+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Guanguar16 said:
Hi everyone,

Today my husband received AOR email from CIC. We got a UCI number and application number!! Yayyyyy!!! I'd like to thank you all of your help. Especially Profiler

I just want to double confirm that since we received AOR, that means my application does not make any major mistake and they will go processing my files, right? And AOR could confirm that I have implied status so that I don't need to renew my visitor visa anymore, right?

I sent out my application on 1st.November, 2016 and 2nd.Novemeber, 2016 was received by CIC.

Thank you!!!!!
If you applied for an OWP, submitting the application for the work permit is what triggers the implied status. Your stay as a visitor is implied until a decision is made on the work permit application. If you did not apply for the OWP, then you are obliged extend your visitor visa if you wish to maintain status.

Here is your answer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/inland.asp

flirts2

Nov 20, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ, AOM, Medical
Med's Request
March 1, 2017
Med's Done....
March 13, 2017
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
HI bambina8681

Any Updates? :)

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi,

Can we send the soft copy of our FBI PCC via CSE alongside the original copy?.Can anyone please send the link for the CSE.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
RV23 said:
Hi,

Can we send the soft copy of our FBI PCC via CSE alongside the original copy?.Can anyone please send the link for the CSE.
Yes, I think most people on here did that and it was sucessfully received. I just sent the physical one by courier because it asked it to be sent to Vegreville.

Link here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
polarvolcano said:
Yes, I think most people on here did that and it was sucessfully received. I just sent the physical one by courier because it asked it to be sent to Vegreville.

Link here:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I do the same, I agreed with you.

CB1995

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Hey everyone, a few questions

1) I am applying Inland for the spousal sponsorship and I am from UK. Are there any documents which I should take with me that I will need, such as proof of qualifications (for work), birth certificate etc. I will be sending in an OWP app with my sponsorship app.

2) Should I pay for the application before I go to Canada so I have it as proof of what I'm doing or is that not essential? If yes which one of the fees is the best one to pay?

3)I am really worried about being denied entry although I don't feel there is any reason why I would be. If they ask what I'm planning to do at the border and I tell them (which I understand I have to) will they still let me in the country?

Thanks

mcrystald

Aug 4, 2014
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!
I have a query...

My Indian passport expires in early Feb 2018. My husband and I were planning to apply for Spousal Sponsorship in Feb. I read online that re-issue of passport takes about 1-2 months to process.

In reading up about OWP's I noticed that CIC only gives the OWP as long as the passport's validity.

My PGWP expires in late June 2017.

Should I wait to apply for PR once I get my new passport in hand?

Also does anyone know if I can send my passport re-issue application in Jan or do I have to wait for it be exactly one year away and then apply?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you :)

Reactions: abcdmud

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
Hi, anyone have any insight in changing your name (i.e. assuming your spouse's name) during the PR process? I know they recommend to wait it out but in my case, the sponsor would be getting the name change not the applicant.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
CB1995 said:
Hey everyone, a few questions

1) I am applying Inland for the spousal sponsorship and I am from UK. Are there any documents which I should take with me that I will need, such as proof of qualifications (for work), birth certificate etc. I will be sending in an OWP app with my sponsorship app.

2) Should I pay for the application before I go to Canada so I have it as proof of what I'm doing or is that not essential? If yes which one of the fees is the best one to pay?

3)I am really worried about being denied entry although I don't feel there is any reason why I would be. If they ask what I'm planning to do at the border and I tell them (which I understand I have to) will they still let me in the country?

Thanks
The spousal inland class doesn't require any work-related info as this is a family reunification type of immigration - you are immigrating solely on the relationship with your spouse. You will need a copy of the birth certificate, also get a police clearance certificate while you are still in the UK.

I would strongly consider applying outland. If you are paying/submitting before you even leave the UK, technically you are starting your inland application with a lie because you are supposed to be already in Canada when you apply. The application itself even asks for a copy of your most recent entry into Canada.

When you enter at the border, you will be entering as a visitor. Part of the border officer's job is to verify that you plan on leaving within the time frame of your visa (you are visa free, but are only allowed to stay for 6 months). If you tell them flat out that you intend on staying in Canada permanently, this will raise other questions. Showing him that receipt could cause more harm than good. It is legitimate to be applying for permanent residence and still intend to leave at the end of your visitor visa validity, but this can be tricky to prove at the border.

Here is some reading on the concept of 'Dual Intent' which you may find enlightening.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

Oct 15, 2016
Hi team, I have Applied for inland spousal PR and OWP. Can someone please provide info on what are the approx timelines for receiving the OWP and PR? Would be really helpful if someone who had received it in the recent past can share some details too .. thanks in advance ..

Samw123

Nov 29, 2016
Hi guys just understanding owp, if I go onto a visitor visa for 3 months when my working holiday visa expires, is it possible to apply for an owp along with my inalnd sponsorship through my spouse (Canadian citizen)? And processin times??

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
immigration2016 said:
Hi team, I have Applied for inland spousal PR and OWP. Can someone please provide info on what are the approx timelines for receiving the OWP and PR? Would be really helpful if someone who had received it in the recent past can share some details too .. thanks in advance ..
Just look back in this forum and the google docs spreadsheet (add your info to the sheet so you can become part of the statistics):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=658237024

OWP ~ 4 months
PR = up to 26 months, but check out the spreadsheet for a better idea of what you can expect.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Samw123 said:
Hi guys just understanding owp, if I go onto a visitor visa for 3 months when my working holiday visa expires, is it possible to apply for an owp along with my inalnd sponsorship through my spouse (Canadian citizen)? And processin times??
Yes, you can apply for an OWP with your Inland Sponsorship PR. If you go onto a visitor visa, you have to stop working until the OWP arrives.

Around 4 months to get the OWP.

Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for the info, polarvolcano.

Below are my application related details:

* applied for OWP along with my PR application(inland spousal) on the - October 11th' 2016,
* CIC recieved the applications on - Oct 13th' 2016
* Received a mail from the CIC on - Nov 7th'2016 (CIC had returned my documents as i had missed to include one Sponsor related document)
* Reapplied including the Sponsor document on - Nov 19th '2016.

Can someone please advice:
1. Will the OWP processing time include the date i first filed my application or does it count only from the time i reapplied it?
(i.e. In my case, ~4 months for OWP includes October as well, or counts from November only? ).
Thanks a lot for your time.

Oct 12, 2016
Hi Guys, have a silly question here about the conditional PR

So I moved in with my common-law partner on Sep 01, 2014 , we've filed the in-land app. on Oct 11,2016. Assuming that my PR application will be approved. My question is that , will the conditional PR apply to me ? I'm not sure if my common law relationship falls in two-year period or more that a two-year period since it's just passed 2 years at the time we filed the application.

-- Here's from CIC ---

Condition applies if the couple:
•is married for two years or less; or
•dated for four years, but is married for two years or less; or
•have been in a conjugal relationship for two years or less; or
•has cohabited in a common-law relationship for two years or less; and
•Do not have any children in common

Condition does not apply if the couple:
•is married for more than two years; or
•have been in a conjugal relationship for more than two years; or
•has cohabited in a common-law relationship for more than two years; or
•Have children in common.