got an email with letter from CIC which asks for:

1. For each of your accompanying dependants, you must provide copies of the following documents:birth certificate and proof of legal custody.
we sent copy of our son birth certificate with application and we don't have any custody documents

2.e principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police
certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;

i suppose this one is standard
We're they supplied? If so, call to make sure. They need birth certs for sure..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
Wtf... and no inviting the profilers OR the Guyanese in the crowd.. wtf...

Seriously though.. Cic action or? We had some...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: All said, how did the medical go? Guess a smooth sail haan?
So I've shared before my feelings that everyone should do IME in Kitchener...

Today, busy, but no exception. We shot the sh!t... and I broke the Dr... as soon as you mention that pilots age slower than ground civilians, and add physics to it, he was stoned. My wife was worried he was going to need a reboot...