Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,

mak31086 said:
1) Should I inform CIC that I am pregnant before the medical test?
You can. They will find out from the panel physician anyway.

2) Or the panel physician will inform in his report?
You can do both. They will advise that you have to advise the panel physician that there is a chance you are pregnant. They will then fill out a form and there will be a delay in the chest x-ray.

3) Will there be delay in the application processing, since I am pregnant? I went through the CIC website, it was mentioned that we need to inform CIC only if there is a child birth.
Yes. The medical must be completed before they can complete the process, including the chest x-ray. If you have a completed medical, and it's passed, then you only need to inform CIC after birth. In this case, they will get an incomplete medical (with a deferred chest x-ray). They will know now, or later. Might as well be now, and they can tell you what form you need to make sure the physician completes.

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
hello every one

i have applied inland with new application on 30 january 2017, and got my application no on 18 febuary . im trying to link it online but im not able to do so .can any one help, thank you

marecpovoda

Aug 26, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am an inland applicant and I submitted m application with the open work permit extension. CIC received them on October 28 2016. It's been exactly 4 month now. I called cic today afternoon and asked about the work permit. The agent said he doesn't see any work permit application... He wanted me to say the number of my receipt of the fees and then he can try to find it. I was very surprised and I didn't find the receit. I found it later so I can call him back tomorrow.

My question is:

What do you think guys what could happen? Maybe they made a mistake? If i think about the opportunity they made a mistake and they lost my application... freaks me out. I really need that open work permit because this is a struggle. My relationshipis suffering because of this. It is soo hard that I would like to help with paying the bills but I can't. Extremely stressful.

Did this happened to others too? they don't see anything about the work permit

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Maina4576 said:
I think with all respect Cic wont keep their word for the 12 months process of 80% of all applications. I m sure refugees and people crossing the border from the states always come before us... This is my feeling and hope I m wrong
I hope you are wrong too, but to be honest I have been having the same exact feeling lately

and then I wonder about how the waiting period works after PR to be able to apply for citizenship eventually and whether we will be behind that line again for that :(

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
mak31086 said:
Hi, I am Jan 2016 inland applicant and I submitted medicals upfront. Now I received new medical request today. I am eight weeks pregnant now and I am not supposed to do chest xray. I have following two questions, it would be great if someone can help with that. Thanks a lot!!

1) Should I inform CIC that I am pregnant before the medical test?
2) Or the panel physician will inform in his report?
3) Will there be delay in the application processing, since I am pregnant? I went through the CIC website, it was mentioned that we need to inform CIC only if there is a child birth.
You could also attempt to call CIC. there have been a handful that found out the medical request was sent by mistake. If you did it in January last year, there is a chance they extended it and the letter went out anyway....and if it's not a mistake, ask if there is a way they can message your agent to consider it since you are now pregnant. As Profiler mentioned, it would delay your app until you can have it done.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
I hope you are wrong too, but to be honest I have been having the same exact feeling lately

and then I wonder about how the waiting period works after PR to be able to apply for citizenship eventually and whether we will be behind that line again for that :(
You shouldn't fret too much. Agreed that getting to the PR completed stage via Family Sponsorship is a slower process, in reality it's not terrible. My wife and I no longer discuss CIC or immigration. We lead totally normal lives (she works, has friends, health care and a family doctor, etc). The only thing missing for her right now is the trip home. We expect that we can do that in the summer. Other than that, we don't really care how long it takes any more. Life is too short to be hyper-focused on one thing for so long. It only leads to a self-amplifying feedback loop...

That said, you must complete 1460 days living "in Canada" in the immediate 6 years before applying for citizenship. Time living with the sponsor is considered time "in Canada" -- could be anywhere from what I understood (might be wrong, I was granted citizenship by birth). I also believe the time spent before the PR is considered half-time (so for every day, it's considered a half-day). With those in mind, we figured my wife could apply in 3-1/3 years. And from what I have heard, the process is reasonably quick.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
You shouldn't fret too much. Agreed that getting to the PR completed stage via Family Sponsorship is a slower process, in reality it's not terrible. My wife and I no longer discuss CIC or immigration. We lead totally normal lives (she works, has friends, health care and a family doctor, etc). The only thing missing for her right now is the trip home. We expect that we can do that in the summer. Other than that, we don't really care how long it takes any more. Life is too short to be hyper-focused on one thing for so long. It only leads to a self-amplifying feedback loop...

That said, you must complete 1460 days living "in Canada" in the immediate 6 years before applying for citizenship. Time living with the sponsor is considered time "in Canada" -- could be anywhere from what I understood (might be wrong, I was granted citizenship by birth). I also believe the time spent before the PR is considered half-time (so for every day, it's considered a half-day). With those in mind, we figured my wife could apply in 3-1/3 years. And from what I have heard, the process is reasonably quick.
Currently, the time spent in Canada prior to PR does not count but you are right about the 1460 days in 6 years. However, C-6 Bill will modify the conditions to get citizenship. When the bill will finally be approved, each day prior to the PR will count as half a day (maximum 365 days). Then you have to have 1095 days over 5 years to apply for citizenship.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
Currently, the time spent in Canada prior to PR does not count but you are right about the 1460 days in 6 years. However, C-6 Bill will modify the conditions to get citizenship. When the bill will finally be approved, each day prior to the PR will count as half a day (maximum 365 days). Then you have to have 1095 days over 5 years to apply for citizenship.
I knew I read it somewhere. I didn't validate, so thanks for that. Here is the current calculation rules: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q2

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
simpsol22 said:
You could also attempt to call CIC. there have been a handful that found out the medical request was sent by mistake. If you did it in January last year, there is a chance they extended it and the letter went out anyway....and if it's not a mistake, ask if there is a way they can message your agent to consider it since you are now pregnant. As Profiler mentioned, it would delay your app until you can have it done.
Thank you. Whenever I call CIC Call center, I get we are experiencing higher number of calls than normal and we are unable to connect to an agent. Is there any other way to contact CIC and enquire about my issue. Feeling very much worried!!

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Hey Guys,
I'm noticing under myCIC account that background verification has started for my wife. I am a November 2016 applicant. Not sure if this is something i should be excited :D.
please let me know your thoughts

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
mak31086 said:
Thank you. Whenever I call CIC Call center, I get we are experiencing higher number of calls than normal and we are unable to connect to an agent. Is there any other way to contact CIC and enquire about my issue. Feeling very much worried!!
Just keep trying. They always say high volume of calls. Wait for french to finish and English to start again. Then press 1 four times.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
profiler said:

same as us

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
hello everybody!

i am a august 2016 inland applicant. my husband is now going through the process of filling taxes forms for the tax return of last year.
ive been here in canada since august, and previous to that i was working in my country.
the question is:

should he file me as a dependent even though i am a temporary resident?

is anyone going through this process?

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
hello every one
i have posted couple of time but no one answered my questions or helped me , if any one can help me how to link my application ,as im trying to do it from last 15 days , and also i live in toronto how to get a police certificate where do i need to go , thank you

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
@vanitasensei....I have the same question as you...hope someone knows the answer