+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

farazprok

Apr 21, 2013
profiler said:
You would file these separately. But I do recall reading somewhere on the forum that there could be trouble with the PR application... my mind is fuzzy on this topic, so I suggest looking that up quick...
Thanks profiler for your prompt response. It does not make any sense to me to cause trouble for PR application since they are two different applications. You only need to make sure that you hold a valid status/permit in Canada until you become PR. As long as your stay in Canada is legal, you will be fine with the PR application. Dont know. This is my opinion, but CIC has their own rules which do not always make sense.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
Hey guys, could I join you all, and also ask a few questions?

I submitted an inland application to sponsor my husband on March 22 2016 and received AOR on May 5 2016. Since then we haven't heard anything, no requests for documents, no updates on ecas, and we don't have that 3rd line on ecas that I've seen with others that says "We began processing your application on...". Does this mean that they haven't started looking at it? We submitted the FBI certificate/fingerprints with the application but not a medical. If they haven't started reviewing it, does this mean the FBI certificate (issued in Feb 2016) is expired and we should order a new one? I ask because it took 3-4 months to receive it the first time so I definitely want to get started on it asap if we need a new one.

We are unable to link in mycic so we don't have more information. We did receive his OWP but I don't know if that is treated separately from the PR application and therefore not an indication that they have reviewed anything.

I wonder if I should just try to cancel our application and apply outland since my husband is from the US and you guys are saying that's way quicker.
For the PCC, I would wait until they ask for it. What's the point in ordering another one if they have yet to get to your case? OWP's are processed at a different office. Does ECAS say "In Progress" under the sponsorship application? You can always call the call centre and ask for information....though as I pointed out a few posts before this one, I don't know who to believe anymore.

If you have the case filed, and an Application Number, you can request the case notes. It will take 30 days to get it. ATIP / Privacy Act Requests: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
farazprok said:
Thanks profiler for your prompt response. It does not make any sense to me to cause trouble for PR application since they are two different applications. You only need to make sure that you hold a valid status/permit in Canada until you become PR. As long as your stay in Canada is legal, you will be fine with the PR application. Dont know. This is my opinion, but CIC has their own rules which do not always make sense.
I am not disagreeing about maintaining status. But I thought I read somewhere about it perhaps attracting negative attention...

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
@profiler nope, it just says "Application Received". I guess that means we have been shelved?? I'll get the case notes.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
@profiler nope, it just says "Application Received". I guess that means we have been shelved?? I'll get the case notes.
Yeah get the case notes for sure. Sounds like a similar situation to a file I read about. Might have a document missing, requested, update requested, something like that....

If that's the case, then inland or outland wouldn't matter. You'd have the same delay.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profiler i am sorry to hear seems like one department works differently than another seems like they all lie bur be strong we are almost done call your mp bro and get them to see what's going on

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@profiler i am sorry to hear seems like one department works differently than another seems like they all lie bur be strong we are almost done call your mp bro and get them to see what's going on
Nah. Not worth worrying about to be honest. We will have a landing party eventually. Not a big deal. I just don't like being lied to.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
profiler said:
EDIT: OK, so I have no idea what to believe anymore. The call centre just (apparently) looked at out file and claims there is no note at all that we are in SIR. In fact, he claimed there is almost no notes at all on the file. He also stated that they had the PCC on file. Also that our application is considered complete and they are not looking for any documentation from us at this time. He also asked me if we have linked our application to a myCIC account (there is a note that gets added to the application that states it was linked!!!). If I said no, he was going to email that to me. He said the best way to know you were added to SIR is by having a (an) (e)mail from them stating they want you to make sure all documents are up to date.
To be honest, I wouldn't put too much faith in what this particular CIC phone operator has to say. Sounds like a frustrating call, I don't envy you, but it sounds like they are just following a script.
About the SIR, that should be clearly indicated on the notes. I thought you had finally received those, no?

@justxher
Our application still only says 'Application Received' without any 'we started processing....' on ECAS and yet they have started my criminality, so they are working on it. I think you should just stick with the inland app at this point considering you already have the OWP.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
polarvolcano said:
About the SIR, that should be clearly indicated on the notes. I thought you had finally received those, no?
Not yet -- still -- that's what my MP was trying to appease. Because they are apparently very behind on notes. That's why they got more information for me...

justxher

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
05-May-2016
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2016
@polarvolcano, that's awesome, thanks! I'm really hoping it's just a failure to update the site and doesnt mean they havent touched it yet. I guess the notes will tell.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
justxher said:
@polarvolcano, that's awesome, thanks! I'm really hoping it's just a failure to update the site and doesnt mean they havent touched it yet. I guess the notes will tell.
Yeah and here I appear to be very behind as well (March 2 application):

Sponsorship Side:
We received your application to sponsor YOUR AWESOME WIFE on March 2, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 13, 2016.
We started processing your application on May 28, 2016.

PR Side:
We received YOUR AWESOME WIFE's application for permanent residence on March 2, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Yet we also have (according to our MP) Security and Criminality underway. With that in mind, that indicates that not only have we (and polarvolcano) have passed step 1 and we are onto step 2: admissibility check; just before the completion of the application. Step 2 also is where Medical is assessed (apparently).

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@profile we are step 2 too cause in step 2 they ask for pcc in line 3 it says medical results received and line 2 in process and I remember his(HUSBAND)lawyer said to me do not take ecase or cic operators words seriously they are told what to say and each depth do there own thing plus they can not tell you anything basically they all b's and best thing to do is sit tight and prayer or just wait

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
HI PROFILER.I THINK YOU ARE MISTAKEN TO SAY THAT ANYONE THAT GOT AIP WAS NOT ON SIR PROGRAM.MY ATIP WAS EMAILED YESTERDAY.
PROGRAM.....SIR
CLASS.......1
MEDICAL....PASSED
ELIGIBILITY....AIP...PASSED
CRIMINALITY...IN PROGRESS

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
@profiler: remember I was told by a call centre agent that my OWP app doesn't matter cause I don't qualify for the program and 3 days later it was approved?! I rest my case.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Hi Profiler:

I am planning to apply for the OWP (June 1 Inland app AOR2 June 29), I was looking for an unrestricted OWP, should I just apply and let them ask for the medicals or should I proceed to voluntary medicals first and then apply?

Thanks
Sam