07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Jeffuk88 said:
If, using half days, you have the max 365 days do you still need to wait until 5 with the new rule or would those half days bring it down to 4?
Just as a reminder, the law is not passed yet, but it passed the second reading in the Senate, so hopefully it will be fully adopted in a relatively near future. Saying that, when the new law will become effective, the number required to apply for citizenship will be 1095 days (= 3 years) in Canada over a 5 years period. Of that 1095 days, you can count days you were in Canada before getting PR, counting half a day for each day present in Canada prior to PR, but the maximum of days counted for the period prior to PR is 365 days.

So, if you are in Canada for 2 full years or more before getting the PR, you count 365 days. Then 2 full years after the PR, if you did not go out of Canada, you will reach the 1095 days and will be able to apply for citizenship.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
sylvain1 said:
Just as a reminder, the law is not passed yet, but it passed the second reading in the Senate, so hopefully it will be fully adopted in a relatively near future. Saying that, when the new law will become effective, the number required to apply for citizenship will be 1095 days (= 3 years) in Canada over a 5 years period. Of that 1095 days, you can count days you were in Canada before getting PR, counting half a day for each day present in Canada prior to PR, but the maximum of days counted for the period prior to PR is 365 days.

So, if you are in Canada for 2 full years or more before getting the PR, you count 365 days. Then 2 full years after the PR, if you did not go out of Canada, you will reach the 1095 days and will be able to apply for citizenship.
Thanks for clarifying... we're sending our inland later this year and I've lived here 3 years. If all goes well with our application I don't plan on leaving canada for at least 5 years so this change sounds like I can apply for citizenship 2 years after getting PR :)

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
canirish gal said:
Hi guys our application was recieved November 3rd with OWP and we got yesterday OWP approval
What a weight of my shoulders!
Any move forward is good news!
Good luck all ;D
You give me hope! I am Nov 2 applicant. I am slowly rotting at home hahahah can't wait to get back to the workforce!

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
hafeez syed said:
hello every one
i have posted couple of time but no one answered my questions or helped me , if any one can help me how to link my application ,as im trying to do it from last 15 days , and also i live in toronto how to get a police certificate where do i need to go , thank you
On your questions on linking your app, again I copied it from previous posts!

Only use applicant info
Press Space bar in place of city if birth
Leave out all passport details
Enter 2 for number on app....plus 1 for each dependent
If you have a rep...you cannot link

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
smavg said:
On your questions on linking your app, again I copied it from previous posts!

Only use applicant info
Press Space bar in place of city if birth
Leave out all passport details
Enter 2 for number on app....plus 1 for each dependent
If you have a rep...you cannot link

I couldn't link mine as well, tried many times with more than 1 mycic account. Then I ordered my GCMS notes and found that Place of Birth is capitalized and no space between is needed and I successfully linked it.

So best thing is to get GCMS notes and see what they put there :D

ngrrox

Feb 16, 2017
Z7J said:
Did anyone here request GCMS notes around end of October last year? We never received ours and we're thinking of requesting again.
From CIC article "How long does the Department have to respond?" :

Note: If you do not receive a response within 30 days, you may obtain the status of your request by contacting the ATIP Division via:

e-mail: ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca;
or
mail:
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

I applied mine in Nov. and didn't receive anything in Feb. Then I emailed them and they said they will put my request on top priority as my wait time is > 30 days. Then I received my GCMS notes from the above email next day :p

Gegebear

Oct 5, 2016
canirish gal said:
Hi guys our application was recieved November 3rd with OWP and we got yesterday OWP approval
What a weight of my shoulders!
Any move forward is good news!
Good luck all ;D
Congratz, I know all too well about the waiting game. Sadly, my November 2016 OWP application was return to me because I failed to sign it. I just wanted to die, for God sake in my line of work everything you do requires a signature. How could I have omitted that...chooops... now I have to wait an extra month. I've gotten two job offers of which am suppose to start training 3rd week of March. Talk about stress.

Gegebear

Oct 5, 2016
annie-tomed said:
Hi, I'm inland as well, applied in April 2016 and I've been with background check "in progress" and medical "passed" since June 2016. Background check is the longest step. So far I got the OWP but no SA.
Hi there, was your medical approved before you got your OWP? It just dawned on me that I should have attached a copy of my medical to my OWP application since they separate the spousal application from the OWP application. I'm thinking there gonna be restrictions on that OWP.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Does anyone know if, while my OWP through inland is recieved and processing, my visitor visa extension is rejected, am I still on implied status through the OWP because it was processed later?

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
hi does anyone know how CPC vergeville get my fingerprints report? I just sent to them through canada post so so how do we get their confirmation about receiving request? thanks

smavg

Nov 4, 2016
Gegebear said:
Congratz, I know all too well about the waiting game. Sadly, my November 2016 OWP application was return to me because I failed to sign it. I just wanted to die, for God sake in my line of work everything you do requires a signature. How could I have omitted that...chooops... now I have to wait an extra month. I've gotten two job offers of which am suppose to start training 3rd week of March. Talk about stress.
Just to make sure I got it right. Your OWP was returned recently (after months of processing)?

Gegebear

Oct 5, 2016
smavg said:
Just to make sure I got it right. Your OWP was returned recently (after months of processing)?
No, sorry. It was sent back less than a week after I received my AOR on 10th December 2016. I sign and posted same day. They received it on the 16th December 2016. Sometime at the end of January I called to enquire and a rude agent said to me "you will get it 4mths after the December date we received it and not the November date, so just seat back and wait you should have it by April/May." I said to her, I just wanted the application number to link it to my, myCIC and she rudely said" that's not necessary." What a be-arch!

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
All those 2016 applicants who has not done it yet...share your timeline here pls.....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=130501564

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Maina4576 said:
@rganesh...i m applied a month after you. Let us know when you get your opw. Thank you
will certainly notify everyone :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ngrrox said:
From CIC article "How long does the Department have to respond?" :

Note: If you do not receive a response within 30 days, you may obtain the status of your request by contacting the ATIP Division via:

e-mail: ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca;
or
mail:
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

I applied mine in Nov. and didn't receive anything in Feb. Then I emailed them and they said they will put my request on top priority as my wait time is > 30 days. Then I received my GCMS notes from the above email next day :p
From the Privacy Act ( http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/P-21/page-3.html#h-9 ):
"
Requests for Access

Where access to personal information is requested under subsection 12(1), the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to section 15, within thirty days after the request is received,

(a) give written notice to the individual who made the request as to whether or not access to the information or a part thereof will be given; and

(b) if access is to be given, give the individual who made the request access to the information or the part thereof.

1980-81-82-83, c. 111, Sch. II “14”.

Extension of time limits

The head of a government institution may extend the time limit set out in section 14 in respect of a request for

(a) a maximum of thirty days if

(i) meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution, or

(ii) consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit, or

(b) such period of time as is reasonable, if additional time is necessary for translation purposes or for the purposes of converting the personal information into an alternative format, by giving notice of the extension and the length of the extension to the individual who made the request within thirty days after the request is received, which notice shall contain a statement that the individual has a right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner about the extension.

R.S., 1985, c. P-21, s. 15; 1992, c. 21, s. 35.
"

The law clearly states, they have 30 days MAXIMUM. They can request to extend, but prove that the extension is warranted.